• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help Me Revise My Test

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A while ago I made this test: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/online-personality-tests/88576-sensing-intuition-test.html

This is a questionnaire to help revise it. Please only fill out this questionnaire if you're okay with me using your answer(s), or a variation of your answer(s), on the new version.

1. What is your MBTI type?
2. You are taking a philosophy class. Your teacher asks you to prove pain is real. How would you go about doing so?
3. What are numbers?
4. Describe your moral system.
5. You would like to learn a new skill. Let’s say gardening. How would you go about doing so?
6. You would like to learn a new skill. Let's say astronomy. How would you go about doing so?
7. You are walking through a city. What are you paying attention to? (If you're paying attention to your thoughts, describe what you're thinking about.)
8. Describe how you collect information, what sort of information you're interested in collecting, and why.
9. Describe how you process information, what sort of information you're interested in processing, and why.
10. Describe what interacting with a) strangers, b) aquaintances, and c) friends, is like for you.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ENFP. Though I've been questioning that a little lately...

2. You are taking a philosophy class. Your teacher asks you to prove pain is real. How would you go about doing so?
My proof would be all of human conditioning. Pain is just one of the many ways your body tells you something is wrong. If pain wasn't real, what's stopping you from setting yourself on fire?

3. What are numbers?
A theoretical way to label physical things.

Live and let live. Aim for the top because someone will always be on the bottom. Having fun's not hard when you have a library card. There are always success in failure.

5. You would like to learn a new skill. Let’s say gardening. How would you go about doing so?
Probably awfully. I'm not very patient and getting dirty isn't really fun.

6. You would like to learn a new skill. Let's say astronomy. How would you go about doing so?
Amazingly. I can draw, form theory, and follow formulas pretty easily and quickly.

7. You are walking through a city. What are you paying attention to?
The people and the overall culture.

8. Describe how you collect information, what sort of information you're interested in collecting, and why.
Experiment. Push then record. I don't know how to answer the second one.

9. Describe how you process information, what sort of information you're interested in processing, and why.
I look at what's happening and where that's headed. Then I think about what that means to me. Then I act accordingly.

10. Describe what interacting with a) strangers, b) aquaintances, and c) friends, is like for you.
Interacting with strangers is really easy and fun. I like it because it's exciting.
Acquaintances are fun too, I guess.
Friends are difficult and require a lot of effort. Not as fun. The more I know you the more on edge I am around you.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A while ago I made this test: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/online-personality-tests/88576-sensing-intuition-test.html

This is a questionnaire to help revise it. Please only fill out this questionnaire if you're okay with me using your answer(s), or a variation of your answer(s), on the new version.

Unknown

I argue pain is a subjective experience determined by signals sent to our brain and is one way of the universe "feeling" itself. I argue pain is an abstract concept like all words we use to give meaning to "raw" experience. If he or she says that's not adequate then I offer to poke him or her in the ribs.

3. What are numbers?

Symbols we use to measure the world as we experience it. The basis of the universal language.

Basic. Treat all with basic respect and be aware each of us is struggling through a personal battle.

Go to the library/read Wikipedia; try my hand and practice until I become competent.

Read some books, buy a telescope. Spend night under stars.

7. You are walking through a city. What are you paying attention to? (If you're paying attention to your thoughts, describe what you're thinking about.)

I'm probably noticing the vibe as well as the architecture and people, which will lead me to any number of thoughts and speculation on the culture and history of the city I'm in.

Some catalyst usually spurs me to become interested and research a topic. Usually as I'm researching i branch out into sub-topics or sometimes seemingly unrelated topics. Often I come roundabout to square one with a better understanding of the bigger picture as I draw connections and conclusions from several interweaving threads. I see many parallels and connections in different subjects. I taxonomize data/things and develop analogies to help myself better understand everything.

I sort of answered this above. Lots of different topics. Because very curious and I can't stand having questions and not pursuing answers

a) taxing and nerve wracking
b) necessary but often a waste of time
c) fun but exhausting after a point

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ENFJ.

Okay well in this moment, I'm thinking I'd hit myself. Slam my hand against something, you know, do it to myself. It would hurt, but that's pain, right? It's funny because today I remembered that the tips of the fingers and toes are the most sensitive, because of nerves. I think pain exists because it jolts and disturbs our nerves and sends them into an overdrive and we think of that as pain. The same could be said for pleasure, our nerves like being pleasured [not explicity meaning sexual here, but, you know] and they respond to that by relaxing or something.

3. What are numbers?
Things you list objects with, a way to organize things with.

Um... I try and treat others as I'd like to be treated?

Well, first I'd google it and then get books on it and try my hand at it myself. It's easy to do, at least, to plant stuff, but the trick is keeping the plants alive and what works to keep them alive.

I'd do internet research and absorb all I could. I mean, saying I couldn't go and take a course in this scenario. I do follow NASA on Instagram and that's pretty cool. I love space stuff, mostly for the pictures of the stars. They're very dreamy.

I've often taken walks in the neighbourhood before and while not in the city, as I pass each house, I wonder about the house. I wonder about the people inside, I wonder what their life is like. My brain goes somewhere and I don't necessarily create a story, but I just wonder and I guess I create something. I often wish I was living in the houses I pass.

Hmmm. I guess when I'm really into something, I kind of go all out. It's stupid but I'm interested in celebrities and movies and music, I always have been. Other stuff doesn't interest me. It's not really collecting information, but I try and get books on the subject, on Amazon, and my wish lists grow so long. But sometimes I get bored and delete them. I guess I just crave this thing and I let it fill me until I'm full and then I get rid of it all. And then, repeat. But I never really forget what I've learned.

