• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How can a INFJ permanently loop Ni-Ti without Fe butting in or becoming unhealthy?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For an infj, Fe is vital.

The second function is the parent function and is said to be the key to developing all others.

Iow, developing your parent function will automatically strenghten and develop the others.

Without Fe, infjs typically become even more introverted, jaded, afraid of the world and largely pedantic and incredibly critical in the thralls of Ni-Ti. Tertiary Ti screams for logical perfection while Ni wants to reshape the world. Without the loving guidance of a grounded Fe, those demands will only get worse and more unrealistic, causing self fulfilling prophesies regarding the failure that is the world - and by extention, themselves.

So, no, i wouldnt advise it :)

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think you can keep up a dominant-tertiary loop for extended periods while staying healthy. Ni and Ti can work well in conjunction together, but they sort of need Fe in the long run.
I sort of view the auxiliary function as a mediator or balance between the dominant and tertiary.
If you never use your auxiliary, it'll feel weird to actually use it. But it's better in the long run.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am what one could call an "unhealthy INFJ" with my Fe being very undeveloped and I wonder why on earth anyone would want it that way.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I still don't understand what a Ni-Ti loop is like in the mind. I should, but I don't get it. :shrug:

I don’t like sprinkles on my chocolate frosted donut. It’s like a rainbow 🌈 shit on it.

This completely irrelevant comment is brought to you by an INFP. INFPs making INFJ threads sillier since the two minutes it took me to type this.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You need a balance of introversion and extroversion to even truly function in life imo.

Vivienne.Iris

I don't think you can keep up a dominant-tertiary loop for extended periods while staying healthy. Ni and Ti can work well in conjunction together, but they sort of need Fe in the long run.
I sort of view the auxiliary function as a mediator or balance between the dominant and tertiary.
If you never use your auxiliary, it'll feel weird to actually use it. But it's better in the long run.

It seems like my Fe has no positive advantages. All it does is feed my self-consciousness and the rest of it’s energy is devoted to other people. It is no benefit for me except bridging Ni and Ti or manipulating people. Even when I do use it, it feels unnatural, I get the strong desire to to stop using it, and, for me, it doesn’t even live up to it’s only advantage of playing people chess.

I like Ti. It gets me on track of tasks at hand.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
No thanks. I believe the thing I want to keep is, what’s it called, motivation?

oh people just badmouth lobotomy. It's peer-reviewed and everything.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh people just badmouth lobotomy. It's peer-reviewed and everything.

Lobotomies can really bum out your friends, though.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
@ the OP - identifying your own needs, learning to maintain healthy boundaries between those and the needs of others, will make all the difference. It’ll shut off the noise in your head for good, so you can accomplish whatever needs doing, without distraction, and without sacrificing your humanity at the same time... if that makes sense.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fe needs to be honed, as well.

Its at its best when it truly is like a parent.

Firm, yet gentle, understanding, yet decisive. It knows when to give and when to set a challenge. But that knowledge does take mastery.

Meanwhile, tertiary/teenage Ti is a gigantic pain in the ass to others without Fe to overwatch it, ime and intensely critical of all, especially its owner. The self flagelation at the hands of its scalpel is...yeah. There’s a reason they were designed to work in unison.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'd recommend doing more research on ISTPs if you think you are in a prolonged loop at questionable rates of health. When looping, you resemble the other extrovert or the other introvert of your two combined axes. So for example, a looping ENFP resembles an ESTJ and vice versa. I know the confusion between having strong functions with looping is what caused me to be mistyped, so that's my two cents

blob

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Disable fe from your hotkeys in settings

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'd recommend doing more research on ISTPs if you think you are in a prolonged loop at questionable rates of health. When looping, you resemble the other extrovert or the other introvert of your two combined axes. So for example, a looping ENFP resembles an ESTJ and vice versa. I know the confusion between having strong functions with looping is what caused me to be mistyped, so that's my two cents

I'm pretty sure I'm actually a looping ISFP. I had to go waaay back and asses my behavior as a youngen.

- - - Updated - - -

"Asses," lol.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Disable fe from your hotkeys in settings

I mean that’s acceptable for sure.

Although I prefer to to switch my Fe from Auto to Manual.

You know so I don’t accidentally comfort someone :newwink:

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For an infj, Fe is vital.

The second function is the parent function and is said to be the key to developing all others.

Iow, developing your parent function will automatically strenghten and develop the others.

Without Fe, infjs typically become even more introverted, jaded, afraid of the world and largely pedantic and incredibly critical in the thralls of Ni-Ti. Tertiary Ti screams for logical perfection while Ni wants to reshape the world. Without the loving guidance of a grounded Fe, those demands will only get worse and more unrealistic, causing self fulfilling prophesies regarding the failure that is the world - and by extention, themselves.

So, no, i wouldnt advise it :)

How exactly would you define Fe here?

How is it something that INFJs need - that presumably, other introverted types don't need (especially IFPs, since they are supposedly equally as people-oriented) - to avoid becoming dysfunctionally turned inwards?

@ the OP - identifying your own needs, learning to maintain healthy boundaries between those and the needs of others, will make all the difference. It’ll shut off the noise in your head for good, so you can accomplish whatever needs doing, without distraction, and without sacrificing your humanity at the same time... if that makes sense.

I agree with this.

I wouldn't put it in terms of "using Fe" myself - since I've not discerned a specific way for INFJs to connect to others (when they are slipping into the kind inner looping) that doesn't seem to apply equally to other types as well. But for myself, looking inward in a productive way (ie identifying own needs, learning how to identify one's own boundaries and how to enforce it, etc) instead of in an unproductive way (eg trying to figure out what's really going on, what someone else's intentions 'really are' as a way to process wary/hurt feelings, etc - which aren't actually introspection, but are ways the human mind tends to produce narratives about the external world that alleviate any kind of suffering) is the way to stop looping.