User Tag List

123 Last

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default How to use Te without being an asshole.

Is it possible to effectively use Te without coming across as an asshole?

I am an ENFP (with well-developed Te) and my father is an ENTJ. So I've been on the giving and receiving end of Te asshole-dom. Has anyone else noticed this about Te? Anyone have any tips on how to balance Te's need for effectiveness with the needs of the people around you?
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀
    Likes NakedSingularity, Qlip, Forever_Jung liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post

I am an ENFP (with well-developed Te) and my father is an ENTJ. So I've been on the giving and receiving end of Te asshole-dom. Has anyone else noticed this about Te? Anyone have any tips on how to balance Te's need for effectiveness with the needs of the people around you?
    Consider the wants and needs of others when measuring that effectiveness.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

You should choose your words and your timining more carefully if you want to soften up the message.
    However Te by definition is unplesant function and that can never be fully undone.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

Patience. Te tends to steamroll in the name if efficiency, especially in Te doms and Te tertiaries, ime.

Keeping in mind that making the world into a germantrain isnt necessarily a priority allows you to step back and breathe while you give others a chance to get on board woth your Te plans.

I ll admit im still struggling with this myself as the fristration and irritation builds up without me realising it, causing sudden bursts of steam rollingg. Disconnecting a second to go back to the big picture while taking into account what people need - evenif it means sitting on your hands a bit - tends to do the trick and allows me to reengage Ne and find perhaps a different way to achieve my Te goal without steamrolling everyone.

/2 cents.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Be careful what you believe, because that is the world you'll create - Cassie Nightingale

MBTI
    STP

I have an ESTJ real estate agent thats not an ass hole. He has pretty much just accepted life is and people are crazy and laugh about it...not them. He gets upset, but its short lived as he resorts back to his laughing enjoying life self.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Patience. Te tends to steamroll in the name if efficiency, especially in Te doms and Te tertiaries, ime.

Keeping in mind that making the world into a germantrain isnt necessarily a priority allows you to step back and breathe while you give others a chance to get on board woth your Te plans.

I ll admit im still struggling with this myself as the fristration and irritation builds up without me realising it, causing sudden bursts of steam rollingg. Disconnecting a second to go back to the big picture while taking into account what people need - evenif it means sitting on your hands a bit - tends to do the trick and allows me to reengage Ne and find perhaps a different way to achieve my Te goal without steamrolling everyone.

/2 cents.
    ESTJ real estate agent steams rolls everyone, but not in a rude way. He is just very forward. His opinions are not ass holish as he enjoys his life and what he does. Always a smile, always a laugh.

I know others who dont know how to not be an asshole. Its all about attitude toward life...
    Im out, its been fun

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

I know several "healthy" TJs with a good use of Te that are not assholes. But they are older than 40, often having spent years and decades as a complete asshole.

One 70-something ENTJ likes to tell the story about how he woke up one day around 40 and realized what an angry nasty jerk he was. He says it took a decade to work through all that. Today he is a huge hearted giving and considerate old man who spends hours helping others, with considerable patience he lacked in his early days.

I do know one relatively good and healthy young ISTJ. He grew up in a loving Christian home and internalized the need to treat others well. But even he admits taking a sick joy(his words) in the fiobles and pain of others......
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

This confuses me. If it matters to you, what's stopping you from not being an asshole?

*laughs*

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Oh yes, ENFPs and their tertiary, the ol' Te hammer. The answer is, no, not at first. The thing is, when we start using it, it startles and scares people, and scares ourselves. And honestly, we're not very good at it, at first. But with practice you'll get better, you'll never have a Te scalpel, though.
    Likes Amargith, Zarathustra liked this post