• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Does intuitives enjoy chilling and observing people and their environment?

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
Type your mbti, and your answer. :)

Note: this doesn't have to do with being in an uncomfortable place, given that you're in a comfortable place, do you enjoy chilling out and observing people?

INFP I do. People watching is a very entertaining activity, especially if you have someone to bounce your observations off of so I recommend bringing a friend. People often assume introverts are socially inept but you can learn a lot about people just from watching them in social situations. Sometimes more than direct contact because a lot of people put on the mask when they meet you. Some people are of course always rigid and always performing in a sense and that in itself gives you tremendous insight into their personality.

HisKittyKat

MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yes, however it is also Interesting to observe people when they are not in their comfort zone, lol. I am silently and secretly judging people always in my head, I keep a lot to myself though. People watching is fun, I don't have to engage or pretend to be Interested in what they are saying or doing, but watching and making observations is great. Most people are not very Interesting to be honest, however many are funny in what they do and say without realizing it haha ! You can be amusing without being Interesting, I like to observe both.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Yeahduh. But it's not something I do consciously... it's just what I am all about inherently.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sometimes i enjoy it... mostly i think of it as watching where i am going, so i that i don't walk off the social equivalent to a cliff...

intp

Littleclaypot

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes, very much.
Sometimes I make up stories about them based on the short glimpse I get of their world.
People watching is an art form, man.

[infj]

Straylight

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTP

Yes, I enjoy observing groups of people talking about things without actively participating most of the time. Like, I want to be around people, but not engaging them. I suck at initiating, and sustaining conversations, especially small-talk, but I don't want to be completely alone. I get lonely and I also work better when people are nearby but not bothering me. It creates a comfortable atmosphere for my brain, like ambient noise that satisfies my need for some social contact.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
Good. I thought so too. Because I'm just curious if someone doesn't like it because it's such a relaxing thing to do.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am more likely to enjoy observing environments than people.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I am more likely to enjoy observing environments than people.
Are people a part of these environments you prefer to observe? Do you prefer environments that have a higher level of interaction with people or spaces that are more pure in its essence? Meaning, a space that is completely at the whim of the individual and therefore undergoes levels of transformations over time, so it's that visual timeline you enjoy? Or do you prefer to observe environments more static in its presentation?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are people a part of these environments you prefer to observe? Do you prefer environments that have a higher level of interaction with people or spaces that are more pure in its essence? Meaning, a space that is completely at the whim of the individual and therefore undergoes levels of transformations over time, so it's that visual timeline you enjoy? Or do you prefer to observe environments more static in its presentation?
First off, I don't do this sort of observing often, perhaps just because I am not often in a position to do so. I don't frequent malls or other spots where lots of people come and go. When I am in such environments, I pay more attention to how the people interact with the environment than with each other. For instance, when waiting in an airport, I might notice how many people are placing their trash into the correct containers: recyclables vs. waste. Or, how many are refilling reusable bottles from the water dispensers outside the restroom. Or which seem to be the most popular food vendors judging by containers people are holding. I might also notice things like how many people are wearing shorts or flip-flops, especially if the weather suggests warmer attire. I tend not to notice interactions between people, or the mood or manner of individual people. Of course if there is something really noticeable, like a little kid running around or an upset passenger arguing with the gate agent, I will notice but quickly move on.

Otherwise I like observing empty spaces, or spaces independent of whatever people are in them. I try to figure out or at least imagine why the place was laid out as it is, why it has the features it does (why is the escalator here and not there?) I think of how I would prefer to have it arranged, what seems to make more sense to me, realizing that I won't be aware of all the constraints and concerns known to the designers. I try to figure out what makes a place distinctive, or what makes it similar to another.

treetophideaway

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm not an intuitive (I'm an ISFP) but I enjoy watching people in different settings as long as I'm comfortable in the space. I also like watching animals in their environments and how they interact with each other too.