User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 166

  1. #101
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Ah, okay. I think I see what you mean. Do you feel like you need structure/planning in most situations? Or prefer to have a goal in mind? A lot of Js I know, when they go on vacation, tend to have a list of things they want to see/accomplish, and tend to want to leave the house by a certain time in order to maximize efficiency and make the destination by sundown, etc. Of course, the Js I know might also have a touch of OCD.

    I have to say, though, the NFJs are generally pretty go-with-the-flow, IME. They might think about in advance how it might go, and might make loose plans, but then they're pretty flexible, which makes them fun to travel with.
    If I don't plan I am finished. I simply can't do anything right without plan.
    I would even dare to say that I don't know how to do anything without some plan.
    This is probably because I get 100% J on tests, or the other way around.


    On the other hand structure is not too important because there always have to be updates of the plan to gain more efficiency or to avoid some serious problems.
    Usually Ps think that all J are totally in love with structure, what is not completly true.


    If I have too think something to great detail I will do it just like Ps.
    Also I will ensure that I take enough time because screw up is something that I can't allow to happen. This is because that would mean efficiency=0.

    Because of this Introversion is actually very usefull tool because it gives you time to think and reduces the number of chaotic variables.(read - not going to vacations)
    Since I am geology student the field work we have to do is acually my vacation.

    Plus there are N and T to control the process.

    This is probably the main reason why all of my letter are above 80% ,interaction is simply too efficient.

    In short, goal is actually the only thing that really matters.
    But you must be cereful because you need be sure that you have the right goal.

  2. #102
    Rats off to ya! Mort Belfry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,237

    Default

    It's the quick closing of options that annoys me about TJs especially.

    At work, whenever I'm trying to load pieces of equipment with software or keys and a lot of equipment is faulty, I'll leave some desk space set up throughout the day for it, just because to get things done correctly means to have the equipment set up delicately.

    But there is an XSTJ that always cleans up this mess I leave and so it takes the time to set it all back up again.



    I also like a mess just because you don't know what you're going to need later on and if you throw it out earlier just to make a tidier space it seems unbeneficial. My desk at work is an absolute sty, with terminals, power supplies everywhere, but often somebody will be looking for an obscure piece of equipment that can be hard to find otherwise, but I can just pull it out instantaneously from the mass of mess on my desk.
    Why do we always come here?

    I guess we'll never know.

    It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

  3. #103
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,664

    Default

    I am finding this thread quite interesting.
    So I am asking Ps(and Js) that they read this big post.(I am author)

    The story is that one INFP wanted to become more thick skined in life and it was searching for advices.

    I am sure that many people will not agree with many things that are said here. What is actually on trial here is the way of thinking.




    This is good since it looked like you are totally lost in your life because you have P at 80% but you are bordering J.
    However there is a possibility that this information is not accurate because you want to be more J.
    And if person take a look at that well developed F, this scenario is probable.


    I think that something must be said before I get to my point.
    People with P usually say that they must be flexible and that everything would be lost without that. And they see people with high J as short sided idiots. That can be true in case when you have high S and you are very J. But if you have strong N and strong T strong J can be controlled by those two and become very useful.
    In case that this is not true ENTJ and INTJ would never be what they are.


    Here is how J is thinking.

    Instead to prepare for bad scenarios and living in fear they create plans to get an advantage in their life. After that when they get to place where they want to be they use their good position to get even better position.
    While P just waits his big problem and hopes that he/she will be ready.
    But he will probably lose because he/she stayed at first level where you are most vulnerable which is because you have small amount of options and there is no place to flee.
    Once you get to higher position and have 10 000$ per month many basic problems will not even be coming your way.



    What this means in real life?

    It means that if you stash too many things which could help you in some situations the only thing that is likely is that you will not be able to find it among all those things, at least not in advised time period and you will lose large amount of time on cleaning and repairing those things.

    How to organize?
    Put things that you need in places where you can easily grab them.
    Things which you need less put somewhere where they will be out of the way for everyday operations.
    Things you probably will not need soon can be thrown in garbage because if you are going to need them one day they will be broken or obsolete.
    Make sure that all things have their own place and that you put them in that place after use.


    On the big picture you must determine what you want from life. After you do that try to find best way to get there. Also having a master plan for your life is really not that bad because if you have it you will have standard by which you can judge things. (science and philosophy are exceptions)
    For example you must see what jobs you can do whit your education which leads to question "Is this level of education enough for me".
    But I donít have any data here so I canít help you much in this part.


    I see you are strong in verbal intelligence my advice is to use it whenever you can get something from it.
    For example I am so J that I plan my conversations. When I know that I will have to argue I scan my database about any information about my ďenemyĒ and what things he/she will likely to support and what are the flaws of that thing or process.
    Also you could create list of 15-20 simple jokes and learn them for cases when you feel stuck in social situation.
    I also make list of things/facts I want to say to other person and then try to mention them in conversation (this can help you a lot in life).


