• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are your favorite and least favorite types? Please explain.

Skippy Munchkin

MBTI Type
????
Although there can be good and bad people of all types, my favorite types in general tend to be ENxPs. I think ENxPs are awesome creators and my favorite content usually comes from them specifically, especially the cartoonist ones. Although a lot of them are great, like most other types I've meant shitty ENxPs. I know a possible ENTP who has traits too similar to ESTP along with bad Fe, and I also know an ENFP who has unhealthy Fi and is too moralistic (not in the good way) along with hypocritical. Other than that, I love ENFPs and ENTPs.
Even though I've never meant ENTJs that I know of, I adore how they're portrayed in the cartoons (Especially Angelica Pickles and Plankton with the whole evil commander thing going on) and would list them as another cool type. I like ENxPs better though.
As for my favorite MBTI type other than those, I love the healthy IxFPs. They can range anywhere from super cool, bohemian/non-conformist, individualistic, and really really nice......to whiny and morally arrogant. (but when it comes to the concept of morality, Fe users can be worse imo)

My least favorite types are probably ESTx types. I'm not saying all of them are bad because that's not true, but I had terrible experiences with ESTPs when I was in middle and high school. They were judgemental, mean, and pretty stupid. But at the same time, I like a few of the really nice ESTPs on youtube so obviously not all of them are the same.
The reason why I don't like the ESTJ type is because I don't favor judgmental, controlling, uptight, "stick-in-the-ass" people in general. I've meant or seen videos of ESTJs who think entirely in black-and-white. I even had an ESTJ teacher at one point who had a lot of those traits, but at the same time, she was surprisingly funny and forgiving. So I guess they're not all that bad. :)

Skippy Munchkin

MBTI Type
????
Sorry if I came off a little judgmental myself.
Was just trying to describe my reasons as good as possible.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I dislike the ESFP and ESTP archtype. They sound so stupid to me.

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My favorite type is INTP. Least favourite is possibly INTJ

stoic

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFP is by far my least favorite type. Despite their surface charm and playful nature; they're ignorant, foolish and dimwitted.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've gone into why many times on the forum before, but my least favorite type are INFJs. NFs in general don't score to highly with me, but INFJs are especially bad.

My favorite types are ESTPs. They're fun, mellow, ans efficient. Good people.

If we are talking in terms of compatibility and not just observational stuff, ISFPs are my least compatible and ISTJs are my most compatible.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My favorite type is INFPs who are me. My least favorite type is INFPs who are not me.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
EJs except for ESFJs, who I've never had a problem with. This doesn't apply to everyone of those types, but I've noticed that the people I clash with the most have those personality types. The ones I have issues with have no idea how to live and let live, and expect everyone to conform to their arbitrary standards over the most inconsequential matters. They assume they know the correct way to exist and refuse to accept any alternative information. The worst of them are untrustworthy folks that I would never turn my back on.

My favorites are probably INJs and ISFPs. They tend to intrigue me and make me want to get to know them better; it seems like they frequently have interesting takes on things.

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In general my least favorites are ESxJs, and my favorites are IxFPs. That being said, there are individual people of all types who I like and don't like.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I find that I'll like any type. Depends on the person and their level of health (but then again I'll even enjoy the company if some unhealthy types at times, I can see the good in them and want to help them realize that). Also depends on their willingness to be respectful to others, which is universal
In theory, I like N types the most. But for some reason, most of the people I'm closest too tend to be S types. Maybe it's because I can get a bit nervous around NT types at times. They're great, but I often feel as if I can't reach them on their level, which is silly because I know I can
I could just say that my favorite type is ENFP. But that's just my love of my type and how we see the world. I love taking to anyone with high levels of Ne.
I don't have a least favorite type. It's hard for me to actually dislike someone. And the people I dislike seem to be all over the board with type.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I hate all of them equally. Some more equally than others.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My favorite types (by seeing my little friendlist) usually is TPs. My closest friends here are ENTPs, INTPs, and ESTPs. An ESFP in in there and an ISTP. Usually I get along with INFPs. also enjoy INFJs.

