User Tag List

Enneagram

Default When did you start to notice your auxiliary function developing?

This is an offshoot of another thread. Coriolis had said something interesting about remembering her Te developing as a kid:

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I was very conscious of starting to develop Te when I was around 10-12 or so. Of course I didn't think of in those terms back then, as I knew nothing about MBTI, etc. What I did feel was a constant struggle to take ideas that seemed so clear swirling around in my head and present them to someone else in a coherent form, and then to defend them against questioning, and (kind-hearted) attempts to pick them apart, courtesy of an old, dear family friend. There was an almost palpable sensation surrounding the development of this ability, as if I could feel things coming into alignment and reinforcing each other. By the time I was in high school, I was quite proficient at this, at least for my age, and there was no looking back.
    I had a similar experience myself around the ages of 11-13, though not with Te.

Do you recall a certain period in your life in which you were conscious of developing a secondary function? Describe that period.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

Young. Young as hell. I can remember being a little Fe demon since early gradeschool. Probably 1st or 2nd grade, which for me was around age 7/8. Although there are a few members who would argue I'm an ESFJ rather than ISFJ. Honestly, I see my Si and Fe as being equally strong. Almost like having two dom functions instead of a dom/aux relationship.

My auxiliary is Fi. I started noticing it maybe in mid elementary school? It's been part of me for a long time. But it's always been there to the point I initially thought it was my dominant function for awhile.
    It's probably different for everyone. I personally can see glimpses of my tertiary looking back on my childhood. And in middle school, I was stuck in the grips of my inferior function.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I think it was very young when I began to "prefer" it, but it began to get more developed and nurtured at around 17.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari