• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ni] Forward Introverted Intuition/Backward Extroverted Sensing

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You introverted intuition types are very intelligent. But your intuition fails when it comes to observing the world around you. I see that you do focus intensely and deeply on the real world, but then fail to see the police car coming toward you when you roll through the stop sign. Traffic circles and roundabouts are becoming more common around here, but you still fail to grasp that you don't have to stop at one unless a vehicle is in the way because it is a four-way yield. At the very worst, when extroverted sensing is completely backward, you always wait for someone to honk to let you know when the light has turned green. And when you go to change lanes you know the other lane is clear only because nobody honked their horn out of fear or anger.

Your world is one of intense inner feelings or intellectual abstractions, philosophies, religions, and romantic notions about the world that don't equate with reality. That reality is a source of frustration because it doesn't always coincide with your ideas and feelings about it. If an INTJ, you are pragmatic because you have learned to "cooperate" with the world around you. If an INFJ, you are likely frustrated by reality's inability to match your ideals and feelings. At its worst, INFJ may become sensually indulgent as well as morbidly dependent upon others. Indulgence, via extroverted sensing, is your way of feeding the inner ache that never ceases even after you have given up hope.

If introverted intuition finds an external purpose and you commit yourself to that purpose, then your life will be successful. The INFJ in particular must overcome that delicate sensitivity which is an extroverted sensation trait afflicting your psyche with unfulfilled need. If you turn inward toward dreams as an escape, the unfulfilled need eventually turns them into nightmares because dreams don't offer an escape. If you turn outward toward sensuality, then you become hopelessly complacent, expressing loudly your devotion to unrealistic ideals that can never come to fruition. If your mind turns toward the supernatural, then the friendliest of ghosts eventually turn into soul-tormenting demons.

The INTJ suffers from being side-tracked by external circumstances. Unless you have developed a more pragmatic attitude, you will always become frustrated with the way reality fails to conform with your precise schedule. Even if you blame yourself, you do so very strictly and in a very black-and-white sense. This dark attitude you have toward yourself leads to impatience with others also, and you begin to damage your relationships. You may end them suddenly, and never look back, believing that maintaining the principle is more important than maintaining the reality. If you can thoroughly wall yourself off from reality's exigent needs, then you become powerful on the inside, but as a result people see you as cold-hearted and soulless. Even those who try to give you a second chance give up in disgust. Nothing can reach you unless it is a life-or-death matter, or some other question of principle, and nothing else matters. But there will be an ever-present internal itch that leads you to seek occasional intense challenges such as perhaps extreme mountain climbing as only one of many possibilities.

Metis

Wait, on an unrelated note, I was looking for a good ROFL-themed smiley AKA emoji as you kids call it AKA emoticon as we used to call it back in the old days, to post in response to Paragraph 1 of the OP, which I found hilarious, and while I was browsing the emoticon library for the desired ROFL imagery, I noticed something very odd...

WHY are there THREE different My Little Pony heads???

To wit: Dash :mlpdash: Luna :mlpluna: AND Sparkle :mlpsparkle: ?!

Strange...

And now, back to our program:

You introverted intuition types are very intelligent. But your intuition fails when it comes to observing the world around you. I see that you do focus intensely and deeply on the real world, but then fail to see the police car coming toward you when you roll through the stop sign. Traffic circles and roundabouts are becoming more common around here, but you still fail to grasp that you don't have to stop at one unless a vehicle is in the way because it is a four-way yield. At the very worst, when extroverted sensing is completely backward, you always wait for someone to honk to let you know when the light has turned green. And when you go to change lanes you know the other lane is clear only because nobody honked their horn out of fear or anger.

:rotfl:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wait, on an unrelated note, I was looking for a good ROFL-themed smiley AKA emoji as you kids call it AKA emoticon as we used to call it back in the old days, to post in response to Paragraph 1 of the OP, which I found hilarious, and while I was browsing the emoticon library for the desired ROFL imagery, I noticed something very odd...

WHY are there THREE different My Little Pony heads???

To wit: Dash :mlpdash: Luna :mlpluna: AND Sparkle :mlpsparkle: ?!

Strange...

And now, back to our program:

:rotfl:

Ok. Well, come back when you have 100 posts here.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Your world is one of intense inner feelings or intellectual abstractions, philosophies, religions, and romantic notions about the world that don't equate with reality. That reality is a source of frustration because it doesn't always coincide with your ideas and feelings about it. If an INTJ, you are pragmatic because you have learned to "cooperate" with the world around you. If an INFJ, you are likely frustrated by reality's inability to match your ideals and feelings. At its worst, INFJ may become sensually indulgent as well as morbidly dependent upon others. Indulgence, via extroverted sensing, is your way of feeding the inner ache that never ceases even after you have given up hope.

If introverted intuition finds an external purpose and you commit yourself to that purpose, then your life will be successful. The INFJ in particular must overcome that delicate sensitivity which is an extroverted sensation trait afflicting your psyche with unfulfilled need. If you turn inward toward dreams as an escape, the unfulfilled need eventually turns them into nightmares because dreams don't offer an escape. If you turn outward toward sensuality, then you become hopelessly complacent, expressing loudly your devotion to unrealistic ideals that can never come to fruition. If your mind turns toward the supernatural, then the friendliest of ghosts eventually turn into soul-tormenting demons.

The INTJ suffers from being side-tracked by external circumstances. Unless you have developed a more pragmatic attitude, you will always become frustrated with the way reality fails to conform with your precise schedule. Even if you blame yourself, you do so very strictly and in a very black-and-white sense. This dark attitude you have toward yourself leads to impatience with others also, and you begin to damage your relationships. You may end them suddenly, and never look back, believing that maintaining the principle is more important than maintaining the reality. If you can thoroughly wall yourself off from reality's exigent needs, then you become powerful on the inside, but as a result people see you as cold-hearted and soulless. Even those who try to give you a second chance give up in disgust. Nothing can reach you unless it is a life-or-death matter, or some other question of principle, and nothing else matters. But there will be an ever-present internal itch that leads you to seek occasional intense challenges such as perhaps extreme mountain climbing as only one of many possibilities.

Seems accurate to me.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you run stoplights, too?

Depends, I try not to, average that to maybe once every three months. I also try never to cross a solid line. which infuriates me when others do.

[MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION], doesn't the OP's post sound familiar to you too?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of course some ****** will conclude that I am speaking for all Ni types. But it depends on how backward Se has become.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Depends, I try not to, average that to maybe once every three months. I also try never to cross a solid line. which infuriates me when others do.

[MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION], doesn't the OP's post sound familiar to you too?

I'm quite absentminded, yes, but that gets ascribed equally to INxPs.
The rest I don't relate to unless I am an INFJ who found a purpose in life... I am not overly indulgent nor dependent.
This might be true: "world is one of intense inner feelings or intellectual abstractions, philosophies, religions, and romantic notions", but find me one INFP who doesn't relate to that.

As for this "you are likely frustrated by reality's inability to match your ideals and feelings", I could see that for my INFJ ex. Me? I don't need the world to match my ideals and feelings...I want my situation to align with them. I don't have the hubris of the Ni-dom to think my ideals should shape reality for others. I like to see others match their situation to their own ideals and feelings; that's more NFP: help/inspire people to cultivate personal potential, help them uncover their own values, etc. I have little interest in conforming everything to my vision.

Congrats on being a Ni-dom who cops to this though. Seems accurate in my experience.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'm absent-minded because I am busy conjuring up ideas, images, and free-associations. At the same time I am focused on where I am driving and on the world around me. If I see a dangerous situation I bring my full attention to it. I stop thinking about the other stuff completely.

It comes down to a difference in perspectives. My perspective is that cars and trucks are big, clunky, and dangerous. Also, I care about preserving my existence (Sx/Sp). But I have to operate these devices in order to live. So I drive with an attitude of watchful expectation while also remaining inside my pleasant internal fantasy world of typology and the like, pretty much the stuff I post here, typology, movies I've watched, etc. Driving is too dangerous a place to be absent-minded. Cutting people off, running red lights constantly, not noticing the stop signs - all this is beyond me. But I've also seen it to an extent with the Si-dominants. So I'm not picking on any particular type. Se-dominants busily texting while driving piss me off.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The rest I don't relate to unless I am an INFJ who found a purpose in life... I am not overly indulgent nor dependent.
This might be true: "world is one of intense inner feelings or intellectual abstractions, philosophies, religions, and romantic notions", but find me one INFP who doesn't relate to that.

As for this "you are likely frustrated by reality's inability to match your ideals and feelings", I could see that for my INFJ ex. Me? I don't need the world to match my ideals and feelings...I want my situation to align with them. I don't have the hubris of the Ni-dom to think my ideals should shape reality for others. I like to see others match their situation to their own ideals and feelings; that's more NFP: help/inspire people to cultivate personal potential, help them uncover their own values, etc. I have little interest in conforming everything to my vision.

Congrats on being a Ni-dom who cops to this though. Seems accurate in my experience.

So why aren't we married yet?

Jaguar

I care about preserving my existence (Sx/Sp)

Who are you kidding - you overdosed on zinc and posted about it in the forum. You are perfectly capable of harming yourself without any help from someone on the road.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's an interesting read, but I didn't find it funny I guess. Maybe it's because I've been exposed to reading so much about Ni dominants.

But yeah an Ni dom is more healthy the more he or she considers external feedback for the good of their development. To value things that happen outside them. To value the meaningless. Not everything has meaning but the mature Ni dom properly discerns what is worth pursuing for deeper meaning and can appreciate things without. Thus, a more capable extroverted sensing allowing themselves to conform with the physical realities of this world.

I do have to mention your title was kind of clickbait though.

In short to any Ni dom: the more you accept reality, the more accurate your Ni will be.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think I even count them.

Average about 4 a day I think.

He must be a dom Ni :laugh:

:Sorry: my S type got gagged and bound somehow to see the pattern between his response and the original post. Granted S broke free and i am not gonna run any further then shallow corrolation. Dom Ti loves to see them battle it out and deem a winner. :coffee:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Who are you kidding - you overdosed on zinc and posted about it in the forum. You are perfectly capable of harming yourself without any help from someone on the road.

Off-topic and out of context.

I took zinc in order to boost my immune system. If I overdosed it was because 40 mg is the RDA, and the pills were 50 mg. It took 6 months for the 50 mg tabs to overdose me. Also, I have fibromyalgia which causes chemical sensitivity.

Jaguar

Off-topic and out of context.

I took zinc in order to boost my immune system. If I overdosed it was because 40 mg is the RDA, and the pills were 50 mg. It took 6 months for the 50 mg tabs to overdose me. Also, I have fibromyalgia which causes chemical sensitivity.

The current recommended dietary allowance for zinc taken by mouth is: 11 milligrams for males 19 years old and older; 8 milligrams for females 19 years and older.

Zinc Dosing - Mayo Clinic