User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 166

  1. #61
    actinomycetes raindancing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Why does it have to be done?
    Do I have an exam tomorrow for which I've not studied at all the entire year?
    In which case I don't set the alarm for 2am. I stay up all night making up acronyms and mnemonics.
    Actually I never set the alarm for then because I'm almost always still awake by then anyway. I'd have to set the alarm to be out of the house before 9am though. In fact, even before 10... I set my alarm this morning because I had to take my kids to a piano lesson at 11.

    The only thing that could induce me to think that 'has to be done' would be something like an exam the next morning. But even then no, I don't think I would. I'd figure, meh, I'll do what I can and if I fail, retake it. Or consider other options.
    Finally, a kindred spirit!!!

    Thinking specifically, I can't figure out what would actually induce me to set the alarm for 2am (other than the aforementioned plane flight)... really if something was THAT important I doubt I'd be able to sleep anyway, so I just wouldn't go to bed.
    “Can a man of perception respect himself at all?”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

  2. #62
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    What is it like to P, xD I really do not know
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  3. #63
    Senior Member Grayscale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    istp
    Posts
    1,962

    Default

    entropie, some people will never experience what it is like to have p-ness, and i feel sorry for these people

  4. #64
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    Ya rly! Why on earth would I be up swatting at 2am or all night or whatever in panic about the possibility of failing an exam? FFS, I've already considered the worst case scenario ages ago (me failing the exam) and I've long been aware that there are many other options open to me should this occur, all equally acceptable. In fact, I already barely even know why I'm taking the damned exam. So like, I'm chillin' with mah homiez, drinking beer and watching a movie
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

  5. #65
    actinomycetes raindancing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Ya rly! Why on earth would I be up swatting at 2am or all night or whatever in panic about the possibility of failing an exam?
    Now staying up til 2am cause I get caught up in some new/exciting project...that's more likely!

    I don't see why I should choose to do something I really dislike, I mean if it's not actually necessary (and most things aren't), and I really don't like it... what's the point?
    There has to be a very good reason for me to do something I don't want to do, doing things for the sake of doing things does not make sense to me.
    “Can a man of perception respect himself at all?”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

  6. #66
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    entropie, some people will never experience what it is like to have p-ness, and i feel sorry for these people
    I'm one of those...

    p.s. loved your Amazing Post. You know which one I'm talking about.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  7. #67
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    Yeah and also doing things for fear of what might happen if you don't do them, that doesn't make much sense to me either... I'd rather being doing things because I like doing them. Cos pretty much anything you can do, like you say, will have unknowable consequences, leading to unforeseeable opportunities... I could pass the exams and go to college and get an ace job... only to have my wife leave me for the mailman and become a prozac-propped executive with a Ferrari and a big fat midlife crisis lol

    Contrarywise, I could fail the exam and through a chain of unintended events wind up scoring a job that pays all I need, working for a boss that's a joy to work for, through which I meet my perfect soul mate and live a life of simple contentment.

    "Succeeding" is no guarantee of happiness, and taking the less prestigious route doesn't exclude the possibility of comfortable living. In short, life throws all kinds of curves at you, best to be able to ride those waves to home and dry, rather than stick your head down into the water and plough relentlessly forward, only to find you went past your paradise island several miles back... lol
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yeah and also doing things for fear of what might happen if you don't do them, that doesn't make much sense to me either... I'd rather being doing things because I like doing them. Cos pretty much anything you can do, like you say, will have unknowable consequences, leading to unforeseeable opportunities...
    One of the foundations of basically all xNTP's philosophies.

  9. #69
    actinomycetes raindancing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yeah and also doing things for fear of what might happen if you don't do them, that doesn't make much sense to me either... I'd rather being doing things because I like doing them. Cos pretty much anything you can do, like you say, will have unknowable consequences, leading to unforeseeable opportunities... I could pass the exams and go to college and get an ace job... only to have my wife leave me for the mailman and become a prozac-propped executive with a Ferrari and a big fat midlife crisis lol

    Contrarywise, I could fail the exam and through a chain of unintended events wind up scoring a job that pays all I need, working for a boss that's a joy to work for, through which I meet my perfect soul mate and live a life of simple contentment.

    "Succeeding" is no guarantee of happiness, and taking the less prestigious route doesn't exclude the possibility of comfortable living. In short, life throws all kinds of curves at you, best to be able to ride those waves to home and dry, rather than stick your head down into the water and plough relentlessly forward, only to find you went past your paradise island several miles back... lol
    Exactly. That's why when "bad" things happen, it doesn't really bother me that much, how do I know anything else would actually have been better? Also, things always seem to work out good for me in the end. I've often wondered if I actually lead a charmed life or it's more my attitude. When you focus on opportunities, each new situation, whether bad or good, brings more possibilities... and I don't know how, but everything always works out!
    “Can a man of perception respect himself at all?”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

  10. #70
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    I think the only times I enjoy being a P is when I can change things around..so on a more detailed looks..if I say to myself I'm going to do something, then change my mind and do something else, I don't feel any regret at all..if that makes sense?..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Similar Threads

  1. [ISFP] How is it possible to be an enneagram 5 ISFP?
    By captain curmudgeon in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-21-2016, 02:06 AM
  2. [MBTItm] How is it possible to be Enneagram 4/INTJ?
    By Misty_Mountain_Rose in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-02-2014, 05:45 PM
  3. What is it like to be N-inferior?
    By Chanaynay in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-14-2014, 12:14 AM
  4. What is it like to be human?
    By Grayscale in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-07-2008, 01:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO