• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Inferior Te Triggers vs Inferior Fe Triggers in Close Proximity to Family and Friends

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oh god lol what has this place turned into :D. Mr [MENTION=26104]Quint[/MENTION] being a ENTP my dear you are doing well at a ENTPs life purpose :) which is to troll and cause mayhem. BTW I wonder could Cheshire cat and Introspector Gadget ever be buddies :).

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Parallelly related:

Just felt like responding since I’m tagged so often. :)

I really don’t ever see IP’s fight like ever. :mellow: Maybe they kill each other with their minds.

Its like IP mixed with an EP or an EJ. They just go cray

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh god lol what has this place turned into :D. Mr [MENTION=26104]Quint[/MENTION] being a ENTP my dear you are doing well at a ENTPs life purpose :) which is to troll and cause mayhem. BTW I wonder could Cheshire cat and Introspector Gadget ever be buddies :).

And here I was wondering if I was an ENFP :thinking:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good morning.

I am wondering if some IxTPs and IxFPs feel like sharing their thoughts and experiences on how their inferior function is triggered and how this might present in circumstances in which they're interacting with close friends and family members (as opposed to acquaintances, coworkers and people they're less close to socially). Please advise.

Non Ti and Fi doms with a good understanding of the systems may also feel free to share their insight and knowledge.

Thank you.

Mainly, it makes my decision making process more difficult as I take them into consideration. That's it. I have a crap ton more patience for loved ones and their subsequent sh*t. :)

Acquaintances or co-workers? It's a different playbook. I just don't go that far into their feelings, wants and needs to help me determine what I should do or how I should do it.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mainly, it makes my decision making process more difficult as I take them into consideration. That's it. I have a crap ton more patience for loved ones and their subsequent sh*t. :)

Acquaintances or co-workers? It's a different playbook. I just don't go that far into their feelings, wants and needs to help me determine what I should do or how I should do it.

Yeah, I would agree. The majority of people don't really garner enough attention from me to really determine. Some start to and then quickly fades for one reason or another.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I would agree. The majority of people don't really garner enough attention from me to really determine. Some start to and then quickly fades for one reason or another.

Something I hadn't noticed about IxTP's until I spoke to a friend who was bitching about one...lol. There is an "unspoken expectation/reciprocity" with inferior Fe via Ti. I can see why it's difficult to understand for others and that has bitten me in the behind a time or two. Being hurt by something but not really making it known in the first place because we didn't even know it would hurt us. Then it's like, well hell. How can I blame that person for hurting me when I didn't even know it myself?? Oh well, it doesn't even matter...then you blow it off. Hard to explain.

That's what I see as far as IxTP's taking so much longer to filter their emotional responses or why it can and often comes out in all or nothing ways - because we are literally handling the emotion as something separate from ourselves (and the unspoken thing is, we sort of expect others to do the same.)

When I was younger, I would just be blindsided if I hurt someone and they told me and that wasn't my intent. We don't operate on that level and the expectation that I should know someone else on that level? Is just....good luck to that person dealing with an IxTP expecting the miracle of touchy-feely understanding. Takes a lot of experience/time to even get remotely close to that mark. If we care? We *try*. Give us our participation trophy and shut it. :D