• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and drug use.

Do you, or have you at one time, regularly used a recreational drug?

• I - Yes

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • E - Yes

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • N - Yes

Votes: 62 41.1%
  • S - Yes

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • T - Yes

Votes: 42 27.8%
  • F - Yes

Votes: 28 18.5%
  • P - Yes

Votes: 52 34.4%
  • J - Yes

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • I - No

Votes: 63 41.7%
  • E - No

Votes: 13 8.6%
  • N - No

Votes: 67 44.4%
  • S - No

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • T - No

Votes: 37 24.5%
  • F - No

Votes: 43 28.5%
  • P - No

Votes: 49 32.5%
  • J - No

Votes: 30 19.9%

• Total voters

Didums

I used to drink 7 two-liters a day.

Things I've learned from this:
Mountain Dew has the most caffeine in it out of any regular brand soda
Barqs is the only caffeinated root beer.

I was basically a Mountain Dew addict at one point, 2 liters a day every day. Its still the best drink ever, though I drink it a lot less :(

Supernova, Voltage, or Revolution? (testing you)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Few things, nothin' regular, and never even considered shit like crack or heroin. Bad news.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Tried just yesterday:
why?=> I was curious to understand what the hype was all about, I did not feel pressured. I just wanted to..."discover?/understand"?I must say I really enjoyed it actually.o_O But...Not going to do it again any time soon because I only smoked two puffs and that got me high..for ...30 minutes..or less..or more, I was at a birthday party? I drank too but I am not an abuser=> I'm a "taster?" I don't see myself abusing substances simply because I can easily "throw things" away, I drank one sip of something and something else and that's all. I did resist peer pressure during my entire high school life but my virulent resistance turned into curiosity=>what in the world was that hype all about? Now it's done, case closed.
People love to dramatize things though, they think people turn into addicts after the first "puff,sip?".

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I havn't done any drugs.

The only thing I would predict is that people with strong "Ni" like mushrooms and holucinogens, only because some of my friends who vaguely fit the Ni description like them a lot, while my friends that don't fit the Ni description don't like them.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Dwigie, experimenting with drugs isn't bad, everybody is curious... Its once the experiment is over are you a user or non-user, and thats where the social stigma comes in.

Not doing it again is a good decision.

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
The only drug I abuse somewhat regularly is alcohol. I do have a fair number of prescriptions drugs that I use regularly, for various chronic ailments. I have experimented with other drugs, mostly after my time in the military and frequent drug tests. None of them really appealed to me, so I did not stick with them. I might have stuck with marijuana, but I don't like smoking anything except hookah. Too lazy to try baking it. So ... I'm sticking to alcohol.

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
I used to drink 7 two-liters a day.

Things I've learned from this:
Mountain Dew has the most caffeine in it out of any regular brand soda
Barqs is the only caffeinated root beer.

Wa-hey! That is serious business right there. Excuse me for mentioning the obvious, but you must have had to pee. Like all the time.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I think I should mention something about...drinking and such and cultures because I think there can be wildly different approaches to it.
Ex:
In my country..we drink all the time, I won't lie, it's really a social thing. nobody drinks because they're "depressed"(on second thought, here too no?Probably just a stereotype), it's the opposite actually.
drinking has a very different connotation.
To be honest I was surprised when I saw that drinking was supposed to be cool for teenagers my age..I guess they like the fact it's "forbidden" to them. It's not forbidden for us where I come from, heck we brew beer with whatever with got, even bananas. Yes they make banana wine where I come from and everyone drinks it, we just don't get really "wasted" as often as people here.

redacted

Gonna be hard to make sense of the poll results, since the sample is hugely biased.

Anyways, yes, I've done drugs regularly before.

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
yay for psychedelics haha

i drink and ive tried a lot of drugs..its fun and all but i dont really care for them
it annoys me when people become attached

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't do drugs and I don't smoke. In fact, I rarely remember to take my prescription meds.

Although I'm sure if I was recreational drug using situation, I would try it once, twice if I like it.

ThePenIsMightier

MBTI Type
xNFJ
I smoke pretty regularly. Definatly enjoy the feeling but it's more it'll turn my inner muse on to an increadable level. I always end up making something new in the kitchen or writing a poem or short story. I can do those things normally, but it just kicks my creative side into overdrive. I've also done shrooms and I'm really curious about LSD. Outside of those three, I'm not gonna touch it.

I do drink as well, but almost always just on weekends.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wait, shouldn't video games qualify as a drug? I think so.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'd be interested in seeing if there are any correlations between type and drug use. Not alcohol/caffeine/tobacco, they don't count. I wanted to make each MBTI type in the poll, but there is a limit, so I am doing the functions individually.

I was going to make the poll public, but, I guess it will get more votes if it's anonymous.

Are you trying to see what types try drugs or what types are willing to break the law to do it? Just curious because of your dismissial of alcohol, caffeine, and tobacco.

I've tried marijuana (not regularly) but I haven't tried anything else mostly because I haven't decided on a career yet and some require polygraph tests. ;)

But I probably wouldn't try uppers just because of my experience with caffeine.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think this thread should be split up into 2 threads, like how the "one night stand content" threads have male only and female only... this one should be "yes i've used only" and "no i've not used" only that way the polls can declare all 16 individual personality types rather than misleading individual letter references

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
the real question is, which drug is most APPEALING to which type. not which type is most likely to do which drug.

*NTP - DMT (Dimethyltryptamine) would probably be at the top of the list for "most appealing". DMT is by far the most dissociative hallucinogen. It's the only drug that can completely take you out of reality.

ESFJ - Ecstasy. It's a touchy feely drug. ESF's would love it. NT's have higher things on their priority list.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Here is a format that sheds a little more light on the current poll results.

I: 27/62 = 43.55% Yes
E: 13/19 = 68.42% Yes
N: 31/67 = 46.27% Yes
S: 5/10 = 50% Yes
T: 22/41 = 53.66% Yes
F: 13/37 = 35.14% Yes
P: 25/52 = 48.08% Yes
J: 9/23 = 39.13% Yes

According to the results so far the trait most correlated with drug use is extraversion, while the trait least correlated with drug use is feeling. The type most likely to experiment with drugs is ESTP, while the type least likely is INFJ.