• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Why Introverted Intuitives Struggle In The Modern World

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So my question is... how does one view an INxx type?

View them as a human being like all the other types? I don't see how believing the world is set against INxx types is useful. The idea that INxxs once had more value than they do now is speculation without anything to back it up. And how would all the developments of the last thousand years all be to the benefit of everyone but INxxs?

Re: policing who gets to type themselves as which type... well, that's a whole other topic.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your words have meaning, but they do not relate to the OP.

OP is talking about how certain types are more disadvantaged in the world for being a certain type. It relates to how INXX types in particular have issues with the "modern" world (though I fail to see how the modern world in particular is an issue for INXX types anyway...not like the past was any better).
Modern world is a label to what we call today's times. People with sensing or intuitive preferences have existed throughout time. I don't see how the modern world favors us anymore than it has in the past.

Sorry, but being born an S type doesn't mean that I'm a millionaire, or that I have a successful career, or that I am skilled physically, or that I get things done on time, or that I can connect with people better, or that I am at all better at life or have an easier time in general than an intuitive out there. Life is rarely handed to ANYONE out there on a silver platter, no matter the type.

Millionaires are minorities nonetheless and sensors don't necessarily follow another minority. I'm not following that. Sensors and intuitives are not born "better". Ask yourself, in everyday life in this world we live in, what do you say would best be preferred naturally to help you live comfortably in most activities? I'm not talking ideals here, just the here and now. There's millionaire sensors and intuitives. I don't know how it exactly changes the playing field. Think of intuition as one facet of being at a disadvantage. Of course if one has more positives than negatives, perhaps just being an "intuitive" is not enough to be at an ultimate disadvantage in everyday life.

This isn't anything like speaking about how those born into a low socioeconomic status are disadvantaged. No. This is inventing a scenario to feel special and claim that one has it "harder" than someone else for an imaginary, bullshit reason.

I'm sure being poor is not the only way one can be disadvantaged.

A gay, black, and poor person is surely at a more disadvantage, than a straight white rich person no? But the gay rich black man is surely more at an advantage than his poorer cousin. There's multiple facets. I think to invalidate intuition as "naw, it doesn't count at all" is like saying out of all the ways you can be disadvantage, the way you see the world.. just doesn't matter to us and if you do it, we won't like it anyway.

It's like someone saying we rich people hate that poor people get attention... but race matters.. or vice versa. The whole thing that intuition preference in a situation that doesn't call for it.. is not even recognized is the horror no one wants to seem to admit.

Let's step out of cognitive mind for a second. You think anyone likes to be picked last on sport team? It's reality.. someone will be picked last. Unless the methods are changed of course. If everyone was randomly selected before there was any "team captains"

Plenty of intuitives are dealing with reality. I don't know where the sensors of this site alone are thinking.. we're not. I'm sure people around you are dealing with it. Poor people deal with reality. do they want more money? I'm sure they'd like some. Transsexuals are dealing with realities.. do they want to be treated as equals when it comes to their dating life? I'm sure.. but they don't.

I don't need to go every route of being disadvantaged.

Articles about how N types are disadvantaged read to me like an article would on how people with attached earlobes are disadvantaged over people with detached earlobes. It's almost nonsensical.

So people can detach and reattach earlobes at will? I don't know how that works. Intuition isn't locked in. It's a preference. Before gays were more accepted, a lot of them said if I was straight, I would be. Now thanks to the ever increasingly growing and loving environment, gays don't have to "wish" that anymore. We just ask for that more loving environment. And there are still environments where gays are at a disadvantage. That's why gay rights is still a thing.

Yes, sensing and inutition are two different ways of thinking about and interacting with the world. But BOTH have advantages and disadvantages. One isn't more advantageous than the other unless you are looking at specific fields. Even then, I'd say that this isn't necessarily the case.
Different situations call for different measures, sure.

Not to mention there's the bullshit in this particular article about how intuitives in general only like to have powerful and meaningful roles in life. Do you think every person in the world, intuitive or not, actually get a choice in the matter? So few people in the world get to influence it in a powerful way, even if they wanted to. A lot of us just have to suck it up and work shitty jobs to get by in life. We all need to eat and pay for a roof over our heads. Not all of us can afford to run off and attempt to "change the world."

Hell, you're talking about invalidation... don't you think that by accepting this idea of INXX types having it harder than others that it invalidates the struggles of people of other types???

I'm not here to defend every point and I don't agree with everything Mr. Drenth says, my whole point of what I wrote was not to invalidate sensors or any of that. I'm just saying no one's contributing to an alternative. That's all I'm saying.

Sure rich people have problems that poor don't even have. That's real. Celebrity life is a different kind of challenge.
Being straight has problems.. sometimes men and women don't get along. That's real.
Being white has problems.. sometimes white people hurt each other.

A poor person is complaining about their socioeconomic status and being told because their white.. they should have to not whine about it. I'm kind of like.. seriously?
Or a straight person saying.. why do gays need to keep clamoring for more.. they already have their civil unions! I don't see the problem!

or here's one I really like to feel invalidated for:

As long as the gays are not flamboyant (as long as an intuitive doesn't do his preference in front of me), he's alright.

tl;dr:
An intuitive has issues with daily life issues with the majority's
A lgbt person has issues in identity/sexuality with the majority's
A poor person has issues with material possessions in comparison with the majority
A person with a racial minority has issues with culture clashing with the majority's

Give us a solution to coexist, not to put us down as our issues are just not real or our problems don't matter.

I'm an intuitive, with a mixed race, I'm financially dependent on my parents working a minimum wage job because I can no longer have a college education, and I'm not exactly straight and I'm more feminine than my male gender says I should be (I'm genderqueer perhaps?).
I'm trying to deal with reality the best I can.

Tell a racial minority they're not special.
Tell a poor person they're not special.
Tell an lgbt person they're not special.
Tell an intuitive they're not special. (Oh wait it's socially acceptable to say that now huh? Kind of like before the blacks got their civil liberties.. was it ok then?)

Nah, cause my internet buddies approved.

Great.
Real Great. :dry:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
View them as a human being like all the other types? I don't see how believing the world is set against INxx types is useful. The idea that INxxs once had more value than they do now is speculation without anything to back it up. And how would all the developments of the last thousand years all be to the benefit of everyone but INxxs?

Re: policing who gets to type themselves as which type... well, that's a whole other topic.

No, no one is born programmed to terminate the INxx, it's just irl situations call where intuition is a less than preferable to many people and we're invalidated for that. When we show ourselves, we're hurt because it's not "heard of" or "natural"

Yes, we're all human beings, I'm not a lizard thanks.

It is, and it's something I don't care to do anymore.

Yeah because you shouldn't enforce whites being called blacks.. they can be black if they want to. :dry:
A rich person throwing money everywhere wants to be called poor... and get welfare. We shouldn't tell them that he isn't poor. :dry: We shouldn't judge him for his taxes.
We can't tell a straight person they're straight because what if even thought they're hyperly avoidant of the same sex and not for any traumatic/psychological reason.
So yeah a sensor who has never faced the issues of being odd one left out for what an intuitive faces.. shouldn't be policed on. Yeah. yeah.

Ban me.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never known an INTJ who struggles in any world.
We struggle in worlds we don't [generally] care about.

An INTJ thinks it is thinking but in reality it's instinct acting fast. They might be able to immediately make sense of this instint. It's not a magical undescribably force for them. If they sit down and think about it they can think where the instinct came from. So they might think they are thinking fast. But in my opinion they are Ni delivers them super fast instinct.

I wonder whether INTJs would disagree with me.
I disagree. Ni is fast-thinking, but much slower to act, due to the need to translate or align those instantaneous visions with reality. That is the difference between instinct (more the domain of SPs) and intuition.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
TBH, [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION], I don't know what you're talking about. Your last two posts are difficult for me to follow. Sorry.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I personally do not think any personality type is more likely to struggle than another. There are people of each type from all backgrounds and walks of life. Sure, plenty of people of the IN types struggle, but I think saying they struggle more discounts the very real problems of everyone else. People of all types can suffer from an illness (mental or physical), lack basic necessities, feel alienated from their communities, be abused, generally feel lost in the world, or any other type of struggle.