• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] Which Type Is Hardest to get along with?

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESFJ, just from the small sample size I personally know.

Novella

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4W5
I/E stjs. Sorry, only know 1 of each but my experience with either has been less than palatable. The Estj male is very arrogant and gossipy in a mean spirited and judgemental way even behind his mates backs. Noone is an exception. Not even his teenage children. Very scathing.
The ISTJ female is also very judgemental, she does not take criticism well even when delivered tactfully and holds grudges for months. Not as gossipy but quite blunt and not a care of how insulting she can be when delivering a critique. Highly intelligent but very condescending and quite impatient
I realise it's far too shallow a pool from which to develop an avoidance to the stp at all costs so I am open to meeting many more to broaden my horizons :)
Footnote - not impressed by how Nfps are viewed by many Entjs. We are not your minions - try again! ;)

sobers0910

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
INFJ here. I really only know MBTI.
I get along with most people, but it tends to be on a superficial level for me. Not to be cliche but I'm so misunderstood I've learned to keep myself to myself.
After saying that, friends I've had and family that have ticked me off the most (I've had plenty of examples of each type to know this for myself) are enfp's, esfj's, esfp's, immature isfps, estjs, and enfjs.
I know I'm not the best either, but these ones just... They treat me like I'm inferior to them consistently, drain me of my energy, say and do things purposefully to hurt me, and a few that have been very important in my childhood tore me down. (Almost all of these people have had the door slam but only after years of trying.)
I don't avoid new ones I meet. I still try to be optimistic about it, but I do already know what's going to happen.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Awwww, you don't get along with INFJs usually?!

Actually- ever since joining the forum- its about half and half.

You are in the good half.

Its an improvement- IRL... no. At least before joining the forum and understanding/learning the whys behind ways they sometimes go about things. Understanding them more.

But. My younger experiences with INFJs- no. Ni makes them think- they KNOW things- but because Ni is hard to put into words/explain- they get frustrated sometimes at not being understood so they lash out with Fe- which to me can seem like moving away from the topic (because they cant support whatver arguement they are trying to make in a legitimate manner) and instead using cheap tactics to undermine the person MAKING the arguement instead of the argument.

But this is generally the younger ones. And tbh. Not to like spew too much hate at a type- but the really vindictive ones- the ones that make things more 'personal' but pretend they dont know what you are talking about when you call them out on it because what they did is so borderline that they can act like 'oh you just misunderstood and are being overreactice and are actually attacking THEM by being such a brute as to call them out on it'- are generally 6s.

But even some of them I like on here. But its the- when I DONT like them- one of the most frustrating types for me. Because they will NEVER EVER give an inch- and will go out of their way to take yours. At least in my opinion.

Less issue with 1s and 9s as infjs. 4s. Generally.

But yeah. Tbh. Yeah. I dont always like infjs.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fi-dom 4s. I lack the patience, they lack the external awareness.

Lead Guitar Wankery

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It boggles my mind that people actually know so many people of so many different types that they can actually answer the OPs question. Are these people you all have trouble with online or in fleshspace?

The best I can do is say that the people I've butted heads with seemed to be Feelers or at least were making Feeling counterarguments to my Thinking arguments...which of course created impasses in the discussion.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTJs. They think they are in charge but I actually am.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Poorly developed S types. Especially ESTPs and ESTJs. Those types are wonderful like any when at least moderately healthy. Poorly developed, they tend to be... I can't quite describe it.
Of course, type's not the biggest factor. I've met people of the same type who can't stand each other. For example, my one ESFJ friend seems to get really annoyed quickly with other EXFJs because of sharing dominant Fe. Then again, she isn't very patient at times with anyone who isn't a small child of elderly. Another good friend of ours got on her nerves once, and I just don't see how that's even possible.
It all depends on experience too. And the person. I'be met ESFJs who were super easy to get along with and ones who definitely were not. Same with ENTPs. And ENTJs. And probably with any type.
Bottom line for me is that the hardest people for me to get along with are those who disregard people and show them no respect. That could be any type really.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It boggles my mind that people actually know so many people of so many different types that they can actually answer the OPs question. Are these people you all have trouble with online or in fleshspace? The best I can do is say that the people I've butted heads with seemed to be Feelers or at least were making Feeling counterarguments to my Thinking arguments...which of course created impasses in the discussion.
It's mostly generalizations. When anyone talks about a type as a whole group it's a generalization. I can say "INFPs are super wonderful and I want to protect them." Saying that, I'm referring to a handful of INFPs I know. I could really not get along with some INFPs even though my experience with that type has been extremely positive.
That's why I think it's pointless to get angry when people say negative things about a type as a whole. Someone saying they don't like a certain type, for instance, really only reflects their interactions with very few individuals.
Some cognitive functions tend to, for whatever reason, grate on each other in my experience.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Metis

That's interesting about the SJ thing. Very well said. I love SJs but I've worked in an office setting and it was actually HARD because all of them had a thousand rules that MUST be followed. I thought I liked rules until then. Outside of work, I really love them though and get along well.

She's actually conversing!

Oh, that was three months ago. Lmao

:thumbup:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTJ and ENTJ 8s occasionally cause me a problem. Try putting two counterphobic 6s together as well :). In a way it's like kindred spirits but well...

Lucy_Ricardo

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm an INFP, and my best friend is an INTJ, and we get along famously. But she's a healthy INTJ--an unhealthy one can be toxic, and I find them nearly impossible to be around.

Unhealthy INTJs have a way of presenting themselves deliberately to make you feel like a moron--their tone, their attitude, their air of intellectual superiority, even if it's unwarranted. Only a fool thinks they know everything.

Additionally, some of them can be manipulative.They think you're too dumb or blind to see through it, but in reality, it's easy to spot--manipulators are hardly ever as subtle and brilliant as they think they are.

But do not mistake me--I don't hate on INTJs. Like I said, my best friend has that personality type, and I love her dearly.

When I make disparaging INTJ remarks, I'm referring only to those who are mentally and emotionally unhealthy.

Really, any unhealthy personality type is going to be difficult to get along with.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anyone with unhealthy Ni will make me run faster than wind.

I've had really bad experiences with unhealthy XSFJ's, so I get a bit of a tic around them.

And I adore EXTJ/P types...from afar.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
people are usually pretty hard to get along with, apart of their types. That being said, ESxx are a especially hard for me.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I struggle a lot with ESFJ 2s usually.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I struggle a lot with ESFJ 2s usually.

2s can be extremely clingy and insecure if in an unhealthy place. They drag out conflict for really long as well and refuse to talk about it, but also make it extremely obvious that there is a conflict so it's really confusing. I've dealt with mildly unhealthy ones to insanely unhealthy ones. They're both like a black hole, sucking optimism or happiness out of you with every encounter.

But healthy 2s are total angels, so double-edged sword with that one.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
2s can be extremely clingy and insecure if in an unhealthy place. They drag out conflict for really long as well and refuse to talk about it, but also make it extremely obvious that there is a conflict so it's really confusing. I've dealt with mildly unhealthy ones to insanely unhealthy ones. They're both like a black hole, sucking optimism or happiness out of you with every encounter.

But healthy 2s are total angels, so double-edged sword with that one.

Yes. On the surface, I can somewhat feel a kinship, but It seems like walking on eggshells if I don't engage them in the way they want me to. I have been around a few who have tried to screw me over due to unresolved conflict coming mainly from their end and my default aloofness doesn't help much.

But yes, healthy ones are AMAZING.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Power hungry/control freak e6s are pretty unnerving to be around... You never know what will exactly set them off. Reactive time bombs they are.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
IxFPs, especially S, are very polarizing to me. I've met some who are very sweet and shy, adorable people. But others are the most easily offended, passive-aggressive, moralistic people I've ever met, which can get quite unpleasant.