• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you just let things come to you or do you do something to get it?

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't trust things to come to me, and dislike having to wait and see when there's something I really want to know.

Littleclaypot

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You need to work to make things happen. Sometimes, though, things do line up in the perfect way.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's rare that things just come to me.

You gotta hustle. But when you hustle, some things will come to you that you didn't expect and weren't aiming for.

However, just sitting on your ass isn't going to cause anything to come to you, or only very rarely so.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I let things just come to me. I try to get things actively but in the end, "Things sought turn up when you don't seek them".

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Relax, what's meant to be will be." or "If you want something, chase it."

Which of the two quotes do you believe more?

It depends on what it is. I tend to do both. At work if you relax and let things come to you, the world will pass you buy. In relationships, sometimes it does pay to relax and let things happen naturally. It's not to say you can't or shouldn't go after something you want but then relationships are more organic.

blob

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I do both dwpending on the situation

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You need to have a healthy amount of both because either can tip into equally unhealthy behaviors.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I tend to inhabit the former and desire the latter, though it's by no means a settled thing.

Frankly, I work best when I aim non-specifically and am allowed to be vague without external demands which constantly ask for a settled position or destination in my own life.

By not aiming I hit the target better.