123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    STFU
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    ILE None

Default Is being talkative got something to do with extraversion/introversion?

Or this is just a cliché?!

Because this makes me rethink my type you know, I'm not really a talkative type of person. Yeah I'm really not. [emoji14] It's very effort to talk actually haha. XD i just prefer to listen i guess and just comment. The only time i can be talkative is when i am very interested and very excited about something. That's all. [emoji14]

Are there extroverts there who ain't talkative?!

MBTI
    isfp

I am 100% an introvert, but when I'm in a group that I'm comfortable with I can be very talkative and a jokester; an observer who doesn't know me might think I'm an ESP in those moments.

But around strangers or people I don't know well I am super mega quiet and reserved (stand-offish even, I guess). For the most part I'm more of a listener than a talker. I can relate with the idea that it's an effort to talk. It really is for me, often. :-P
    "The temple is holy because it is not for sale" - Pound
    Likes kotoshinohaisha liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

For me, it depends. With people who are close, I like to talk a lot, or rather, I like to communicate well and often. People at work all claim that I am quiet though, I tend to communicate on a Te level, "I'm done.", "I need more information.", "This is the current project status." The job is kind of rife with e3s and various Fe stackings for which the common 'communication' style is bragging about accomplishments and sharing memes, I find that stuff pretty boring.

I have to say, some of the biggest talkers and worst communicators I personally have run into have been Introverts, there's just nothing worse than an ISTJ talking at you about his Jeep for the millionth time, or an INTJ who hasn't noticed that you don't care about DOTA and are continually trying to unsuccessfully change the subject.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    STFU
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy-Flux View Post
    I am 100% an introvert, but when I'm in a group that I'm comfortable with I can be very talkative and a jokester; an observer who doesn't know me might think I'm an ESP in those moments.

But around strangers or people I don't know well I am super mega quiet and reserved (stand-offish even, I guess). For the most part I'm more of a listener than a talker. I can relate with the idea that it's an effort to talk. It really is for me, often. :-P
    Oh i really think I'm an introvert i guess.. But when i compare myself to my introvert friends i feel very Extroverted. XD

I think I'm an ambivert. Ambiversion deserves to exist

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

depends on the situation. introverts get talkative when they can talk about themselves
    Likes kotoshinohaisha, Legion liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    STFU
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    For me, it depends. With people who are close, I like to talk a lot, or rather, I like to communicate well and often. People at work all claim that I am quiet though, I tend to communicate on a Te level, "I'm done.", "I need more information.", "This is the current project status." The job is kind of rife with e3s and various Fe stackings for which the common 'communication' style is bragging about accomplishments and sharing memes, I find that stuff pretty boring.

I have to say, some of the biggest talkers and worst communicators I personally have run into have been Introverts, there's just nothing worse than an ISTJ talking at you about his Jeep for the millionth time, or an INTJ who hasn't noticed that you don't care about DOTA and are continually trying to unsuccessfully change the subject.
    Hahahahah geez yeah that's right!! I knoe an INFP guy who is very inclined with politics!! He doesn't stop forever.. Like he's very talkative about it hahaha. It's so boring for me because i don't like politics really. I'm aware but i just don't give a fuck about something you cannot do anything about.
    And then an INTp, hahahaha! He used to share and talk alot of things too like he just talk and i was like saying "uhuh" pretendedly xD then the worse case is, he'll gonna ask a question, i wonder what to answer, I'll ask him to repeat everything what he said hahaha. And he'll get really frustrated at me. XD and I'll make fun of him. Hahahaha.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Depends. I can be very talkative if it's a topic I like or know a lot about. On the other hand, I can speak very little to not at all at other times.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

There are extroverts who are shy, but get their energy from being around other people. There are also plenty of talkative introverts, but need time alone every so often to recharge. The extrovert/introvert dichotomy doesn't necessarily correlate with chattiness. As an introvert, I do fit the silent stereotype, but that is just me.
    Like you - I am broken and fragile.
    Like you - I am tasting my heart for the first time.

- Christian Death, The Drowning
    Likes kotoshinohaisha, There, Nørrsken, Typh0n liked this post

Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ne

The definition of extroversion used by Jung and the one used by, say, the standard modern psychology sources like Big 5 (to which the MBTI test correlates even more than Jung), are not quite the same. Being talkative is a solid part of the latter. The most important part of the former is the internal/external dichotomy (mind vs external).

That's one dimension of this issue. The other dimension of this issue is that even if talkative is an aspect of extraversion in some versions of E/I, there's the factor that it isn't the only aspect of it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Once I get comfortable around a group of people and I feel as if we all vibe pretty well together, I can get very chatty and like to make jokes and have fun.

However, despite all that, afterwards I feel better have scratched that social itch and it feels so good to be quiet and alone to attend to my thoughts.