User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Not true. There are a lot of other things you can do. Rehabilitation is one. Ignoring it is another.

When you talk about searching for what's behind a crime you descend into a highly subjective area. We will perhaps never have a model which can perfectly compute cause and effect in human behaviour. We have to work with what we have and our decisions must be pragmatic and for the greater good.
    This would tend towards a generalist approach, rather than an individualistic one.

But all this is a digression...
    Rehabilition is not less subjective than searching for what's behind a crime. It's done by persons, so it will always be subjective.
    Then again, I'm not saying that justice shouldn't be executed that way. Just that if for really solving things, it should be known what's behind all, what causes people to commit crimes and see what can be done with that.
    Just punishing doesn't seem to work very much. Criminals are not afraid by punishment, and you can see that in the US where there's death penalty. But of course, trying to clean society is impossible. That's why I know that what I think is futile.
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    What would that look like in practice?
    Simple if someone is considering some sort of disciplinary action be taken, thinkers are usually going to say this is our policy/practice and it should be considered from the point. Feelers are going to consider the circumstances of why the person did what they did and consider an alternate action based on the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Everyone should be treated as an individual. That's fair.

If I murder someone the circumstances should be taken into account. All murder is not the same. It's not like treating people as individuals means being soft on them. It means taking into account the situation and taking appropriate action.
    Treating someone individually is not the same as having bias.
    This. How can circumstances not be taken into consideration?

These rules and policy are based on circumstances, otherwise we'd have no such thing as degrees for murder.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    This. How can circumstances not be taken into consideration?

These rules and policy are based on circumstances, otherwise we'd have no such thing as degrees for murder.
    No, they're based on precedents.

There are some laws that take circumstances into account, but that doesn't mean that people have to agree with them. For instance, I think the the insanity and post-partum depression defenses are bullshit.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    T - Everyone should be treated fairly.
    F - Everyone should be treated as an individual.

What say you?
    Everyone should be treated fairly, with respect for their individuality.

MBTI
    ENTP

I think everyone should be treated equally unfairly with special consideration paid to their unique individual needs, in order to maximize injustice and pain.
    I don't wanna!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    I think everyone should be treated equally unfairly with special consideration paid to their unique individual needs, in order to maximize injustice and pain.
    In order to maximize injustice, the amount of pain dispensed should be random.

MBTI
    ENTP

It's random, but only to those without my knowledge of individual uniqueness.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    F, imo, is more "Everyone should be treated well nicely." Not to say it's 100% accurate.
    As usual, I'm late to the party. But I'd make one adjustment to this, as above.

I mean, it's Te that minimizes individuality, not Ti. To me individuality is very important and Fi is my weakest function. Plus, I've known Fe types to have the mentality that everyone should be treated their definition of 'well', that is, how they believe everyone wants to be treated. Often without actual consideration of the individual's quirks and whatever.

So in fact, I don't think T is about fairness even. If anything is about equality, treating people EQUALLY (weakness: forgetting individual differences of need), then it's Xe. Whilst Xi is about individuality (weakness: not considering place of own actions in wider context).

The T and F difference I'd say would be more like this:

T - everyone should be treated (and be expected to behave) reasonably
    F - everyone should be treated (and be expected to behave) nicely
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    T - Everyone should be treated fairly.
    F - Everyone should be treated as an individual.

What say you?
    I think everyone should be treated fairly,
    and to treat every person on an individual basis is to play favorites.

If a law is established stating that the speed limit is 30 on a certain road, and I am the only one driving 30 on that road and everyone else is getting away with driving 40, that makes me mad,
    especially when some of the people going 40 are rude to me and tailgate me because I am obeying the law.