• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ne-Fi vs. Fi-Ne

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So, I see a lot as to ENFP and INFP, and I wonder truly.
Is there a major difference between Ne-Fi and Fi-Ne? What is it like? How does the other take it on?

Thanks for any replies.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENFP who misidentified as an INFP for awhile here!

It depends on which one you use more and is a deeper part of you. I've heard it explained that your dominant function is like an organ in the fact that you absolutely cannot continue to be you without it. Your auxiliary is like a limb. You use it a lot, and it would suck to lose it, but it wouldn't completely destroy you.

Ne-Fi tends to act and question first, then step back and look at their values and what they think. Fi-Ne tends to consider their values first. This obviously isn't a 100% steady pattern.

I've also heard that ENFPs tend to question their level of introversion/extraversion more than INFPs. But I personally think that's a shallow way to determine type. INFP's can also seem rather extraverted just like ENFPs can seem rather introverted.

ENFPs and INFPs do share a lot of similar qualities though. I tend to see them as kindred spirits. You find similar creativity, imagination, curiosity, and thought patterns generally.

You can also look at your tertiary and inferior functions to determine type as well. As an ENFP, I have Te-Si. So I'm going to use Te more than an INFP (Si-Te). This isn't as obvious as Te in an EXTJ, but there are some hints of the tertiary and inferior functions in everyone if you look hard enough.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A good defining factor is deciding which supports which. Does your Fi support your Ne, or does your Ne support your Fi?

Another clue is whether or not you're introverted or extroverted. Although ENFP's are considered the most introverted extroverts, there is still a pretty clear line between an introverted dom and an extroverted dom. Figuring out your temperament is key, alongside whether your Te is tertiary or inferior, same as Si. As someone who is around a lot of Te terts, I find it easy to identify an EXFP from an IXFP.

Inferior functions are usually where our struggles are, so pay attention to those. An INFP is more likely to struggle with assertiveness and an ENFP is more likely to struggle with realism.

Last edited: