User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis_Brandon View Post
    What are everyone's thoughts about this perspective on Ps?

You Might be a "P".... ~ THE MBTI BLOG

I realize that it was written more for a laugh than for serious analysis. But based on what has been discussed in this thread so far, it seems kind of off the mark to me.
    LOL! It seems pretty accurate to me!

Uhh. Well, I've tested as P recently. Nevertheless, I've planned to make 50-60hrs work a week for a month now, to pay my credit bills and to have some extra cash for an emergency. I've experimented with how much work I can do after what amount of sleep, for the purpose of squeezing most out of me in the least time possible. I plan to invest my time carefully, for relaxing things to do, something that will improve my ability to work. In the meantime, I'm organizing my monetary arrangements so I'll have the most money after this project.

Afterwards, I plan to divide my time with work and free time more carefully, with me doing 40-46hrs work per week, using little money for my living and saving the rest. I'll invest the money on a one-year education to become a certified systems administrator. Later on, I'll plan to get a day job in systems administration, and continue my education in computer science, to become a Master of Science in about 5 years.

I calculate the rewards and risks for being punctual or random in each case. For example. I felt like drinking 6 beers the last night; today work didn't go well, so I'll have to restrain myself from doing anything like that again. I invite my girlfriend to come at my place and expect her to come at any time; she's late, no worries - I've spent my happily playing computer games. I collapse early due to heavy work earlier in the day; no worries, I ask her to make food this time.

I regret for my GF being uncompetitive and spending money as it comes. I'm into much more organized spending. I want to earn first, then spend. I've planned my general investment strategy, too, and how much money I need to start it up efficiently.

So, this is what it means to be a P for me.

Oh and free time? I'm playing wow. I've calculated what is the most efficient way to get my characters to my goal level, and where they'll be good at. I've deviated from the plan somewhat, and it bothers me. OTOH, I made great gold (virtual ingame money) with some good sales, so I guess it's OK to have altered my plans somewhat.

When have I done the last really impulsive thing? I had a few friends at my house last saturday, and we watched a movie and had a free-flowing chat.

So, 2 hours of impulsive stuff for me last week, and 100 hours planned, goal-orientated stuff, which went about 90-95% as planned.

So should a good P be doing flip-flops on the street, singing and drinking? Doing improvisational comedy in every street corner? Canceling 90% of their meetings? Gambling their money away?
    You watched Jack bauer on 24?

I know that Js can annoy Ps but to me it looks that sometimes Ps can be intimidated by
    Js. For example rhetoric can too direct. (I know, Ps and Js are quite wide categories)

Is there any truth in this observation?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I know that Js can annoy Ps but to me it looks that sometimes Ps can be intimidated by
    Js. For example rhetoric can too direct. (I know, Ps and Js are quite wide categories)

I think feeling intimidation can be a result of various results as a reaction to one particular thing. Namely the J cutting off the options to a given situation and therefore not taking in all the information, but having a decision that ends the given situation.

Reactions can range from recoil, over intimidation, ignore the dumb J or yes he is right.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I second Entropie's view on this though I would've put it differently
    I'd say it sometimes makes you feel like you're a five year old being corrected or pressured by an adult.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yeah. I kinda intuitively read that into it though

Just to comment on this, though:

This never tends to be really be a problem for me. 99% of my life I'm "coasting". Everything is just too easy, most of the time. So there's no need to TRY. But should the need to try arise, I've a good track record of being able to just move up a gear and pwn stuff. It's like what happens is, usually I'm just aware that all this "stuff" is around me, going on... I've sorta got one eye on it, I'm aware of it, but it's all cool, I know no intervention is needed. But because I've been watching it all along, when intervention is needed, it's like I'm watching a revolving door. I know exactly when the open part's gonna come back round again, and all I've gotta do is jump when it does. So even when under great pressure, I can still just wait 'til the last minute to make up my mind and jump.

hmmm....
    i loved this...and your other one...just perfect.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post

I think intimidation has more to do with being NT than anything else. According to my wife people find me intimidating even though they find me likable as well. It seems like a weird combination to me.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Hmm, what is it like to be a P?

Well, I would imagine that you would have a head substantially bigger than the rest of your body, and which would possibly cause vertical imbalance.

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yeah and also doing things for fear of what might happen if you don't do them, that doesn't make much sense to me either... I'd rather being doing things because I like doing them. Cos pretty much anything you can do, like you say, will have unknowable consequences, leading to unforeseeable opportunities... I could pass the exams and go to college and get an ace job... only to have my wife leave me for the mailman and become a prozac-propped executive with a Ferrari and a big fat midlife crisis
    I think the bolded portion is where some of the biggest misunderstandings between J&P types stem from. We all do what we like for the most part. J's like crossing things off the list, taking tangible steps towards their goals, plowing ahead etc... It is not usually done out of fear. It is as enjoyable to a J as drinking beer with the homiez. Which, by the way, I also partake in.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Js like to do what they like to do, they (we) just like to do it in a planned manner.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp