• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sensors in MBTI

Secret Squirrel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm surprised by how many sensors are in this forum! I didn't expect to see this. Most of the sensors I know seem to roll their eyes at the thought of Myers-Briggs. So, it's actually kind of cool to see so many sensors!

So, I'm interested, how did you guys get into Myers-Briggs? (intuitives can tell their stories too)

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I just took the test and thought it was interesting. Learned more about it. Somehow ended up here.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
My ISFJ dad was into it, so I took the test at a really young age, probably too young (10) and got ESFP. Forgot about it for a few more years, got INFP a few times, then it just popped into my mind sometime my sophomore year. I really wanted to figure out where I fit on the scale. I dunno, I like finding stuff out about myself and I really like categories (that inferior Ti, lol). Eventually I just got hooked.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I didn't know I was a sensor. :ninja:

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
At first i thought i was an intuitive, like i thought my dom function is Ne.. But i figured it's actually Se. [emoji14]
When i tried to check the difference between esfp and enfp, i get esfp. [emoji14]
Sometimes I'm an estp too.. I dunno, but i really feel i am very intuitive as well. Compared to people who we're tagged as an Ne, i feel like I'm more of an intuitive than them. [emoji14] well, compared with Ne peeps, i feel more like a sensor. So i am actually in the middle. [emoji14]

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
Was so tried of the intuitive snobbery, sensory much beta
Yes. Sensors are less problems, more happier than intuitives.. Thats why im trying to be more inclined on my sensor side

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
:shrug: I actually know quite a few sensors who like MBTI. SFs in particular like tools to understand themselves on a deeper level. Plus, the majority of the population are actually S types. If none of use were interested, I don't think MBTI would have really taken off the way it did.

I also feel compelled to add that all the people I know who think personality types are hogwash are actually N types. They "don't want to be put in a box." :unicorn:

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I also feel compelled to add that all the people I know who think personality types are hogwash are actually N types. They "don't want to be put in a box." :unicorn:

Yeah I definitely heard the "don't want to be put in a box" argument before. Or "you can't put people in boxes". By an INTJ for instance.
I try to argue that the way our brain is wired, or the way our brain patterns work, can be categorized to some extent just like the color of our hair can be, but usually to no avail. Then I stop insisting.

It's quite surprising too actually how many people just don't want to know anything about it. I think a lot of people don't like delving into their own mind. Which makes me somewhat suspicious of them ;)

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
First got into MBTI in middle school, scored ISTP for a few years, until it became obvious that I'm a Ne-Si user in some order. Probably more Ti-Si than Ti-Ne.
I still see a lot of bias towards the sensors, though. And some élitism towards the intuitives.

Gypsy-Flux

I've dabbled in mbti for some time, out of boredom. At first I got INFP and INTJ a number of times. It wasn't until I got a better grasp of the essence of temperaments to realize where my tendencies lie.

It's just something fun to think about for me, I'm in my head so often so why not introspect a little.

Secret Squirrel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, this thread has been a real eye-opener. I have definitely updated my impression of who is interested in mbti. A lot of you sensors are really knowledgeable about the functions and everything too. (something I only recently became aware of) Honestly, the only reason I got back into mbti(i never dismissed it, just lost some of my initial obsession over it) was when I learned more about the functions in depth.

Part of this disinterest was also because back then I didn't know if I was INTJ or INTP. I had a teacher that first introduced me into mbti, and I was convinced I was an INTP for the longest time. Then I thought I might have 'changed' to INTJ. Now after understanding the functions more deeply, I know its my enneagram that made me look more INTPish all along.(and that I was always INTJ)

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I went through a really hard time over last summer so got into self-discovery tools and spent way too much time on Pinterest. *nodnod*

GavinElster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
S in the MBTI test is not quite what I think many associate to sensation in functions theory, which originated with Jung, and in which sensation and thinking was the classic science orientation. I'd guess a huge ton of the average scientists would be NTs, not STs, in the test.

GavinElster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And in response to the OP, it's absolutely true that the average S in the MBTI test won't be as interested in personality.
But when it comes to reasonable interpretations of functions theory, not so anymore

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
I'm just pretending imma sensor but actually imma intuitive