Thread: Lenore Thomson

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default Lenore Thomson

This is for those of you who are Lenor Thomson fanatics because you don't like the MBTI dichotomies -

The test in her book Personality Type is a *dichotomies test.*

I've known this for a long time, but decided it was time to throw a post about it.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”
    Likes Zeego, highlander liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

What I find funny are when people act like the tandem functions are superior to dichotomies, when for example Fi/Te vs. Ti/Fe is still a dichotomy.
    We will meet again in Etruria.

INTP
    INFp/IEI
    5w4 - 9w1 - 4w5 sp/sx
    MelPhleg

Johari | Nohari

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Those are the same people who think that everyone who disagrees with them is a Nazi.

Here's a bit of poor prose quoted from Thomson's "Personality Types":
    "What Sharlene actually needed was to sink her conscious fork into the second layer of her type lasagna and engage her secondary function, Introverted Intuition. She needed to wrestle with the group decision in terms of her own experience, observations, and impressions (Introversion). And she needed to recognize the potential of the group to envision new possibilities, given the opportunity (Intuition)."

So where are the functions? Introversion and Intuition are not functions.
    Likes Zeego liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Zeego View Post
    What I find funny are when people act like the tandem functions are superior to dichotomies, when for example Fi/Te vs. Ti/Fe is still a dichotomy.
    I use the term "preferences", since they exist on a continuum and aren't actually dichotomous... with stronger preferences leading to larger correlations, and weaker preferences leading to weaker correlations (just as one would expect).

And, has been pointed out before, there's no empirical evidence putting people who prefer T+P and people who prefer F + J into the same category. If you know of evidence to that effect, that'd be news to me! Generally where are correlation with preferences they occur as one would expect (where if people who prefer T+P are mostly likely to correlate with something, then people who prefer F+J are the least likely to fall into the same category... because logic).

If the who tandem thing were true in any measurable sense, we'd expect to see large TP correlation, then a smaller FJ correlation "echo", with other T/F and J/P combinations having still smaller correlations. I've never seen evidence to that effect beyond anecdotal self reporting.
    Likes /DG/, Zeego liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    This is for those of you who are Lenor Thomson fanatics because you don't like the MBTI dichotomies -

The test in her book Personality Type is a *dichotomies test.*

I've known this for a long time, but decided it was time to throw a post about it.
    I have come to the conclusion that dichotomies tests work better. I'm planning on changing the logic of the test I created here to that when I have time.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Seymour liked this post

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that dichotomies tests work better. I'm planning on changing the logic of the test I created here to that when I have time.
    I like the idea of testing for a type rather than testing for letters or functions. The MBTI/function tests build a type from a group of four categories or a pair of functions. All other tests test for a type.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Lenore has always used both dichotomies and functions, so I don't know who has ever favored her for not liking dichotomies.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas