• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you think people fear INTJs? If so, why do you think this is the case?

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
"fear" isn't the word I would use here, but simply misunderstand. As [MENTION=14857]labyrinthine[/MENTION] mentioned above, the communication style of NTJs may be off-putting to people, and therefore repel. Unfortunately, others may be quick to write off an INTJ's communication style as weird and move on with their day. This isn't beneficial to anyone as the INTJ is left with unanswered questions over the brief exchange, and the other person potentially, may have missed out on some useful insights. The theme of feeling misunderstood isn't limited to INTJs though and many types can feel this way in their own way. So to each and every personality type, there is a basic level of disconnect they may feel with certain types, some more than others, but that's where open exchange and personal experience in dealing with various personality types in real life and in a place like this is very beneficial. Being able to check your internal perceptions to the external world on a fairly regular basis will help ensure your perceptions haven't gone TOO far off the mark, no matter how certain they may seem in their accuracy.

Shiver

I'm starting to avoid a lot of them I encounter online because they generally seem to come off as pretentious and trying way too hard at being "T". Combined with the fact that anyone seldom changes their mind in online debate, I can see why people would be put off by them. I identify as an INT as well, but the overall demeanor just makes me want to roll my eyes in disgust a lot of the time. >_>

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I'm starting to avoid a lot of them I encounter online because they generally seem to come off as pretentious and trying way too hard at being "T". Combined with the fact that anyone seldom changes their mind in online debate, I can see why people would be put off by them. I identify as an INT as well, but the overall demeanor just makes me want to roll my eyes in disgust a lot of the time. >_>

Hm, I wonder why a thinker would be so concerned with being a "T", I'd think a feeler would be more likely to try too hard to be a "t".

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
"fear" isn't the word I would use here, but simply misunderstand. As [MENTION=14857]labyrinthine[/MENTION] mentioned above, the communication style of NTJs may be off-putting to people, and therefore repel. Unfortunately, others may be quick to write off an INTJ's communication style as weird and move on with their day....

Why do you think people of other types than INTJ are so quick to write other people's communication style off as "weird"? I've never met an INTJ (or an ENTP for that matter) who'd do that to another person.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They don't scare me, though they can be irritating when they're stubbornly set on a course of action or assume they're correct and I see an alternative solution or truth. I enjoy ITJs as business associates/coworkers.

Shiver

Hm, I wonder why a thinker would be so concerned with being a "T", I'd think a feeler would be more likely to try too hard to be a "t".

My thought was that a lot of them tie so much of their identity into being "logical" and whatnot. Playing up that image - and often condescending to others - probably helps them to affirm that in themselves.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

Trying to be something you're not tends to come when, for whatever reason, perceived or real, you do not feel comfortable in your own skin. This can come from internal or external prejudices. The external, is something that can be easily moderated...no pun intended there haha, but the internal, is something that requires more introspection and work on the part of the individual feeling such prejudices.

Therefore, a Thinking type may feel put down and wish to deny their "cold" logic based on the perceptions of others or themselves, or a Feeling type may wish to deny their "emotional" Feeling, again, based on perceptions of others or their own.

The very perception you have, as highlighted above could potentially come from a personal bias in seeing Feelers as the types to feel a certain lacking in their personality makeup, as being less "logical" in your eyes. This is only a shot in the dark as I don't know of your personal biases (everyone has them), but IFthis is the case, it is beneficial to become aware of these sorts of type biases and to recognize them what they are, and to understand where these biases stem from. If you feel you may be receiving backlash from various posts around the forum from Feeling types, or even other Thinking types, it may be due to the external prejudice your type biases are projecting. The backlash has very little to do with type in these cases since they are coming from members of various personality types, and more about these external prejudices.

Again, shooting in the dark here. Feel free to correct me where I am wrong, but give it a thought or two ya? :)

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Trying to be something you're not tends to come when, for whatever reason, perceived or real, you do not feel comfortable in your own skin. This can come from internal or external prejudices. The external, is something that can be easily moderated...no pun intended there haha, but the internal, is something that requires more introspection and work on the part of the individual feeling such prejudices.

Therefore, a Thinking type may feel put down and wish to deny their "cold" logic based on the perceptions of others or themselves, or a Feeling type may wish to deny their "emotional" Feeling, again, based on perceptions of others or their own.

The very perception you have, as highlighted above could potentially come from a personal bias in seeing Feelers as the types to feel a certain lacking in their personality makeup, as being less "logical" in your eyes. This is only a shot in the dark as I don't know of your personal biases (everyone has them), but IFthis is the case, it is beneficial to become aware of these sorts of type biases and to recognize them what they are, and to understand where these biases stem from. If you feel you may be receiving backlash from various posts around the forum from Feeling types, or even other Thinking types, it may be due to the external prejudice your type biases are projecting. The backlash has very little to do with type in these cases since they are coming from members of various personality types, and more about these external prejudices.

Again, shooting in the dark here. Feel free to correct me where I am wrong, but give it a thought or two ya? :)

Definitely shooting in the dark, and yeah, you're wrong about me acting on/making decisions/reaching conclusions about others based on external prejudices. I think INTJ is probably the least likely type to do this.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is my experience.

INFPs starts out great, but then eventually fear what I say.
ISFPs, pretty much the same, they just react, or cry.
ESFJs stops talking to me after a week.
ESFPs thinks I'm stupid. but it gets better after a while of knowing me.
ENFJs don't like me, because of the way I handle social situations. it's easy to see why they would be a good fit for the INFP.

Those that are good
ESTJs
ENTJs
ISTJs (haven't met another INTJ)

business like
INTP
ISTP, as long as they are in a better position than you.
ESTP, also have a tendency to think I'm stupid or weird

Something odd happening between me and these types, if allow to entertain their ideas
ENTP
ENFP

It's great, escalates quickly, but if you do something to lose their interest, it's over, or their number one enemy (ENTP).

nice to talk to: (acquaintances/friendly)
INFJ
ISFJ

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Why do you think people of other types than INTJ are so quick to write other people's communication style off as "weird"? I've never met an INTJ (or an ENTP for that matter) who'd do that to another person.

With INTJs, they're probably thinking more along the lines of confusion, rather than weird. If someone comes off as peculiar to them, an INTJ may question that person or at least think on the issue internally, to try and resolve this inner confusion of sorts. If it goes left unanswered, it just remains as this hole in understanding and Ni would prefer not to leave areas left unknown if they can help it. Ne doms, are less inclined to remain in this realm of what is socially acceptable or normal, they just don't care quite frankly, so writing someone off as "weird" just isn't part of their vocabulary, usually. In my case, when I label someone "weird" or say that I'm weird, it's very much a compliment, since I find the commonly associated behaviors and thoughts of normalcy, to be very boring.

tchudak

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why would anyone fear an INTJ?

Sure there are quite a feel who act like pricks online, but that's only because they think they have to prove their INTJness all the time.

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
With INTJs, they're probably thinking more along the lines of confusion, rather than weird. If someone comes off as peculiar to them, an INTJ may question that person or at least think on the issue internally, to try and resolve this inner confusion of sorts. If it goes left unanswered, it just remains as this hole in understanding and Ni would prefer not to leave areas left unknown if they can help it. Ne doms, are less inclined to remain in this realm of what is socially acceptable or normal, they just don't care quite frankly, so writing someone off as "weird" just isn't part of their vocabulary, usually. In my case, when I label someone "weird" or say that I'm weird, it's very much a compliment, since I find the commonly associated behaviors and thoughts of normalcy, to be very boring.

So it's only Ne doms who write off INTJ's communication style as being weird?

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Definitely shooting in the dark, and yeah, you're wrong about me acting on/making decisions/reaching conclusions about others based on external prejudices. I think INTJ is probably the least likely type to do this.

I wouldn't say your potential biases stem from external prejudices, but would guess that has more to do with not reaching out to more people and gaining more insight from the external world. Rather, your perceptions, because of this lack of external affirmation and data collecting, is based on your particular views and perspectives on the world. ie. you perceive people to be this way or that based on how you understand yourself to be.

I do not see you wishing to emote more internalized feeling. Acting based on prejudices felt internally or externally is when one feels a lacking in their personality type. I don't see that is the case here with you, so no, I don't believe you are acting or making decisions based on prejudices, internal or external. What I was hoping to explain, perhaps I wasn't clear enough, is that if you feel others may be reacting negatively towards your posts around Feelers being a certain way in your eyes, it is because you are projecting a prejudice, that is external. That stems from your personal biases. Does...that make sense? :huh:

It's clear as rain in my head, but I feel I may be translating this inefficiently.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Rule of Acquisition #48 - The bigger the smile, the sharper the knife.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
So it's only Ne doms who write off INTJ's communication style as being weird?

Ne doesn't confine itself or rather, bother with what is determined to be right or wrong regarding social behavior or action. So that is probably why you don't sense ENTPs writing you off as "weird".

When I mentioned I personally use the term weird as a positive word to describe myself or others, I should've added that I use that word as a way to go against what is typically seen as weird or normal behavior, it's a way of rising above the rigid delineation and to troll public perception of that term so to speak.

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I wouldn't say your potential biases stem from external prejudices, but would guess that has more to do with not reaching out to more people and gaining more insight from the external world. Rather, your perceptions, because of this lack of external affirmation and data collecting, is based on your particular views and perspectives on the world. ie. you perceive people to be this way or that based on how you understand yourself to be.

I do not see you wishing to emote more internalized feeling. Acting based on prejudices felt internally or externally is when one feels a lacking in their personality type. I don't see that is the case here with you, so no, I don't believe you are acting or making decisions based on prejudices, internal or external. What I was hoping to explain, perhaps I wasn't clear enough, is that if you feel others may be reacting negatively towards your posts around Feelers being a certain way in your eyes, it is because you are projecting a prejudice, that is external. That stems from your personal biases. Does...that make sense? :huh:

It's clear as rain in my head, but I feel I may be translating this inefficiently.

perhaps, but I think it depends

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The more mature the INTJ, the better they handle social situations IMO. People do not really fear INTJ's, in fact, I can hold a great deal of respect for a ripe INTJ, if I was to be personal and people-wise, they are neither afraid nor intimidated, rather they are repulsed by the immature ones.

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
The more mature the INTJ, the better they handle social situations IMO. People do not really fear INTJ's, in fact, I can hold a great deal of respect for a ripe INTJ, if I was to be personal and people-wise, they are neither afraid nor intimidated, rather they are repulsed by the immature ones.
Do you think immature INTJs are notably more repulsive/worse than immature variants of other types? If so, why?

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much this. I think "fear" is definitely the wrong word.
Savage

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think people who are afraid of awkwardness might fear an INTJ, since that's kind of their MO. That' definitely not me, though. I WOULD be afraid of being trapped in some sort of monomaniacal and one-sided conversation, but that possibility would depend on the particular INTJ.