• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is sexuality related to MBTI type?

helbert

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm interested to see if people share similar sex lives/attitudes towards sex with people of their type.

I'm an INTJ and people are often surprised to learn about how sexual I am. I have a much higher sex drive than any man I've been with, and am pretty kinky and feel powerful when seducing men. I like them to be older, more mature - about 7 years older is where I find most of my mutual attractions. I don't have sex with people I don't like/know though (stimulating conversations really turn me on). I think my most enjoyable sexual experience was with an ENFP - he was my boss (have a lot of fetishes like that) and I liked how passionate and expressive he was in bed and thought it complemented my style nicely.

I really love sex and like to theorize about it and get creative with it - I have it outside of relationships obviously, but I enjoy being really comfortable with a boyfriend and experimenting over a drawn-out period of time as well. It doesn't really hold any deeper meaning for me, just another project to be perfected.

I want to hear other people's thoughts/experiences.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Yes but I think enneagram and instinctual subtypes play a far bigger role.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes but I think enneagram and instinctual subtypes play a far bigger role.

The only correlation to type I could buy is how strong one's sx is, but even then sx is more about intensity, connection, and merging with others than straight up sex (although sex is one way to achieve that, but their are asexual sx doms even). I think sexuality is way too personal and individual to have any correlation to type. You could easily find someone who is hypersexual, asexual, or in between of any type.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The only correlation to type I could buy is how strong one's sx is, but even then sx is more about intensity, connection, and merging with others than straight up sex (although sex is one way to achieve that, but their are asexual sx doms even). I think sexuality is way too personal and individual to have any correlation to type. You could easily find someone who is hypersexual, asexual, or in between of any type.

Well, I can tell you that I'm an sp/sx. And I'm an e8

Eights like partners who are independent and strong, and they enjoy fighting, sex, and adventure as ways of making contact. Because Eights experience deep joy in sexuality, they are willing to match the partner's intensity.
Type 8 Enneagram Type Description |9types.com

Super true for me. This is why I feel the enneagram is more accurate than MBTI.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, I can tell you that I'm an sp/sx. And I'm an e8

Eights like partners who are independent and strong, and they enjoy fighting, sex, and adventure as ways of making contact. Because Eights experience deep joy in sexuality, they are willing to match the partner's intensity.
Type 8 Enneagram Type Description |9types.com

Super true for me. This is why I feel the enneagram is more accurate than MBTI.

Enneagram is definitely superior to MBTI in pretty much every form, though there will always be people who don't perfectly fit into the mold... usually those who are less sexual, I find. I'm a fan of Ocean Moonshine 9 myself. It does seem like sexuality is in multiple descriptions for type 8, but not type 6. Maybe it's just an 8 thing? Heh. So then maybe a little type related but definitely no deciding factor.

But MBTI?--yeah, no. :laugh:

PurpleDawn

I'm interested to see if people share similar sex lives/attitudes towards sex with people of their type.

I'm an INTJ and people are often surprised to learn about how sexual I am. I have a much higher sex drive than any man I've been with, and am pretty kinky and feel powerful when seducing men. I like them to be older, more mature - about 7 years older is where I find most of my mutual attractions. I don't have sex with people I don't like/know though (stimulating conversations really turn me on). I think my most enjoyable sexual experience was with an ENFP - he was my boss (have a lot of fetishes like that) and I liked how passionate and expressive he was in bed and thought it complemented my style nicely.

I really love sex and like to theorize about it and get creative with it - I have it outside of relationships obviously, but I enjoy being really comfortable with a boyfriend and experimenting over a drawn-out period of time as well. It doesn't really hold any deeper meaning for me, just another project to be perfected.

I think it just depends on the person, personally I'm not very interested in sex, more in the relationship. That said, I'd think 4 Sx and 8 Sx would be the most intense sexually. 8 Sx especially with a 7 wing would be intense experimentally with their partner(s), whereas 4 Sx would be deeply in love with their partner and want to merge or connect with them in an intense way.

Blacksheep2017

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1

I wonder if being a female INTJ has anything to do with your high sex drive. INTJ females are the unicorns of personality types. INTJ is a predominately male personality type.

helbert

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram is definitely superior to MBTI in pretty much every form, though there will always be people who don't perfectly fit into the mold... usually those who are less sexual, I find. I'm a fan of Ocean Moonshine 9 myself. It does seem like sexuality is in multiple descriptions for type 8, but not type 6. Maybe it's just an 8 thing? Heh. So then maybe a little type related but definitely no deciding factor. But MBTI?--yeah, no. :laugh:
I didn't know what enneagram was until I joined this site today, so I'll have to do more research on it. I like MBTI because I actually fit into the type pretty perfectly, but I know some people don't. It really helped me understand myself better but it is definitely stupid to think that it is perfectly omniscient, especially related to stuff like sex. That's why I wanted to hear from other people, but now I'm interested in enneagram

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I didn't know what enneagram was until I joined this site today, so I'll have to do more research on it. I like MBTI because I actually fit into the type pretty perfectly, but I know some people don't. It really helped me understand myself better but it is definitely stupid to think that it is perfectly omniscient, especially related to stuff like sex. That's why I wanted to hear from other people, but now I'm interested in enneagram

I highly recommend this site for learning about enneagram:

The Enneagram ...info from the underground.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah look at enneagram and instinctual variant. Imo sexuality comes more from those kinda instinctual places over from cognitive process preferences.

acd

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know several other infps. I'd say that we all seem to share the attitude that sex is better with someone we care about and with someone we either already have or intend to have a deep relationship with. One night stands, casual sex or promiscuity are not really desirable. If it happens, there will be a lingering thought of "Could I make it work with this person?" Or, "Could I or should I care about this person?" We can't help but want to connect (But I am basing this only on my circle of infps, so could be untrue for others.)
We all can agree that we enjoy sex. But there is a lot of variation with the where/how/how often preferences. I think there are some aspects of sexuality that change over time given different variables in one's life not related to mbti.. physical and mental health, stress level, etc.

letmebeentertained

I'm ENTJ (female) and I also have a high sex drive. I do think mbti type has to do with sex drive. I feel like N users are more compassionate about sex and have a higher sex drive.

Starry

I'm ENTJ (female) and I also have a high sex drive. I do think mbti type has to do with sex drive. I feel like N users are more compassionate about sex and have a higher sex drive.

Overall you feel like N users have a higher sex drive? Really?