• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Unsure between ENFP and ENTP

Bryan129

Hey, I'm a new user here... And I'm kinda confused between being an ENFP or ENTP... People always think I'm a thinker (either just because they see me as the smart kid at school or something I don't know), while I always think of myself as a feeler... I found these questionnaires on personality cafe and I've been trying to fill them, can you help me decide on it?
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
people's image if me as a thinker is different from my image of myself being a feeler. I also struggle between the need to be true to myself while seeking acceptance from others.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I yearn for having many friends and freely sharing my thoughts and opinions. I also yearn for freedom of expression.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
it made me feels great when I decide something on myself, doing something (either good/bad) with my own conscience. It also made me feels great to know that there are people I can talk about my thoughts with, sharing opinions and possibility with, without being judged.
4) What makes you feel inferior?
my incompetence in sports and being perceived as docile and taken easily compared to other people
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
first, I usually reflect on my morals (whether it is right or wrong for me, deciding whether I really want it or not. then, I ask people if I make the right decisions. I feel insecure if I make decisions without any affirmation of somebody else, while I also feel immoral to decide things that goes against my values. I usually obey rules if there's no reason to break them, because I don't want to get into any trouble after I make that decision.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
if it is a group project, I put emphasis on everyone having their hands on that project, and creating a unique and original result compared to other project. If it is an individual project, I want to put emphasis on authenticity. I want to do something that reflects what I believe in and something that spells out “myself”, even if other people don't like it.
7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
it was a great time for me, since I could go anywhere without restrictions and connect to everyone.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I would first learn theory, try some simple methods, then improvises as I learn. I like to improvise because it tests my skills more
9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I don't think I’m very organized, as I often forget about things and… yeah
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I usually looks for proofs of that idea, and based on those external informations and my own observation, I then improvise on a theory on myself.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I don't really care about a group dynamics, actually, and many times I'm kinda annoyed when somebody tells me to be solid to the group and to be nice to people just because it’s what to do. I know they're right, but it makes me uncomfortable. I'm more on the principle of, “I’d do it if I want to”. But sometimes, I do stick to the group even in bad times because I don’t want to get a bad publicity of a runaway.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
people who think before they speak is kind of a turn off for me, as they come off as systematic and robotic. But, I don’t know about myself either. Mostly, when I talk to people, I talk about irrelevant stuffs that don't mean anything. And often, I talk so much that sometimes it feels inappropriate. I prefer group discussions.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I often jump into action right away then regret it, and I would ask for a turnback. Actions speaks louder than words, though.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
the show can wait… I can watch it online. My friends can’t wait, tho.
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I often tell people to shut up if they constantly talk to me. And usually, I would distance myself for a while, and then talk about my problem with someone.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
the emptiness of their emotions (fakeness), how they always want to plan ahead for 5-10 years ahead. I know they're right, but again, they bug me.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I love talking about possibilities, what ifs, and philosophical matters with people, it’s just that they won't listen.
18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
administration stuffs, I give it away to other people.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
a friend said I was uncaring of my girlfriend, and that I was open minded. Another said I was cheerful, yet I joke at inappropriate times. Mostly people either refer me as the quirky retro smart perverted guy who talk about puns, or the innocent smart nerd who can’t do sports. They rarely know my hidden layers of insecurity and bad stuffs. They were surprised when I talk about something serious (LGBT), as I don't want to talk about those stuffs to most people as they would give a blank stare on me.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I want to go to a mountain village with my friends and stay there for a day, exploring the village and the mountains, and having dinner cooked by ourselves