• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Your Experience of Inferior Functions

Lead Guitar Wankery

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Have you had unpleasant experiences of your least preferred functions intruding upon your consciousness? Do you or did you find that you identified with the opposite of your inferior function more than with your inferior function? For example, I relate to Fi much more than to Fe, which contributed to confusion about my type.

Last edited:

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My inferior function is weak to the point that I only know is there but I don't know exactly how it works on me and, yes, I relate to Si more than Se.

If you are an introvert, it is no surprise if you relate more with all the introvert functions. For example, if you were an INTJ (having a Te-aux) you could find yourself relating more to Ti than to Te because of the introverted x extroverted nature of the functions, but it is only a false perception. What is important is for you to realize what function you really use more when it comes to interact with the external and internal worlds.

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes. I relate to Fe a lot more than Fi. Loud Fe ish settings aren't my thing, but I can totally fake it and get by and it doesn't really tire me out. As for Fi, if I let myself, I end up questioning every decision I've made wondering if it is the right choice I've made. There's a part of me that tells me that my way of doing things is wrong - I often do things because I find it easier to do them/because I'm good at doing them, rather than them being the right thing to do. So it causes conflict inside me sometimes. I don't find that kind of pressure from doing something out of Fe reasons.

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
The inferior function is one of the things that cause me to doubt my type. I don't relate to inferior Te at all.

adventureawaits

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can see a few small ways I access Si (my inferior). At least I think these are Si things.

When I am stressed, I seek out activities that are solitary and kinda activate my senses to put me in tune with my body to make me feel better, like yoga & meditation. I also overly focus on small details about my body - might obsess about my weight, become a ridiculous hypochondriac, not eat much because I'm stressed but like not be conscious that I'm even doing it.

Also when I am stressed, I can get REALLY stuck on some small detail that happened in the past and apply it to the future. I just can't get past it. Like an overall negative roadblock keeps all of my Ne generated ideas completely stuck and I'll get argumentative & focus completely on that one small detail. This can lead to kind of an obsessive loop of Ne generating a million negative scenarios and then Si applying that one stupid detail based on something that happened in the past to EVERY scenario. Oftentimes it's the wrong detail to even focus on! I can also get really stuck in my memories when I'm under a lot of stress - if it's really bad, I am unable to move forward because I'm so nostalgic about the memory.

When I'm not stressed, I can see Si through my interests. I enjoy history, mainly as it pertains to objects like antiques, architecture, maps, and historical places. I sometimes collect things, but never actually stick to collecting them.

I also apply a "mood" to situations and actively try to cultivate that mood in my surroundings - with smells, lighting, small sensory details (though I sometimes start these sorts of projects and never actually complete them or I miss so many other details to make the surroundings "complete"). I do this when listening to music and taking pictures too. I can also get very nostalgic about certain music because I apply it to past experiences or periods of my life. Unsure if that is Fi or Si or both working together.

I actually don't really relate to Se (the opposite of my inferior) all that much. Even when I do physical activity, I do it less for the enjoyment and more because the serotonin boast helps my mood (I actually run regularly just to keep my anxiety/depression issues at bay) or because it puts me more in tune with my body and I'm trying to cultivate a sense of being or trying to heal internally. I have zero interest in activities that present any sort of physical risk. When I travel, which I do often and can be rather nomadic, it's not about the sensory experience. It's a total Ne approach vs a Se approach to exploring.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I relate to Si in terms of it accomplishing as a Pi function, but the type of attention to inner sensation ? Hell to the no.

Krys

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I relate to my inferior function more than its opposite Ti, but yeah, inferior Te is a pain in the ass. It's trying to control an entire project; feeling frustrated by my own lack of organization (and needing to be organized anyway); accidentally being super blunt with someone in the wrong moment; having no ability to plan; being frustrated with other people's lack of planning??? when I didn't either?? what?

Yeah I hate it. It's like the monster under my bed that I try to satiate by organizing my comic book collection.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My Si is that little thing going "oh hey I know you like ideas and seeking but remember the LAST TIME...?"
other functions: Si plz shut up
Si: no I talk louder haha.

miseryyyy

IndigoViolet11

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Inferior Se:
My heart burns every time I access it. The feeling of inadequate, the feeling of being *exposed* with hard facts. The feeling of the logical Ti that goes along with it. I cannot exactly say that Se is die hard negative, but in its negative side, it is as if all of a sudden, when things get out of control, this is exactly where at this point, that it explode, in the rawest way possible. I try often to be cool and calm, but if something violates my principle, which I did try to give people as many freedom as I can, I will always come in, if they do not stop, to defend mine.

Not everybody can accept the inferior Se. I often see people that I do not exactly know their mbti, but with the same inferior as myself, behaving in a predictable way of overly unacceptable of having facts presenting to them, or they prefer their own flawed believe rather than taking raw facts in face value. Once it reach to a point they have to admit it, they either break down, or being very afraid. I admit too, that I, despite having many times, taking such fact on my face before, still find this difficult.

The positive side brings exactly what it will bring to others, as in to people like me. Facts being digested is a very important component for the further development in a world that is totally not tailored for the Ni-Fe combo. Without Ti and Se, I cannot live, communicate, nor work. However, not only I feel *very* exhausted every single time I have to come across it, I feel, frequently, like an idiot, where people around me can digest data better than I do, but me needing to do much more evaluation just to understand what is being presented to me. For any technical thing I am right now learning, I feel exposed, frequently, both in heart and spirit. If it was not for some real life incidents that I have to intentionally avoid something that I knew the consequence even before doing it, I would have choose a slightly less taxing task for myself.

Metis

I have a lot of inferior functions, like Attack Heart and Panda Rage, shown here:

:pandarage:

Inf.Func.#1: Fe
Supposedly, this is my inferior function as an INTP. I agree that I'm no charmer. I can put on a welcoming Fe attitude if I'm playing host for some reason, but I am not a candidate for a job that heavily relies on "emotional labor". Fuck no.

Sorry. I mean, "Fuck no, ma'am."

Inf.Func.#2: Se
If I were an INFJ, which I am no longer entertaining as a likelihood, this would be my inferior function, supposedly. I can attest that my powers of observation are pretty elementary. At least, I've known people to notice a lot more about the physical world than I do.

Inf.Func.#3: Fi
I'm good at feeling particular emotions, but I do have my go-tos. I didn't have an answer for "How are you feeling right now?" when I was younger, though. I'd just say, "I don't know." I'd say I'm still pretty inferior with using this function, since I don't have a nuanced utilization of it.

Inf.Func.#4: Te
This function is a tricky one. I've become AMAZING at executing plans of action, fulfilling objectives, and running errands--some of the time. Mostly, though, I go into some pseudo-Te mode that is perhaps more of an Si-wanting-to-do-Te mode, make well-thought-out plans, schedule things, and then change my mind unless I already told someone I'd show up or do a specific thing. :(

MY SUPERIOR FUNCTIONS
But now let's get to the point.

:worthy:

I'm pretty good at Ti, Ni, Ne, and Si. So that makes me a TINNSuffoluffogous. Yay.