• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] Does my friend seem ISTP or INTJ to you?

Skippy Munchkin

MBTI Type
????
I have a friend who I suspect is ISTP, but has certain traits that make me think he might be INTJ. I'm literally stuck between the two for obvious reasons.
Ever since we started hanging out often I've been guessing ISTP, but earlier before I knew him more I was thinking INTJ. Sometimes ISTPs who are intelligent enough can look like or get mistaken as INTJs but it's still possible for different reasons.

He's 22 and it seems as if his Se is too developed to be INTJ. He has told stories about doing crazy shit and is even writing a book about his life story. The stuff that came to mind isn't "ultra-Se" however, just mildly Se things such as him and a friend chasing each other with a baseball bat and machete, and him getting extremely bored and having to message me to hang out with him. I'm pretty sure he's an introvert though.

He's obviously a thinker. He's been kicked out of 4 churches, and according to him he once went to jehovah's witnesses when he was 15 because he was curious on the religion(I think???). While at the church he heard things come out of the preacher's mouth that were so much lies and BS he actually went up on stage, grabbed the mic, and spoke the truth about how much the preacher was lying. This caused people to leave that day and now he's on the list of people not allowed in their church/kingdom hall. Me and him are both agnostic, but I would never do some of the shit he's done in relation to those church stories.
He also doesn't give a care what anyone thinks of him and you can criticize him without him giving a shit.

Me and him never talk about MBTI and I'm not sure if he even knows what it is, but he's been sending me tiny hints that he does and thinks I'm INFP. Aren't INTJs suppose to like INFPs? Because he's been saying things to me like "How are you single? You're this genuinely nice girl" or "I'm not sure if this goes against your morals but" or "Do you ever hate yourself?".
In case you're wondering what my type is, I normally get typed as INFP but I'm still uncertain for MANY reasons, which is why I don't label myself as any type.

As for Fi or Fe, I really can't tell. A few times he mentioned certain people being fake, which is probably a hint that he has some type of Fi. But him being Fe inferior is also possible. It's so hard to tell though because he's so much of a thinker, but like a typical human being he has feelings.

One time when I was being stupid I was guessing he was ISTJ. But he lacks so much Si and also doesn't have good memory.

Once you guys come to the conclusion, I'm not going to automatically type him. I just want you to tell me what you think he may be. Other types are possible as well. :)

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
I have a friend who I suspect is ISTP, but has certain traits that make me think he might be INTJ. I'm literally stuck between the two for obvious reasons.
Ever since we started hanging out often I've been guessing ISTP, but earlier before I knew him more I was thinking INTJ. Sometimes ISTPs who are intelligent enough can look like or get mistaken as INTJs but it's still possible for different reasons.

He's 22 and it seems as if his Se is too developed to be INTJ. He has told stories about doing crazy shit and is even writing a book about his life story. The stuff that came to mind isn't "ultra-Se" however, just mildly Se things such as him and a friend chasing each other with a baseball bat and machete, and him getting extremely bored and having to message me to hang out with him. I'm pretty sure he's an introvert though.

He's obviously a thinker. He's been kicked out of 4 churches, and according to him he once went to jehovah's witnesses when he was 15 because he was curious on the religion(I think???). While at the church he heard things come out of the preacher's mouth that were so much lies and BS he actually went up on stage, grabbed the mic, and spoke the truth about how much the preacher was lying. This caused people to leave that day and now he's on the list of people not allowed in their church/kingdom hall. Me and him are both agnostic, but I would never do some of the shit he's done in relation to those church stories.
He also doesn't give a care what anyone thinks of him and you can criticize him without him giving a shit.

Me and him never talk about MBTI and I'm not sure if he even knows what it is, but he's been sending me tiny hints that he does and thinks I'm INFP. Aren't INTJs suppose to like INFPs? Because he's been saying things to me like "How are you single? You're this genuinely nice girl" or "I'm not sure if this goes against your morals but" or "Do you ever hate yourself?".
In case you're wondering what my type is, I normally get typed as INFP but I'm still uncertain for MANY reasons, which is why I don't label myself as any type.

As for Fi or Fe, I really can't tell. A few times he mentioned certain people being fake, which is probably a hint that he has some type of Fi. But him being Fe inferior is also possible. It's so hard to tell though because he's so much of a thinker, but like a typical human being he has feelings.

One time when I was being stupid I was guessing he was ISTJ. But he lacks so much Si and also doesn't have good memory.

Once you guys come to the conclusion, I'm not going to automatically type him. I just want you to tell me what you think he may be. Other types are possible as well. :)

your friend got guts, give him that. I say istp.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Not INTJ. They're not so much into over-stimulation and acting on impulse. The only thing that could point to that is thinking he uses Fi, which I'm not sure.
I'd say ISTP. As a Ti-Fe user myself, I can see some things he said coming from his Fe. I was also thinking ESTP, but his Fe seems too low.

Skippy Munchkin

MBTI Type
????
Not INTJ. They're not so much into over-stimulation and acting on impulse. The only thing that could point to that is thinking he uses Fi, which I'm not sure.
I'd say ISTP. As a Ti-Fe user myself, I can see some things he said coming from his Fe. I was also thinking ESTP, but his Fe seems too low.

Trust me, he's NOT ESTP. He can't be Se-dom but looks Se-aux in some ways. He seems to be introverted as well.
I would say ISTP fits him well. Some people think ISTPs and ESTPs are similar, but definitely not this time lol.

helbert

MBTI Type
INTJ
I would also say ISTP, although my brother is an ISTP and he would never do shit like that. He does get really worked up about irrationality though, and both of us complain constantly about our INFJ and ENFP parents being so illogical. So even though I couldn't see him doing something like that, I know I would REALLY never do anything like that.

The way you describe him does sound like my brother, really private and introverted but also friendly and likes to be out of the house constantly exploring and hanging out with friends. He calls people fake a lot, he's popular and well-liked but couldn't give less of a shit about it and is always making brutal criticisms of people. I think they way we are most similar is in our logicality, detachment, and "thinking," but try to talk to this dude about philosophy because I feel like that's a true test of ISTP/INTJ - my brother doesn't ever want to give it the time of day, and even if I can convince him to entertain a conversation, he obviously doesn't care about it.