• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] 458 correlation with MBTI

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Which MBTI type most often correlates with the 458 tritype?

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
well 4 usually correlates to INFJ/INFP
5 is usually INTP, INTJ, ISTP, male INFJs.
8's are usually ENTJ, ESTJ.

4 and 5 tend to be introverted so considering this has both, I is probably prominent.
8's tend to be Judgers or thinkers.
5's tend to be thinkers and intuitives
8's tend to be extraverted.

So I will try and assume here IxTx
Since only one leans toward the last letter...
IxTJ maybe. Could be terribly wrong. Take this with a grain of salt.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you talking about the 458 tritype exclusively or the 458 archetype (458, 485, 548, 584, 845, 854)?

If only the 458 tritype, I think it is deeply related with INFP and INFJ as those two are the predominant types for 4. However, 458 is much more logical (hence "The Scholar") which I think could be the case of some INTPs and INTJs. I also see this tritype as a heavy-N and fairly introverted in nature. Still, it would make more sense if T types related to 584 and 548.

As for the archetype as a whole, again INFP and INFJs for 4s.
5s for INTP and INTJs.
8s for ENTPs and INTJs as well.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
c3ff4274f67e9cd8932a198e7752ce5d.jpg

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you talking about the 458 tritype exclusively or the 458 archetype (458, 485, 548, 584, 845, 854)?

If only the 458 tritype, I think it is deeply related with INFP and INFJ as those two are the predominant types for 4. However, 458 is much more logical (hence "The Scholar") which I think could be the case of some INTPs and INTJs. I also see this tritype as a heavy-N and fairly introverted in nature. Still, it would make more sense if T types related to 584 and 548.

As for the archetype as a whole, again INFP and INFJs for 4s.
5s for INTP and INTJs.
8s for ENTPs and INTJs as well.

Thank you for pointing out at the beginning that I falsely assumed that the nature of my question would be understood. I did mean 458 itself and not in the archetypal sense. Based on your response and others I am leaning toward INFJ, but as a type with some internalized negative type 8 characteristics (dark, brooding, and destructive thoughts).

It would be nice to hear from some 458 forum members who know what their MBTI type is.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you for pointing out at the beginning that I falsely assumed that the nature of my question would be understood. I did mean 458 itself and not in the archetypal sense. Based on your response and others I am leaning toward INFJ, but as a type with some internalized negative type 8 characteristics (dark, brooding, and destructive thoughts).

It would be nice to hear from some 458 forum members who know what their MBTI type is.

I'm still studying to find whether I'm a 458 or 468. I've spent the last few weeks trying to come to a conclusion but it's been hard since both of them seem to really fit with me. So maybe I could be of some help. I'm an INFJ.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've read that the 458 tritype is associated heavily with Ne (although in theory it could belong to any mbti type).

Personally I feel it would be a great fit for an ENFP leaning towards ambiversion. It has the aggressiveness and directness associated with Ne and Te and the emotional expressiveness and introspective of Fi. If it leads with 8, perhaps xNTJ could be an option, and if 584 specifically perhaps ENTP or INTJ. I'd say not INTP or INFP, both types have Si too high in stacking for this one.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've read that the 458 tritype is associated heavily with Ne (although in theory it could belong to any mbti type).

Personally I feel it would be a great fit for an ENFP leaning towards ambiversion. It has the aggressiveness and directness associated with Ne and Te and the emotional expressiveness and introspective of Fi. If it leads with 8, perhaps xNTJ could be an option, and if 584 specifically perhaps ENTP or INTJ. I'd say not INTP or INFP, both types have Si too high in stacking for this one.

Where did you read about this?

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would like to know the source of this as well. Never read anything about 458 being Ne-heavy.

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

In general I don't like using the tertiary as an explanation, but I agree that 458 would be more common in extroverts than introverts. ENFP was actually my first though upon seeing the tritype.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Unfortunately I do not have the source, I read this a couple of months ago.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From my observations, INFP and INFJ. It also seems like sx-dom and sp/sx are the more common stackings for this tritype.

It's interesting to me that some associate this tritype with extroversion, because 4 and 5 both lean heavily towards introversion and 8s can go either way on the E/I continuum (often depending on the wing, and I'm thinking most 458's have the more introverted 8w9 as their gut fix). I guess I could easily see a 4w3-5-8w7 sx/so or something being ENFP, but I think most people with this tritype are likely introverted.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
From my observations, INFP and INFJ. It also seems like sx-dom and sp/sx are the more common stackings for this tritype.

It's interesting to me that some associate this tritype with extroversion, because 4 and 5 both lean heavily towards introversion and 8s can go either way on the E/I continuum (often depending on the wing, and I'm thinking most 458's have the more introverted 8w9 as their gut fix). I guess I could easily see a 4w3-5-8w7 sx/so or something being ENFP, but I think most people with this tritype are likely introverted.
I find it very strange that you would associate a type 8 with INFP and INFJ given that they are feeler type. I would had assocaite type 8 with a thinking type. INFP and INFJ are usually thought of type 9 that are "passive" and "neutral"

Type 8 would be a thinking type
Type 5 would be an introvert type.
Type 4 would be introverted.

The first type that matches those traits would be INTP.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find it very strange that you would associate a type 8 with INFP and INFJ given that they are feeler type. I would had assocaite type 8 with a thinking type. INFP and INFJ are usually thought of type 9 that are "passive" and "neutral"

Type 8 would be a thinking type
Type 5 would be an introvert type.
Type 4 would be introverted.

The first type that matches those traits would be INTP.

IMHO the most important type to consider by far in a tritype is the core type, because it's more dominant in the overall personality than the other two fixes. Most core 8s are Thinking types, but the core type in this tritype is e4, which is heavily correlated with Feeling, especially INFx. e5 correlates somewhat with Thinking and heavily with intuition, so overall to me it seems like a 4-5-8 would most likely be an INFx who is strongly N and borderline on F/T. I could also see a 4-5-8 being an INTJ with heavy tertiary Fi. I guess INtP could work too, but I think that is less likely than INTJ because Feeling is an INTP's inferior function and from what I've seen INTJ e4s, though rare, are more common than e4 INTPs.

Just my 2 cents -- this is just based on a mix of speculation and limited observations.