User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I doubt NTs are the smartest types (or, the results are skewed). So many smart people mistype as NT...

This is one of those situations where I want to repeat the cliche "correlation is not causation!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Not IQ level, but here are stats on MBTI type vs. Education Level and Household Income:

Link: Type Statistics
    INFPs are big-time underachievers.

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Too bad SAT and ACT scores have nothing to do with aptitude

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    O rly? That must be why I have a 3.9 GPA.

However, I will admit I was a much more average student in high school. I didn't jive well with the more highly structured environment of the public school system. College is a much more fluid and individualized framework.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    These stats were kind of confusing. I have by the way made some IQ estimations myself. Even though I doubt my own methods, the results doesn't seem too far off:

1 INTJ 113
    2 INFJ 112
    3 ENTJ 109
    4 ENFJ 107
    5 INFP 105
    6 INTP 104
    7 ISTJ 104
    8 ENTP 102
    9 ESTJ 100
    10 ENFP 97
    11 ISFJ 95
    12 ESFJ 94
    13 ISTP 91
    14 ISFP 88
    15 ESTP 88
    16 ESFP 85

They were made purely for fun. I compared the member numbers of each type in Mensa, compared it to the general population, and used normal distribution math to come up with these numbers. Yes, it's not perfect ...

ESFPs are borderline retarded? Um, no. That's offensive, actually, to list so many Ss in the below average IQ range. Is this a joke?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    These stats were kind of confusing. I have by the way made some IQ estimations myself. Even though I doubt my own methods, the results doesn't seem too far off:

1 INTJ 113
    2 INFJ 112
    3 ENTJ 109
    4 ENFJ 107
    5 INFP 105
    6 INTP 104
    7 ISTJ 104
    8 ENTP 102
    9 ESTJ 100
    10 ENFP 97
    11 ISFJ 95
    12 ESFJ 94
    13 ISTP 91
    14 ISFP 88
    15 ESTP 88
    16 ESFP 85

They were made purely for fun. I compared the member numbers of each type in Mensa, compared it to the general population, and used normal distribution math to come up with these numbers. Yes, it's not perfect ...
    IMO it's garbage. In fact, based on what I've read on IQ tests STJs would score highest on them because of the questions on an IQ test and the way such tests are administered favor an Te-Si way of thinking.
    Autistic INFP

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I'd say most of the people who hang out on this site have an IQ of 120 at the very least if not above, so really this is a moot point trying to battle out which type is the most intellingent here - some may disagree with me, but to be even interested in typology and it's theory on this level indicates some aptitude in abstract thinking.
    Beside this is all BS anyway. Think about how the sample population was selected for starters...I mean seriously it's not even international, but American based.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Proper logical thinking isn't innate.
    How true! Brain training goes a long way and I'm sure that, given the formulaic nature of all standardized tests, a reasonably intelligent person could boost their IQ like it was an ACT test.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post

OK.....I agree that INFPs are prone to laziness.....but NOT underachievement. In fact, I'd say we INFPs are paradoxes, because we are both lazy and incredibly driven (which cancels out the lazy).

I think you confuse "underacheiver" with "lazy". The two are not always the same!

For example, I am twenty years old, still jobless, clinically depressed, and emotionally needy, plus really damn inecure; No doubt as a result of these things I am also quite lazy. Yet I still have a 4.0 GPA after four quarters of college. So while yes, I am late to most engagements, and a notorious procrastinator to boot, my INFP passion gets me where I need to be at the end of the day. Why? Because I have passion. I love to be the underdog. I'm the guy who plays all sports games with a disadvantage so the winner has no excuse but aceede that my skills are superior. When I play chess, I always play black and I never go first in round of tic-tac-toe. In FPS multiplayer, I go pistols only so I can savor each kill. School is no different.

Lazy, yes; underachiever, not necessarily!

MBTI
    eNTP

Quote Originally Posted by meanlittlechimp View Post
    ENTP
    1 8th graders IQ
    1 9th - 12th graders IQ
    Yes. Well. No surprises there.
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always “lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments.” He concluded that “There is more than one way of doing good science.”
    It was Watson’s form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve “the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA.” It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.