User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I'm amazed by the number claiming to have or know people with IQs in the range of Einstein and Bohr.
    Bohr can't be that smart. I've tried his recipe for raisin pudding. It's really not that good.

To Niffer: you're a lovely girl, but 156? That would make you a bona fide genius only few IQ points short of Einstein, who was in the lower 160s. I'm not entirely discounting the possibility that what you say is true, but I must confess that I'm skeptical. For one thing, if you'd scored that high people would have made such a hooplah that your "oh, this silly little thing? I didn't even know it was worth anything t'all!" attitude strikes me as... unfitting.
    I'm no expert on IQ tests, but I do know that different tests use different numbers for their standard deviation. It could be that Einstein for example is given a score based on a test with a low standard deviation, while a lot of people are reporting IQ's based on a test with a higher standard deviation.

No offense meant to niffer though. ENFP's usually have their intelligence underestimated. They have that "Legally Blond" effect where they can seem silly and flighty and then ace the bar exam or something else equally impressive.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Bohr can't be that smart. I've tried his recipe for raisin pudding. It's really not that good.
    Please PM recipe.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I'm no expert on IQ tests, but I do know that different tests use different numbers for their standard deviation. It could be that Einstein for example is given a score based on a test with a low standard deviation, while a lot of people are reporting IQ's based on a test with a higher standard deviation.
    Even so, that is extremely high. However, at her age, I ranked somewhere above 160 on a particular sub-test that had a SD of 15 (pattern searching). Unfortunately three problems exist;

1) Not all tests are validated, meaning they are not standardized at all

2) Many are age or time factored, which isn't a legitimate way of testing

3) Many aren't g loaded, meaning they have no validation

I'm still looking for a cheap way to take a formal IQ test because I really want to see how it works. Alas, it's too expensive. The ones online just don't cut it, even though there are a couple of amateur student ones that were standardized. I find those to be quite interesting but they don't have the full battery to average out, meaning they can peak and trough too easily.

No offense meant to niffer though. ENFP's usually have their intelligence underestimated. They have that "Legally Blond" effect where they can seem silly and flighty and then ace the bar exam or something else equally impressive.
    Well, she certainly shouldn't feel bad if her IQ isn't 150 and up Anything around 120 puts you at the high end, meaning masters-PHD. And even in those cases, the spread of IQs is pretty gigantic. Really, anything above 110 is "impressive", and anything above 120 puts you at quite a head start above 90% of the population.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I'm amazed by the number claiming to have or know people with IQs in the range of Einstein and Bohr.
    That's called being a sociable university student.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    That's called being a sociable university student.
    You must be attending one hell of a university.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

You must be attending one hell of a university.
    Those are the two smartest people I know, actually. The ESFP is definitely smarter than most professors there (to my assessment).

In any case being a sociable university student means that I know students from 5 different universities around here.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default MB-IQ Correlation Studies

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Anyone know if a distribution of IQ levels according to types exists? Ie, X% of people with IQ X are X type? Or coming from the other direction, a distribution of IQs for each type? Maybe that's too specific for there to be an actual study on it though.
    I am very anxious to see if there have been any such studies!!

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Just to clarify - the ranks do indicate performance, right? Meaning that INTPs ranked 2nd in IQ scores in high school, and that they performed the best at Ball State University (in particular, since that's a research university*).

If so, does anyone else find it very... INTP... to be both liberal arts and engineering dominants?
    I have a friend who is an INTP (not a tested one but I'm pretty sure). At uni he did a conjoint degree - his 2 majors were Physics and Film, Television and Media Studies. And he totally cleaned up in both BTW.

I would estimate his IQ to be around 150. He is by far the smartest person I know. He loses me with his talk and my IQ is in the 133-138 range. And its not just because he can retain and reel off screeds of information about all sorts of things (which he can easily), he is an amazing free thinker. I don't know why he isn't a rocket scientist for NASA or something.

MBTI
    I

Not IQ level, but here are stats on MBTI type vs. Education Level and Household Income:

Education Level (1 did not graduate, to 6 PhD or equivalent)
    ENTJ - 4.12
    INTJ - 3.93
    ESTJ - 3.83
    ISTJ - 3.78
    ESTP - 3.73
    INFJ - 3.72
    ENFP - 3.69
    INTP - 3.69
    INFP - 3.67
    ESFP - 3.63
    ENFJ - 3.60
    ESFJ - 3.62
    ISTP - 3.59
    ISFJ - 3.58
    ENTP - 3.54
    ISFP - 3.52

Household Income
    ENTJ - $84,434
    ESTJ - $76,238
    ESFJ - $74,882
    INTJ - $72,043
    ENFJ - $71,060
    ISTJ - $71,020
    ESTP - $69,323
    ISTP - $67,349
    ENFP - $66,210
    INTP - $64,872
    INFJ - $64,372
    ISFP - $64,166
    ISFJ - $63,870
    ESFP - $63,281
    ENTP - $62,960
    INFP - $61,565
    Link: Type Statistics

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

If you really think that such an individual thing like IQ is influenced by type I wonder how close minded you are.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]