• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Common Interests of INs?

Lexlike

MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
4w5
Some of us like to study about studying...which seems really creepy now that I have written it but this has only helped me succeed in college! :smile:

well, thats one thing i m doing now too... so if you could help me with some info, that would be great!

Usehername

On a mission
I think the cycling thing may very well be true but it seems to me to play into the stereotype of INXX being un-athletic. Yes I know cycling is extremely demanding as are some of those other sports you listed, but I think the key thing is why they enjoy it which is what I'm sure your post was getting at. I pretty much was in contact with and interacted with athletes for a large majority of my life and I think the difference's played out most in the tactics, practice methods, and interaction with coach and audience( teammates, parents, peers..etc)

I don't know about unathletic... I personally know two NHL players that are INxx types; my INTJ classmate is a world-class competitor in a racquet sport (albeit he practices between chemistry labs :yes:), INFP friend is the most agile guy that can weave through anything in any sport which makes him a fantastic football/soccer/etc. player; INFP brother will likely play University hockey like my ENFP father and another cousin did...

And you're not really considering the cyclists that do Tour de France style racing. That's plenty of mental strategy knowing when to attack, when to wheelsuck... it's all a game of chess while you're sweating away.

Ilah

MBTI Type
INTJ
Science fiction (and fantasy) conventions, gaming conventions (role playing games). Almost everyone there is Ni dominant and the rest are probably Ni seconday.

Anyone else like live theater? My INTJ friend and I have season tkts to the best regional theater in town, figuring all shows will provide food for thought...

I do like live theater. My husband and I are starting our second year of being season ticket holders. It is a little unusual for me, since I am not normally much into going out. But I find the theather croud is more quiet and reserved than the people in movies. Plus I find I like the plays quit a bit, and there is more to talk about with the plays than most movies - they have a bit more depth. Although I have been known to analize even superfical movies to death. Something about a live performance is appealing, something deep and meaningful I can't really explain.

I enjoy live performances, but in smaller venues, with an audience that isn't roudy or drunk. I like live music, but seldom find any in smaller venues with people that haven't been drinking.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't know about unathletic... I personally know two NHL players that are INxx types; my INTJ classmate is a world-class competitor in a racquet sport (albeit he practices between chemistry labs :yes:), INFP friend is the most agile guy that can weave through anything in any sport which makes him a fantastic football/soccer/etc. player; INFP brother will likely play University hockey like my ENFP father and another cousin did...

And you're not really considering the cyclists that do Tour de France style racing. That's plenty of mental strategy knowing when to attack, when to wheelsuck... it's all a game of chess while you're sweating away.

Actually that was the point I was trying to get across. You did a much better job of actually giving examples though. I agree whole heartedly though that its not about athletic or not athletic but more so the strategy used.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I hate studying. I like learning, :D

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP

Ain't that a B****, I'm always reading or thinking about something with an almost unhealthy passion. Unfortunately it rarely coincides with what I'm supposed to be studying.:doh:

MBTI Type
INxJ
I like molecular biology and genetics. Star Trek, anime, plotting, debate, and fencing.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Anyone else like live theater? My INTJ friend and I have season tkts to the best regional theater in town, figuring all shows will provide food for thought...

:yes: love the arts particularly live theatre, music and photography. Get involved with helping out a local theatre company during our Fringe festival I love it that much.

Amen.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Well I love to read, especially about fantasy..I like to listen to music..a lot..and I like to run. I like exploring the internet, seeing new things, and I like outer space more the most part

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
I'll take teh internet for a thousand, Alex.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Anyone else have an Amazon Kindle yet? Forced into it by airline weight restrictions, meaning it was getting difficult to bring along my current literary, sci-fi, and fluff novel as well as a nonfiction book, never knowing what I'd want to read in a hotel room.

But now that I have it...you can get all of Dickens for 99 cents! Old sci fi classics, Trollope, dual editions of Greg Bear, etc. It sits perfectly on the elliptical machine and you can increase the font size, pedal away. You can look up words instantaneously.

It has to be a traveling IN's dream...

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Anyone else have an Amazon Kindle yet? Forced into it by airline weight restrictions, meaning it was getting difficult to bring along my current literary, sci-fi, and fluff novel as well as a nonfiction book, never knowing what I'd want to read in a hotel room.

But now that I have it...you can get all of Dickens for 99 cents! Old sci fi classics, Trollope, dual editions of Greg Bear, etc. It sits perfectly on the elliptical machine and you can increase the font size, pedal away. You can look up words instantaneously.

It has to be a traveling IN's dream...

I always thought about getting one of those...would save tons of space.