    Donít hesitate to write facts and information if they are complex.
    Try to be aware of others peoples goals, hopes and fears.
    If you work in the place where you can be easily accused for something try to see it coming and prepare your defense. By this I mean write it on the paper and try to learn as much facts from it as you can. But try to be short because your point must be represented in small amount of time. And if you know topic well you can turn accusation against the accuser who could be caught by surprise with your actions.
    Donít be too nice because people will start to use you in many ways. And there is good chance that INFP can be too friendly in working environment.
    Donít be too defensive when you know that you are wrong.
    Try to be right hand of your boss. By doing this you will probably be first candidate for the promotion and that is what you want.

    Also when you start to think this way any job will be much more interesting. Because tensions will be higher what means more excitement.

    I know that this advices from INFP perspective can be summarized as ďbecome an AntichristĒ but this is exactly what you want.



    Strong intrapersonal intelligence can help you a lot to realize what you can and what you canít do. This is possibly your greatest strength.



    What many people donít realize is that there is entire spectrum of small things that can make HUGE difference.

    Having proper body mass is just one of the factors but it is very important in business environment because it dictates how others see you.
    But even more important is that you canít have a good sleep if you are above 20% of your ideal body mass. When you sleep make sure that bed is not too soft.
    If it is too soft your back will hurt and you will not be fresh in the morning what can be fatal in many ways.

    Donít be an addict of any legal things that stimulate your senses.
    For example I donít drink coffee at all and I donít use any pills unless I am sick.
    Human body has chemical composition and every time you add something like this you are destroying the balance in your body.
    And that can reduce many things (like mental ability) through the rest of the day/life.
    I donít use any of those things but I have more energy and stronger mental abilities then people around me and I think it is just because I avoid those things.
    Plus it will save you much time, much money, time you need to buy them and prepare them and time to wash the dishes after coffee.
    All of this can take about 1h per day for an average person.
    But if you multiply that by 365 you will get 2 weeks of totally free time!!!!
    Congratulations, you have just bought yourself time to rest for real during the day and to make your future plans. Same works for smoking, alcohol, drugs/pills.
    Try to use same way of thinking about many small things in your life and suddenly you will have a lot of free time.


    It is very important to have 3 major meals and 2 minor meals during the day. This will cover your hunger over the day.
    Ideal is about 5% sweets , 25% proteins , 30% fruit and vegetables , 40% bread , pasta Ö
    What people donít get is that their body is chemical factory which canít work properly if ďraw materialsĒ that come in, suck.
    This sounds funny but stuff like this could be just what you need to get advantage over others (read: be more productive).
    In case you know that ahead of you is situation that needs quick thinking like
    exam or meeting try to eat some small amount of meat or cheese before it because that will wake you up.

    And donít think like this ďyou can do it, you can do it ď.
    What you need is ďJust do it and continue to next taskĒ.

    I would advise you to find someone for playing games like chess, risk and monopoly because that will boost your thinking and ability to make plans. Plus you will get used to offense as a way of thinking.

  4. #104
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Yes it is obvious and it is obvious because that is the most basic definition of P.


    What I want to know is why.


    Plus why Ps tend to like disarray.
    There's a certain beauty to it that is difficult to explain. Honestly, for me, there just seems to be something lacking in a structured world. Numbers are boring, predictable, and completely unromantic to me. How far I get in life is not important, but rather the connections I have with other people. I'd much rather communicate with someone from the heart, and the best way for that to happen seems to be if there is no planning involved.

    These were just some of the thoughts that went through my head, so they're going to sound rather chopped.

  5. #105
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    IST?
    Posts
    5

    Default

    What are everyone's thoughts about this perspective on Ps?

    You Might be a "P".... ~ THE MBTI BLOG

    I realize that it was written more for a laugh than for serious analysis. But based on what has been discussed in this thread so far, it seems kind of off the mark to me.

  6. #106
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,664

    Default

    Why/how is J sucking life/joy out of Ps?


    Ps often make this accusation so I ask.

  7. #107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Why/how is J sucking life/joy out of Ps?


    Ps often make this accusation so I ask.
    I don't like getting organized, I always feel drained and down afterwards.

  8. #108
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Genesis View Post
    I don't like getting organized, I always feel drained and down afterwards.
    I know that part but I am looking for something deeper.

  9. #109
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one
    One of the things I am trying to prove with this thread is that being J has nothing to do with the ability to be open minded.
    Yes, I would agree with that as well. Especially since I have the tendency of wanting to know the boundaries of a situation, which makes me more aware that I may not be setting good boundaries, and that forces me reconsider the situation. Seems similar to what you've said over the course of the last page.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  10. #110
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I know that part but I am looking for something deeper.
    I'm not sure how much deeper it can be. I hate that feeling so I tend to avoid it as much as possible. Thats all it really is.

Similar Threads

  1. [ISFP] How is it possible to be an enneagram 5 ISFP?
    By captain curmudgeon in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-21-2016, 02:06 AM
  2. [MBTItm] How is it possible to be Enneagram 4/INTJ?
    By Misty_Mountain_Rose in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-02-2014, 05:45 PM
  3. What is it like to be N-inferior?
    By Chanaynay in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-14-2014, 12:14 AM
  4. What is it like to be human?
    By Grayscale in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-07-2008, 01:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO