User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 25

  1. #1
    Junior Member helbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    15

    Default Is sexuality related to MBTI type?

    I'm interested to see if people share similar sex lives/attitudes towards sex with people of their type.

    I'm an INTJ and people are often surprised to learn about how sexual I am. I have a much higher sex drive than any man I've been with, and am pretty kinky and feel powerful when seducing men. I like them to be older, more mature - about 7 years older is where I find most of my mutual attractions. I don't have sex with people I don't like/know though (stimulating conversations really turn me on). I think my most enjoyable sexual experience was with an ENFP - he was my boss (have a lot of fetishes like that) and I liked how passionate and expressive he was in bed and thought it complemented my style nicely.

    I really love sex and like to theorize about it and get creative with it - I have it outside of relationships obviously, but I enjoy being really comfortable with a boyfriend and experimenting over a drawn-out period of time as well. It doesn't really hold any deeper meaning for me, just another project to be perfected.

    I want to hear other people's thoughts/experiences.
    Likes letmebeentertained liked this post

  2. #2
    Sweet Summer Child yama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe
    Posts
    7,488

    Default

    No lol
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

    not a type description

  3. #3
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,569

    Default

    Yes but I think enneagram and instinctual subtypes play a far bigger role.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  4. #4
    Sweet Summer Child yama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe
    Posts
    7,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Yes but I think enneagram and instinctual subtypes play a far bigger role.
    The only correlation to type I could buy is how strong one's sx is, but even then sx is more about intensity, connection, and merging with others than straight up sex (although sex is one way to achieve that, but their are asexual sx doms even). I think sexuality is way too personal and individual to have any correlation to type. You could easily find someone who is hypersexual, asexual, or in between of any type.
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

    not a type description
    Likes Zeego liked this post

  5. #5
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamato Nadeshiko View Post
    The only correlation to type I could buy is how strong one's sx is, but even then sx is more about intensity, connection, and merging with others than straight up sex (although sex is one way to achieve that, but their are asexual sx doms even). I think sexuality is way too personal and individual to have any correlation to type. You could easily find someone who is hypersexual, asexual, or in between of any type.
    Well, I can tell you that I'm an sp/sx. And I'm an e8

    Eights like partners who are independent and strong, and they enjoy fighting, sex, and adventure as ways of making contact. Because Eights experience deep joy in sexuality, they are willing to match the partner's intensity.
    Type 8 Enneagram Type Description |9types.com

    Super true for me. This is why I feel the enneagram is more accurate than MBTI.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes yama liked this post

  6. #6
    Sweet Summer Child yama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe
    Posts
    7,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Well, I can tell you that I'm an sp/sx. And I'm an e8

    Eights like partners who are independent and strong, and they enjoy fighting, sex, and adventure as ways of making contact. Because Eights experience deep joy in sexuality, they are willing to match the partner's intensity.
    Type 8 Enneagram Type Description |9types.com

    Super true for me. This is why I feel the enneagram is more accurate than MBTI.
    Enneagram is definitely superior to MBTI in pretty much every form, though there will always be people who don't perfectly fit into the mold... usually those who are less sexual, I find. I'm a fan of Ocean Moonshine 9 myself. It does seem like sexuality is in multiple descriptions for type 8, but not type 6. Maybe it's just an 8 thing? Heh. So then maybe a little type related but definitely no deciding factor.

    But MBTI?--yeah, no.
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

    not a type description

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,414

    Default

    STP wins easily
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes chubber liked this post

  8. #8
    Dead
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by helbert View Post
    I'm interested to see if people share similar sex lives/attitudes towards sex with people of their type.

    I'm an INTJ and people are often surprised to learn about how sexual I am. I have a much higher sex drive than any man I've been with, and am pretty kinky and feel powerful when seducing men. I like them to be older, more mature - about 7 years older is where I find most of my mutual attractions. I don't have sex with people I don't like/know though (stimulating conversations really turn me on). I think my most enjoyable sexual experience was with an ENFP - he was my boss (have a lot of fetishes like that) and I liked how passionate and expressive he was in bed and thought it complemented my style nicely.

    I really love sex and like to theorize about it and get creative with it - I have it outside of relationships obviously, but I enjoy being really comfortable with a boyfriend and experimenting over a drawn-out period of time as well. It doesn't really hold any deeper meaning for me, just another project to be perfected.

    I want to hear other people's thoughts/experiences.
    I think it just depends on the person, personally I'm not very interested in sex, more in the relationship. That said, I'd think 4 Sx and 8 Sx would be the most intense sexually. 8 Sx especially with a 7 wing would be intense experimentally with their partner(s), whereas 4 Sx would be deeply in love with their partner and want to merge or connect with them in an intense way.
    Enneagram: 4w3 > 8w7 > 6w5

    Instinctual Varient: Sp/Sx

    Socionics: ILE - Ti

    Global 5: rLuE[I]

    Temperament: Melancholic > Choleric > Sanguine > Phlegmatic

  9. #9
    Senior Member Blacksheep2017's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by helbert View Post
    I'm interested to see if people share similar sex lives/attitudes towards sex with people of their type.

    I'm an INTJ and people are often surprised to learn about how sexual I am. I have a much higher sex drive than any man I've been with, and am pretty kinky and feel powerful when seducing men. I like them to be older, more mature - about 7 years older is where I find most of my mutual attractions. I don't have sex with people I don't like/know though (stimulating conversations really turn me on). I think my most enjoyable sexual experience was with an ENFP - he was my boss (have a lot of fetishes like that) and I liked how passionate and expressive he was in bed and thought it complemented my style nicely.

    I really love sex and like to theorize about it and get creative with it - I have it outside of relationships obviously, but I enjoy being really comfortable with a boyfriend and experimenting over a drawn-out period of time as well. It doesn't really hold any deeper meaning for me, just another project to be perfected.

    I want to hear other people's thoughts/experiences.
    I wonder if being a female INTJ has anything to do with your high sex drive. INTJ females are the unicorns of personality types. INTJ is a predominately male personality type.

  10. #10
    Junior Member helbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamato Nadeshiko View Post
    Enneagram is definitely superior to MBTI in pretty much every form, though there will always be people who don't perfectly fit into the mold... usually those who are less sexual, I find. I'm a fan of Ocean Moonshine 9 myself. It does seem like sexuality is in multiple descriptions for type 8, but not type 6. Maybe it's just an 8 thing? Heh. So then maybe a little type related but definitely no deciding factor. But MBTI?--yeah, no.
    I didn't know what enneagram was until I joined this site today, so I'll have to do more research on it. I like MBTI because I actually fit into the type pretty perfectly, but I know some people don't. It really helped me understand myself better but it is definitely stupid to think that it is perfectly omniscient, especially related to stuff like sex. That's why I wanted to hear from other people, but now I'm interested in enneagram
    Likes yama liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO