• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you think people fear INTJs? If so, why do you think this is the case?

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I once met someone I thought was an INTJ. He had the typical death glare, and looked like he was plotting to take over the world. I found that rather disconcerting. As I got to know him better, I realized he was not evil or even necessarily in bad mood; his face just looked like that. I also realized he was no INTJ. Probably more like an ENFJ.

I also have a cousin who's a confirmed INTJ. He's not intimidating at all. Even with a slight death glare.

So I guess it depends on the individual.:shrug:

Hope that helps.

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Pff, no. Why would they?

Idk, like Im not sure if they fear me or what I talk about, but I feel like a lot of people make a conscious effort to avoid interacting with me, and sometimes I ask questions that have them scrambling to get away in a paniced frenzy. Like they want to avoid talking about/adressing the subjects I bring up all together. Of course, this is not everyone, honestly, I feel like it's more of a feeler thing to react that way, but nonetheless, it happens with a fair bit of regularity to me.

Hermit of the Forest

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Idk, like Im not sure if they fear me or what I talk about, but I feel like a lot of people make a conscious effort to avoid interacting with me, and sometimes I ask questions that have them scrambling to get away in a paniced frenzy. Like they want to avoid talking about/adressing the subjects I bring up all together. Of course, this is not everyone, honestly, I feel like it's more of a feeler thing to react that way, but nonetheless, it happens with a fair bit of regularity to me.

This is very interesting. What sort of questions do you ask?

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
This is very interesting. What sort of questions do you ask?

Like to my 3rd grade teacher who was clearly pregnant but would get angry at us for merely talking, not engaging in, talking about sex. Literally. So one day I asked her why she's allowed to have sex and we're not even allowed to talk about it. She didn't even attempt to answer the question, she sent me to the PRINCIPLE'S OFFICE just for asking that! And the worst part is, the principle actually went along with it and had her back throughout the whole ordeal!

Hermit of the Forest

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Like to my 3rd grade teacher who was clearly pregnant but would get angry at us for merely talking, not engaging in, talking about sex. Literally. So one day I asked her why she's allowed to have sex and we're not even allowed to talk about it. She didn't even attempt to answer the question, she sent me to the PRINCIPLE'S OFFICE just for asking that! And the worst part is, the principle actually went along with it and had her back throughout the whole ordeal!

Lol. I can understand that reaction. Most 3rd graders I've known (myself included) didn't have the emotional maturity or intellectual curiosity to sustain a conversation of that nature, without it devolving into something inappropriate.

Hermit of the Forest

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Lol. I can understand that reaction. Most 3rd graders I've known (including myself) weren't emotionally mature or intellectually curious enough to discuss sex without the subject devolving into something inappropriate. Likely they assumed you and the other children couldn't handle it.

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Lol. I can understand that reaction. Most 3rd graders I've known (including myself) weren't emotionally mature or intellectually curious enough to discuss sex without the subject devolving into something inappropriate. Likely they assumed you and the other children couldn't handle it.

Ah, the plight of the public education system; holding students to a low standard of behavior. Tsk tsk

Hermit of the Forest

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ah, the plight of the public education system; holding students to a low standard of behavior. Tsk tsk

Very true. But most children do need time to be children.

I'd enjoy to discussing your clashes with humanity further, but that would derail the thread.:(

Lloyd

Ain Soph Aur
MBTI Type
INFP
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sensitive people (like me) and the response they receive. Maybe it's because of the way they reply to your question they're like "Huh?" "Why?" or at some cases "I don't care..." or "You fail" sometimes after that a brief explanation. Subject is my brother and my professor.

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I don't think they fear you. I think you just make them uncomfortable, if the threads you make here are any indication of how you behave IRL. I wouldn't be scared of someone like you. I am not afraid of people unless they possess an actual physical threat to me.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Nah. I've got so many INTJs I don't even know what to do with them. Dat tert Fi. Soft buggers

Hmmm I've other thoughts but I'm not sure how to put it diplomatically, so I think I'll stop for now.

Ursa

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
8w7
No. I had a few INTJ professors in college and they seemed more like narcissistic pricks with no friends than anything threatening. One of them was fired for mistreating students.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, ENTJs dont bother me either. They are like outgoing INTjs.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that TJs can communicate in a manner that is direct and distilled and this is alarming for some people. They also don't always follow the social norms (especially NTJs) and so people can misinterpret the interaction because others will overlay the expectations of social norms onto the communication. People can also respect TJs for these same qualities.

That isn't my personal reaction, but my observations of general tendencies in the population. I tend to find that direct approach easier because I don't overlay the social expectations and take it for the word values. I get the feeling there isn't subtext to read into, because the desired communication is forthright.

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Nah. I've got so many INTJs I don't even know what to do with them. Dat tert Fi. Soft buggers Hmmm I've other thoughts but I'm not sure how to put it diplomatically, so I think I'll stop for now.
No need for diplomacy here, it's a waist of time. The only thing that matters here is honesty, so go ahead, just say it