User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Why does it have to be done?
    Do I have an exam tomorrow for which I've not studied at all the entire year?
    In which case I don't set the alarm for 2am. I stay up all night making up acronyms and mnemonics.
    Actually I never set the alarm for then because I'm almost always still awake by then anyway. I'd have to set the alarm to be out of the house before 9am though. In fact, even before 10... I set my alarm this morning because I had to take my kids to a piano lesson at 11.

The only thing that could induce me to think that 'has to be done' would be something like an exam the next morning. But even then no, I don't think I would. I'd figure, meh, I'll do what I can and if I fail, retake it. Or consider other options.
    Finally, a kindred spirit!!!

Thinking specifically, I can't figure out what would actually induce me to set the alarm for 2am (other than the aforementioned plane flight)... really if something was THAT important I doubt I'd be able to sleep anyway, so I just wouldn't go to bed.
    “Can a man of perception respect himself at all?”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

What is it like to P, xD I really do not know
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    istp

entropie, some people will never experience what it is like to have p-ness, and i feel sorry for these people

MBTI
    ENTP

Ya rly! Why on earth would I be up swatting at 2am or all night or whatever in panic about the possibility of failing an exam? FFS, I've already considered the worst case scenario ages ago (me failing the exam) and I've long been aware that there are many other options open to me should this occur, all equally acceptable. In fact, I already barely even know why I'm taking the damned exam. So like, I'm chillin' with mah homiez, drinking beer and watching a movie
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Ya rly! Why on earth would I be up swatting at 2am or all night or whatever in panic about the possibility of failing an exam?
    Now staying up til 2am cause I get caught up in some new/exciting project...that's more likely!

I don't see why I should choose to do something I really dislike, I mean if it's not actually necessary (and most things aren't), and I really don't like it... what's the point?
    There has to be a very good reason for me to do something I don't want to do, doing things for the sake of doing things does not make sense to me.
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    entropie, some people will never experience what it is like to have p-ness, and i feel sorry for these people
    I'm one of those...

p.s. loved your Amazing Post. You know which one I'm talking about.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah and also doing things for fear of what might happen if you don't do them, that doesn't make much sense to me either... I'd rather being doing things because I like doing them. Cos pretty much anything you can do, like you say, will have unknowable consequences, leading to unforeseeable opportunities... I could pass the exams and go to college and get an ace job... only to have my wife leave me for the mailman and become a prozac-propped executive with a Ferrari and a big fat midlife crisis lol

Contrarywise, I could fail the exam and through a chain of unintended events wind up scoring a job that pays all I need, working for a boss that's a joy to work for, through which I meet my perfect soul mate and live a life of simple contentment.

"Succeeding" is no guarantee of happiness, and taking the less prestigious route doesn't exclude the possibility of comfortable living. In short, life throws all kinds of curves at you, best to be able to ride those waves to home and dry, rather than stick your head down into the water and plough relentlessly forward, only to find you went past your paradise island several miles back... lol
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Yeah and also doing things for fear of what might happen if you don't do them, that doesn't make much sense to me either... I'd rather being doing things because I like doing them. Cos pretty much anything you can do, like you say, will have unknowable consequences, leading to unforeseeable opportunities...
    One of the foundations of basically all xNTP's philosophies.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Yeah and also doing things for fear of what might happen if you don't do them, that doesn't make much sense to me either... I'd rather being doing things because I like doing them. Cos pretty much anything you can do, like you say, will have unknowable consequences, leading to unforeseeable opportunities... I could pass the exams and go to college and get an ace job... only to have my wife leave me for the mailman and become a prozac-propped executive with a Ferrari and a big fat midlife crisis lol

Contrarywise, I could fail the exam and through a chain of unintended events wind up scoring a job that pays all I need, working for a boss that's a joy to work for, through which I meet my perfect soul mate and live a life of simple contentment.

"Succeeding" is no guarantee of happiness, and taking the less prestigious route doesn't exclude the possibility of comfortable living. In short, life throws all kinds of curves at you, best to be able to ride those waves to home and dry, rather than stick your head down into the water and plough relentlessly forward, only to find you went past your paradise island several miles back... lol
    Exactly. That's why when "bad" things happen, it doesn't really bother me that much, how do I know anything else would actually have been better? Also, things always seem to work out good for me in the end. I've often wondered if I actually lead a charmed life or it's more my attitude. When you focus on opportunities, each new situation, whether bad or good, brings more possibilities... and I don't know how, but everything always works out!
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I think the only times I enjoy being a P is when I can change things around..so on a more detailed looks..if I say to myself I'm going to do something, then change my mind and do something else, I don't feel any regret at all..if that makes sense?..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?