• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ADVICE: Type and Communication Styles

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Shoot for half ass results..lol. intjs are into mental masturbation. Tickle their concept side...tickle...to hard and its like smashing their little peter in the door. Eyes cross and they cant see straight. Fondle, not man handle.

It's an ENFJ pushing for it. The IXTJs I seem to talk are the most skeptical of them all. Lol

Yeah, I am just not going to take myself too seriously anymore and write it. At the very least, I will improve upon my written experience.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's an ENFJ pushing for it. The IXTJs I seem to talk are the most skeptical of them all. Lol

Yeah, I am just not going to take myself too seriously anymore and write it. At the very least, I will improve upon my written experience.

I would be interested in reading it if you wouldnt mind sharing it.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
So this is for work? Are you addressing people as a supervisor/manager?

People are usually at least a bit different when in work mode and some are practically a separate person until they're off the clock. I'd personally treat everyone fairly and professionally when communicating with them in an official capacity and adjust accordingly when dealing with individuals in a one on one face to face situation. Trying to adjust styles to individuals may work well with small groups but may prove too difficult with numerous coworkers.

I've mentioned this to a few people, but this is DEFINITELY true of me. At work I tend to turn into a faux ESTJ. Heck, I even catch myself making Te judgements rather than Fi judgments and this is towards people too! Give me an hour to "cool off" at home and back to my normal self :D

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
It's an ENFJ pushing for it. The IXTJs I seem to talk are the most skeptical of them all. Lol Yeah, I am just not going to take myself too seriously anymore and write it. At the very least, I will improve upon my written experience.

I actually think such exercise may also be a good way to explore yourself further. Not only of where you currently stand in your perceptions of the types, but then looking at those results and ask why you think these things of the types and what it does for YOU, to have such knowledge and understanding. While people are certainly not types, but rather types help to explain some of the inner workings of people's thought processes, it does help to frame people in an alternative way, and by seeing things through this lens, perhaps you will discover something new about yourself :)

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'll just throw in some words about communicating with this ENFP, and I don't know what you currently think the communication approach towards ENFPs would be, but if you are trying to communicate with me at work, talk to me with Te, for sure. Any time I am hoping to get something done and to the best of my ability, communicating with me in any way other than direct feedback on what needs to get accomplished, what are the goals, what is the vision, who is involved what are they good at, etc. I need to know the pieces and how they are situated within my network so that I can best orchestrate my project to the end. Any language or communication residing in more Feeling territory will only be seen as a waste of my time (at work). As I've mentioned to [MENTION=33707]Population: 1[/MENTION], I get into this weird ESTJ sort of mode while at work, so I receive Te best.

I don't know how the other ENFPs would respond, but that's how to communicate best with me :newwink:

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually think such exercise may also be a good way to explore yourself further. Not only of where you currently stand in your perceptions of the types, but then looking at those results and ask why you think these things of the types and what it does for YOU, to have such knowledge and understanding. While people are certainly not types, but rather types help to explain some of the inner workings of people's thought processes, it does help to frame people in an alternative way, and by seeing things through this lens, perhaps you will discover something new about yourself :)

I'll just throw in some words about communicating with this ENFP, and I don't know what you currently think the communication approach towards ENFPs would be, but if you are trying to communicate with me at work, talk to me with Te, for sure. Any time I am hoping to get something done and to the best of my ability, communicating with me in any way other than direct feedback on what needs to get accomplished, what are the goals, what is the vision, who is involved what are they good at, etc. I need to know the pieces and how they are situated within my network so that I can best orchestrate my project to the end. Any language or communication residing in more Feeling territory will only be seen as a waste of my time (at work). As I've mentioned to [MENTION=33707]Population: 1[/MENTION], I get into this weird ESTJ sort of mode while at work, so I receive Te best.

I don't know how the other ENFPs would respond, but that's how to communicate best with me :newwink:

Thank you so much, part of me is wondering if I was stalling because the level of introspection is just downright uncomfortable.

Also, the way I perceive ENFPs is that you need to present ideas in such a way that they can do further exploration and allow them enough space to draw personal relevance and conclusions for themselves whereas an ENFJ might prefer clear-cut relevance and meaning to aid the overall vision. Challenge the ENFP to structure their ideas into manageable, practical ways to help them reach personally relevant goals. Challenge the ENFJ to broaden the scope of a vision and create boundaries to know when to incorporate others.

Those are the general types of mental guidelines I use when framing content.

I've mentioned this to a few people, but this is DEFINITELY true of me. At work I tend to turn into a faux ESTJ. Heck, I even catch myself making Te judgements rather than Fi judgments and this is towards people too! Give me an hour to "cool off" at home and back to my normal self :D

Yeah I had a boss that was an absolute dick when at work and was the nicest guy (laid back and funny) otherwise. It was like someone else moved in during business hours. It was a bit creepy to be honest. Me, I'm pretty much the same during and after. Just don't approach me in the morning unless I've had at least half a cauldrons (yes cauldron) worth of coffee!

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Thank you so much, part of me is wondering if I was stalling because the level of introspection is just downright uncomfortable.

Also, the way I perceive ENFPs is that you need to present ideas in such a way that they can do further exploration and allow them enough space to draw personal relevance and conclusions for themselves whereas an ENFJ might prefer clear-cut relevance and meaning to aid the overall vision. Challenge the ENFP to structure their ideas into manageable, practical ways to help them reach personally relevant goals. Challenge the ENFJ to broaden the scope of a vision and create boundaries to know when to incorporate others.

Those are the general types of mental guidelines I use when framing content.

I'd agree to these guidelines for the two types. I do get plenty of flexibility at work to organize and structure my process as I wish as well as supported in my unique career goals within the company, I'm not given much creative freedom at this point in my career as far as design goes. At least though, having that freedom to manage the way I do things and achieve my goals is a fantastic outlet. Also, while I would definitely prefer to be given the space to explore ideas further, we just don't have that sort of time to do so as each project is on a strict budget/time line. But the approach you've outlined is what I would think, to be the best environment for an ENFP. :D

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You should weave mbti into each individual.