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
It's a mixed bag, really. MBTI doesn't determine morality, and I tend to like highly moral selfless people as opposed to immoral selfish people. MBTI gives me access to peoples personal preferences and how to respond to them and not a good determinate of likeability. If I'm not careful, MBTI can create stereotypes that cause me to lose sight of people's value and worth and just write them off instead of being a tool that helps me appreciate them.

That being said, I, an INFJ, tend to gravitate towards the company of NT's, and if I can find them, NF's, the most, and somehow tend to antagonize SJ's and SP's, just by being alive. NT's can hold their own in dialogue, debate, and worldview with me, especially INTP's, whereas SJ's are doers and not thinkers, and in all my years with them as a group they all tend to be less insightful, more stubborn, and lack the gracious congenial conversation I seem to have with all the other types. I get into arguments easier with SJ's because I like to talk and they like to mock, and their general tendency towards loyalty over morality I really don't respect.

Some notable INFJ's I probably like more than any if I get time with them, and some notable ISTJ's I probably dislike more than any, as well as some ISTP's. I don't tend to have that much problem with ESTP's or ESTJ's as much, I find them more open. The best conversations I've had have probably been with INTP's and the most repulsive conversations would be against ISTJ's.

Ghost Light Jacob

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm definitely biased, but my favorite types have to be ENFJ, INFJ, and ENFP while my least favorite types are ESTJ, ISTJ, and ISFJ.
I like talking to intuitives because it's always a lot of fun following their train of thought and understanding the world they create in their head. I prefer introverted intuition, but that's just me cause extroverted intuition is objectively more fun. Alternatively, I dislike the types I mentioned above because people of this type tend to be inconsiderate of the people around them (no offense, there are definitely lots of exceptions, this is just a personal preference) and take advantage of the world. The world was built for ESTJs, which leaves introverts and intuitives in the dust :(

Himmel

Enneagram
9w8
I'm not keen on explaining anything, but my faves are definitely ENTPs. They're amazing, especially the Fe-ish ones that can be sociable yet sometimes withdrawn. ISFJs are so damn underrated, they're definitely the nicest people, I love 'em to death. I like IxTP as well.
My least favourite are probably xSFP and xNFJ. I storngly dislike the 'no one understands me I'm so different' syndrome.

Eftelya

I have met good and bad examples of most types. Really. People shouldn't be categorized based on their typing alone.

I am in love with NF, SF, and NJ types, though. Especially ENFJs, ISFPs (especially the females), and ENFPs. I just love them so much. Especially ENFJs! A bit too much for my liking perhaps. :blush: The ENFJ personality is just so alluring and attractive, and they usually know how to make you feel comfortable so easily. Their mindsets are beautiful as well. I really admire each one of them. :wubbie:

I don't want to say they are my least preferred, because I'm not really keen on making anyone feel bad about themselves, but I have noticed a lot of conflicts and disagreement between myself and INTJ females. They usually come off too bossy, pushy, and dominant for my liking. The ones I have met don't seem too fond of one showing too much "sensitivity", and are quick to give you a beating for it, too. You see, emotionality might be an INFP's most intense and noticeable characteristic, so tension is pre-programmed whenever I am in a room with one. I just never know how to behave without irritating them, and that, on the other hand, irritates me. They are too controlled and blunt. Not good for my dreamy and idealistic self. Though I really appreciate an INTJ's honesty and strong mind. That's actually really fascinating. They can tell you exactly what you don't want to hear, and I respect the bravery and confidence you need in order to be able to do that. I have also noticed that INTJ males are different than their female counterparts. I think certain types just go better with a certain gender. ESTPs aren't really my cup of tea either. I like ISTP guys though.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure if I have any favourites. I find myself interested in what INTP-ESFJ duality really looks like, though.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I like Feelers and am not fond of ESTJ.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have also noticed that INTJ males are different than their female counterparts. I think certain types just go better with a certain gender.
Could you elaborate upon this? In general I have found type to override gender, especially for NT/NF types, but that is just my own experience. I wonder if that sense of "going better" comes simply from the the mismatch between traditional gender expectations and common type characteristics, specifically for NTJ or more broadly T women, and NFJ or more broadly F men.