User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I've yet to meet a J who's laughed when a situation has turned entirely to shit. There are exceptions (certainly on this forum), but I find most Js need a good run-up and advance warning to muster any kind of sense of humour at all. But that "Wow, this couldn't be turning out any worse" laugh seems to be the P domain.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Do we even dare to argue that by all accounts, you are a "P" since you dominate with a perceiving function (Ni) and since Myers-Briggs only proposes that we should develop our auxililary to be healthy, she never implied that it was a given? Ergo, you may be better at telling dominant judging types (Ti/Fi) what it's like.
    Well, I argue that Myers got it wrong there, causing a shit-ton of erroneous notions which have spread like a plague through type study on the whole.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I've yet to meet a J who's laughed when a situation has turned entirely to shit. There are exceptions (certainly on this forum), but I find most Js need a good run-up and advance warning to muster any kind of sense of humour at all. But that "Wow, this couldn't be turning out any worse" laugh seems to be the P domain.
    This is very much true. When plans go awry, J's (or at least people who I think are J's) find very little humor in the state of the situation.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    This is very much true. When plans go awry, J's (or at least people who I think are J's) find very little humor in the state of the situation.

True, very true. This morning, my boyfriend (J) overslept, causing him to miss his plane. He could book one later, but this caused his entire scedule to be at jeopardy. Oddly enough, I did the same thing on Friday and was unable to meet my ride to get to Holland, causing me to miss the morning part of a class I am following.

Though we were both equally pissed and stressed in the beginning, I was able to figure out a train route to Holland and still enjoy the class in the afternoon and get home in a good mood. He on the other hand did figure out how to get another plane, but I know that if I call him tonight, he's still going to be stressed and in a foul mood.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    To me J's may seem harsh only in that they are more definite about things that they really should not be definite about.
    It's a bit ironic that this statement is excessively definite, too - that "should"
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    However, I think intimidation comes more from the T/F dimension. I can see how an FP would find a TJ intimidating, but I think it has more to do with T and F.
    Once again is see your argument and I agree with it but not completly.
    It is true that F/T can make things much worse.
    But even TPs can be intimidated if what you are planning lacks spontaneity for a larger degree.
    But what is actually intimidating is that when plan works it is an attack on their way of doing things.
    Ps usually feel uncomfortable with killing options and yet I am killing options and it still works. Probably intimidation is too hard word for this, but this can make them uncomfortable to some degree. What is again a form of intimidation.
    The trick is not in killing of option(s) or not it is in when option should be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    True, very true. This morning, my boyfriend (J) overslept, causing him to miss his plane. He could book one later, but this caused his entire scedule to be at jeopardy. Oddly enough, I did the same thing on Friday and was unable to meet my ride to get to Holland, causing me to miss the morning part of a class I am following.

Though we were both equally pissed and stressed in the beginning, I was able to figure out a train route to Holland and still enjoy the class in the afternoon and get home in a good mood. He on the other hand did figure out how to get another plane, but I know that if I call him tonight, he's still going to be stressed and in a foul mood.

Would you mind telling me his type?
    I will accept guess if you don't know.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Would you mind telling me his type?
    I will accept guess if you don't know.
    INTJ Efficiency is his middle name, so him being late for a plane is something he takes very personally and beats himself up for, which he then in turn took out on the airline he was flying with as their emergency phoneline was not manned, causing him to wait till they actually got in at 9 am and answered the phone in order to resolve the mess *grin*
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Once again is see your argument and I agree with it but not completly.
    It is true that F/T can make things much worse.
    But even TPs can be intimidated if what you are planning lacks spontaneity for a larger degree.
    But what is actually intimidating is that when plan works it is an attack on their way of doing things.
    Ps usually feel uncomfortable with killing options and yet I am killing options and it still works. Probably intimidation is too hard word for this, but this can make them uncomfortable to some degree. What is again a form of intimidation.
    The trick is not in killing of option(s) or not it is in when option should be killed.
    This is probably true, but it just as easily goes the other way. J's get scared when P's don't have much of a plan or when the change the plan in the middle of the activity. The "intimidation" goes both ways equally.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    It's a bit ironic that this statement is excessively definite, too - that "should"
    People interpret the word "should" with different levels of definiteness. I doubt I meant it the way you are thinking.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

So wouldn't it be a lot more productive to have J's draw up the plans to follow, and P's step up to the plate when things go awry, so that J's don't have to stress?

(I am aware this is easier said than done)
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    So wouldn't it be a lot more productive to have J's draw up the plans to follow, and P's step up to the plate when things go awry, so that J's don't have to stress?

(I am aware this is easier said than done)
    That happens to me at work somewhat frequently
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so