• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Inferior Te Triggers vs Inferior Fe Triggers in Close Proximity to Family and Friends

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Good morning.

I am wondering if some IxTPs and IxFPs feel like sharing their thoughts and experiences on how their inferior function is triggered and how this might present in circumstances in which they're interacting with close friends and family members (as opposed to acquaintances, coworkers and people they're less close to socially). Please advise.

Non Ti and Fi doms with a good understanding of the systems may also feel free to share their insight and knowledge.

Thank you.

Edit: mods, please fix the thread title, it should read as Inferior Te Triggers vs Inferior Fe Triggers in Close Proximity to Family and Friends

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It doesn't happen often, but when stressed, I am reminded that the cause of my current stress has caused me stress many times before, because you can't always control what happens.

It's not always stress, though, sometimes I randomly remember something to the effect of "Oh yeah, I forgot that I've been interested in this subject for years. Let's explore it again. Childhood enthusiasm forever!"

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It doesn't happen often, but when stressed, I am reminded that the cause of my current stress has caused me stress many times before, because you can't always control what happens.

It's not always stress, though, sometimes I randomly remember something to the effect of "Oh yeah, I forgot that I've been interested in this subject for years. Let's explore it again. Childhood enthusiasm forever!"

The second point sounds like it might be more tied to the tertiary function. Unless your ENTP typing is accurate and for you this is related to some aspect of your inferior Si.

When I get stressed and triggered it is often out of interactions with family or close friends and how to properly interact with and please them. I will become obsessed that I am somehow not acting properly or adhering to some unwritten social rules and I will become upset that these unwritten social rules and cues aren't more apparent to me and aren't coming to me more naturally.

I can't tell if I'm triggered by inferior Te or inferior Fe. I saw it written in my type me thread that IxFPs, when triggered by inferior Te, will become colder and try to act more logical, whereas IxTPs will become upset that they can't function socially as well as they should and that as a result their emotions can become more apparent.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The second point sounds like it might be more tied to the tertiary function. Unless your ENTP typing is accurate and for you this is related to some aspect of your inferior Si.

When I get stressed and triggered it is often out of interactions with family or close friends and how to properly interact with and please them. I will become obsessed that I am somehow not acting properly or adhering to some unwritten social rules and I will become upset that these unwritten social rules and cues aren't more apparent to me and aren't coming to me more naturally.

I can't tell if I'm triggered by inferior Te or inferior Fe. I saw it written in my type me thread that IxFPs, when triggered by inferior Te, will become colder and try to act more logical, whereas IxTPs will become upset that they can't function socially as well as they should and that as a result their emotions can become more apparent.

I'm [almost] always questioning my type. It doesn't take much. Take a look here - http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/the-fluff-zone/25206-random-thread-7442.html#post2895523

I could possibly relate with your description of inferior Fe or inferior Te, I could see either applying to my behavior. :thinking:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In my natural "flow state" I'm probably a little more cold and robotic, with a touch of artificial surface warmth, so I thought that might be indicative of Ti with inferior Fe, but I understand that Fi doms can also be quite cold animals, particularly around strangers. However, that coldness doesn't really dissipate when I'm around non-strangers either.

The name I have thought of as my DJ/music producer name is Xenodroid and I think it is a fairly apt description for how I view myself and my personality. Xeno meaning strange or alien, and Droid because I am somewhat like an android doing his best to fit in with humans and learn their ways, despite the fact that he will never be able to fully become one of the humans he aspires to become.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In my natural "flow state" I'm probably a little more cold and robotic, with a touch of artificial surface warmth, so I thought that might be indicative of Ti with inferior Fe, but I understand that Fi doms can also be quite cold animals, particularly around strangers. However, that coldness doesn't really dissipate when I'm around non-strangers either.

The name I have thought of as my DJ/music producer name is Xenodroid and I think it is a fairly apt description for how I view myself and my personality. Xeno meaning strange or alien, and Droid because I am somewhat like an android doing his best to fit in with humans and learn their ways, despite the fact that he will never be able to fully become one of the humans he aspires to become.

How interesting, I'm somewhere between the two, basically just socially awkward. :p

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How interesting, I'm somewhere between the two, basically just socially awkward. :p

Could be that you have Fe or Fi as a tertiary or auxiliary function as well.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Could be that you have Fe or Fi as a tertiary or auxiliary function as well.

Yes, you're right, that's why I'm considering ENFP or maybe even ESFP, but I'm pretty sure that I'm not an ESTP :p

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Relationships start out slow as i need to actually learn the person. My ex could start relationships fast. Difference is i actually learned the person and over time knew them accurately. She was still didnt know who they really were. She quickly projects probability onto them and i listen and learn the intricacies.

She is more likely to hit it off instantly and have fun with that person faster, i learn them and can actually over time relate and know them better.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Relationships start out slow as i need to actually learn the person. My ex could start relationships fast. Difference is i actually learned the person and over time knew them accurately. She was still didnt know who they really were. She quickly projects probability onto them and i listen and learn the intricacies.

She is more likely to hit it off instantly and have fun with that person faster, i learn them and can actually over time relate and know them better.

If this is a stupid question, forgive me. Do you poke people often? :D

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If this is a stupid question, forgive me. Do you poke people often? :D

Depends on the person? I dont just poke willy nilly, but when i do they fall in love :D

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Depends on the person? I dont just poke willy nilly, but when i do they fall in love :D

I think we have two different definitions of poke. I meant with your index finger, like casual playful teasing. I think you mean something more intimate.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think we have two different definitions of poke. I meant with your index finger, like casual playful teasing. I think you mean something more intimate.

Index finger...any finger really :laugh:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's amazing what you can do with two fingers and a thumb.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Index finger...any finger really :laugh:

that-escalated-quickly-gif.gif

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I merely meant "pushing peoples buttons"...where did your mind go :devil: you ever poke someone and they just light up at the sight of you?

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I merely meant "pushing peoples buttons"...where did your mind go :devil: you ever poke someone and they just light up at the sight of you?

Are you sure you didn't mean fingering? :harhar: :laugh:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you sure you didn't mean fingering? :harhar: :laugh:

Yup, fingering is shallow...what other buttons are you pushing as well. Speed, pressure, etc. Its all "relative"

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yup, fingering is shallow...what other buttons are you pushing as well. Speed, pressure, etc. Its all "relative"

I push whatever buttons look fun, as long as it's not too dangerous. :D