User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you, or have you at one time, regularly used a recreational drug?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • I - Yes

52 33.99%
  • E - Yes

26 16.99%
  • N - Yes

63 41.18%
  • S - Yes

11 7.19%
  • T - Yes

42 27.45%
  • F - Yes

29 18.95%
  • P - Yes

52 33.99%
  • J - Yes

17 11.11%
  • I - No

64 41.83%
  • E - No

13 8.50%
  • N - No

68 44.44%
  • S - No

12 7.84%
  • T - No

37 24.18%
  • F - No

44 28.76%
  • P - No

49 32.03%
  • J - No

31 20.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 678910 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Because I'm as pathetic as the next needy person.

( I see them as being the same in the sense that both might be pursued to fill a void, but like I said, MBTI doesn't do the damage drugs do, and therefore is at least a step up. IMHO.)
    Wow, I just read this. You are really an outstanding SJ.

I hope you will thrive for security in your life, as I hope for everyone, because it is needed. And I hope you will never forget about the void
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

Default MBTI and Drugs

Hello there!

I'm not really much of a drug user, but I have experimented with recreational drugs, namely Ecstasy and Marijuana. Ecstasy mainly because I had always been fascinated with how it effects mood and perspective, and curiosity regarding euphoria and its supposed positive psychological effects - and each time I have had it, I've loved it (but wouldn't do it regularly). Marijuana because pretty much everyone does it. I enjoy it very occasionally, but the fact that it is demotivating and doesn't really do all that much kinda makes me rather blah about it.

The whole subject of recreational substances and how they effect the human brain fascinates me, and this would probably be behind any personal experimentation rather than to simply get trashed.

I wonder if one MBTI type is more likely to experiment with drugs than others, and for what reasons? Or is an N more likely than an S? Or is it an extrovert thing rather than introvert?

Opinions?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Moved from NT Rationale.

SPs are the usual answer.

Oh and I forgot:

INTPs: "Most frequent among college students referred for drug and alcohol violations. Source: MBTI Manual, 1998"
    Last edited by MacGuffin; 11-06-2008 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Merging 2 post(s)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

I think everyone is just as susceptible to get into drugs as the person next to them, but being exposed to drugs as a child or watching your parents go through the struggle would add to the likelihood of you getting into the habit.

Introverts like drugs, it lets them separate themselves from the world
    Extroverts like drugs, they can be used in social situations to have all achieve the same likeness of mind (hence why people drink at parties)
    Intuitives like drugs, because their likelihood to try new things gets them to make the first step, and you never know if they'll ever step back
    Sensors like drugs, because they affect your senses
    Thinkers like drugs, I think moreso uppers than downers because they speed you up, letting you think twice as fast
    Feelers like drugs, because they feel good.
    Perceivers like drugs, because they change your view on the world. its different and its new to those who have never tried it.
    Judgers like drugs, because self-perceived "responsible" drugging allows you to feel like a kid and be an adult at the same time

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Oh and I forgot:

INTPs: "Most frequent among college students referred for drug and alcohol violations. Source: MBTI Manual, 1998"
    Most frequent to get caught for drug and alcohol violations. I dont think it accurately represents the types using them.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by EvanTheClown View Post
    Most frequent to get caught for drug and alcohol violations. I dont think it accurately represents the types using them.
    I read it as "most likely to let use get out of control in college".

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by EvanTheClown View Post
    Yeah, I got three of those drug/alcohol referral things. I just wasn't cautious enough. I'm not sure if INTPs are anymore careless then other types when it comes to this, but I was.

My first violation was when I was smoking weed with people in a dorm right above an RA, with the windows open. My ENTJ friend got spooked and left 5 minutes before campus police came in.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I don't really do drugs much. I've gotten drunk once or twice, but that's all.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Moved from NT Rationale.

SPs are the usual answer.

Oh and I forgot:

An INTP friend of mine (well, friend may be too strong a term for this guy...), who is a phenomenally talented mathematician got himself into llot of trouble at uni for being an abusive drunk most of the time. He even hit a policeman and ended up spending the night in the cells. I think he wants to actually feel something so much so turns to drink and aggression to vent his frustration. I should mention that he's probably borderline Asperger's, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post

My first violation was when I was smoking weed with people in a dorm right above an RA, with the windows open. My ENTJ friend got spooked and left 5 minutes before campus police came in.
    Hehehehe - you can always count on us ENTJS

MBTI
    INFP

Let me preface my response with like you, aj, I too wish an Emporium existed over here like at INTPc. I enjoy reading intp's reactions to other substances as well as reading about other people's experiences on erowid.

I usually have a beer a day and avoid drinking if I'm not in a pleasant mood. A fine beer is like a fine wine.

I smoke weed probably every three to four months. I do not enjoy smoking around others except if they're my core friends (Best friend & my girlfriend). Then for the most part, we go to our prospective computers to listen to music. On the occassion, it's certainly made me feel randy. I don't like to smoke it often nor become psychological dependent on it. Same goes for alcohol regarding the psychological dependency. Also, I feel as if I were to consistently smoke it, its esoteric inducing effect upon me would fade. Naturally, I do not want to lose that. Of course, your mileage may vary.

I tried mushrooms two years ago and had a life altering experience. For the first time in my life, I stared at the abyss for so long that it stared back at me. I triumphed over it by affirming my life as a creator of value. I would like to try them again in the near future.

Other drugs that hold an interest for me are mainly Peyote under the right circumstances and saliva. I'm not a fan of synthetic drugs.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.