The best way I can answer this question, is, I tend to sometimes process something as "How will this affect me?" Which sounds selfish, but I often wonder that. How is this thing going to affect me, what am I going to do... frankly it's more of an anxiety thing, and it's a cycle that puts me in a hole. But more generally speaking, I tend to process information slowly, like if I can give this question context, say I'm given a choice to do something. I'll mull over all of my options and I either am repulsed and don't want to do it at all, or I'm repulsed and I come around and I pick the best option, kind of forcing myself to do something.

a) strangers: I mull over interacting with them (say, a clerk in a store if I need to ask for help), but then I bite the bullet and I do. This happened to me, I decided last minute to buy a new outfit for something, which that was a big decision in itself. I ended up chatting with the clerk for a good while too, after wards. It was really nice and we related to each other a bit on some things. Not so scary after all.

b) acquaintances: We say hi and chat about work or whatever. We promise to text or something, but then we never do. Leaving the conversation, I worry they don't enjoy talking to me much. Neither of us scarcely really initiates contact outside of work.

c) friends: Well, they're my friends, so it's not hard to talk to them. Although I can be pretty quiet and distant and stuff, and they're busy, so sometimes it's quiet between us. But when we do talk, there's common interests involved and I'm quick to text about my day or a random fact, or whatever. I look forward to talking with my friends.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh darn, I've taken this test before so I won't be able to answer in a completely unbiased manner as I know what kind of answers you're looking for. :( :( :( I'll try my best, though. :)

Either INFP or ENFP ... maaaaayyyyybe ESFJ. I don't think I'm an ESFJ, but in my type me thread, lots of people thought I was one so *shrug*

And that's the only guideline I'm given for the assignment? I would probably write a paper, then, as papers are my favorite. :3 I'd probably delve into the definitions of pain and reality, first proving that reality is real and not just like, a dream or something, and then hop into different philosophies about pain, and what it really is.

3. What are numbers?

Numbers are something people made up to represent stuff and space and time.

My moral system is closest to virtue ethics. :) So ... whatever makes one a good person, is what's right and what I will do. I basically have a large list of ideals I try to stick to as much as possible.

Gardening ... I would probably read on the internet how to garden. I'm not really all that into gardening though ... xD

I would read lots and LOTS of books about astronomy but would probably rarely actually practice it. xD Like, I would be really interested in learning about dark matter and space physics and the like, but memorizing star names and being able to recognize constellations in the sky would bore me to death so I'd probably skip that.

If it's the city I live in and I'm familiar with my surroundings so don't need to pay attention to them, I'll be off in lala land thinking about ... oh gosh I don't even keep track of what I'm thinking about ... maybe having imaginary conversations with people, comparing and contrasting a few different arguments I've read in books, and fine tuning a couple story ideas? If it's a city I've never been to before, then I'll probably be oohing and ahing at the architecture, wondering about the peoples' lives who live here, will randomly start wondering what it would be like if someone decided to turn that office complex into a house, and omigosh is that an art gallery????

I collect information about people I care about. I'm really good at remembering odd details about my friends. I also collect various bits and pieces about literature, science, psychology, history, and whatever I'm learning in school. I'm interested in almost all information, I think ... well, at least, the kind of information you can find in academic books ... I have zero interested in media or pop culture. xD I'm probably interested in things about my family and friends because I love them so they have priority in my mind, and then I'm interested in books and stuff because I think that that kind of stuff is important and fascinating!

It depends ... sometimes I'll just absorb it completely without thinking about it and then will process it later, and other times I'll compare it with what I already know and making connections to help me understand it. I'm most interested in ... ummmmm humanities, sciences, social sciences, math ... just ... lots of things.

Strangers: if I'm tired/in a bad mood I'll ignore them. If I'm feeling good I'll smile at them when I walk by.
Aquaintances: brief small talk and smiles.
Friends: conversation and cool activities and omigosh we should do this next!!!!

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh darn, I've taken this test before so I won't be able to answer in a completely unbiased manner as I know what kind of answers you're looking for. :( :( :( I'll try my best, though. :)

I'm not looking for the same answers I put on the test...

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah [MENTION=30445]thepink-cloakedninja[/MENTION]

Even if you aren't an ESFJ maybe you should. I'm going to do it too! ESFJ ESFJ ESFJ.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Even if you aren't an ESFJ maybe you should. I'm going to do it too! ESFJ ESFJ ESFJ.

[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION], You're an ESFJ? I'm shocked.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not looking for the same answers I put on the test...

I know, but since I know which questions are determining sensing vs. intuition and the like, if I believed I was an intuitive, I might answer in an intuitive manner on accident.

At first I thought you were trolling by how much ESFJ you looked. :D

On my type me thread? Oh, I wouldn't troll on there. I mean, people are being nice and taking the time to read my really long post and help me out and stuff, so I wouldn't want that to be wasted by a joke.

Okay fine, but I do think trolling is kind of rude ... but if it makes you happy.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
ISTJ
... ... take out a knife and stab him
...Not really, but I can tell you that the class will get derailed by a lot of "yeah pain isn't real because it's just neurological impulses and it's all in your head" and therefore it's ok to stab people. guaranteed. I'm a filthy and bitter existential materialist with a side of humean phenomenology so I just sit there in silence.
3. What are numbers?
signs.
awesome
Read up on it. Pretend I have a garden and water them in my head. Play Sims so that I can vicariously live through the feeling of having a nice garden.
Oh, that's easy. They say if you aim for the moon but fail, you'll end up among the stars. So what I do is look for a catapult to shoot myself into the moon.

SHINY
In what sense?
Nah, my shit brain doesn't really differentiate between information I'm interested in processing and information it's interested in processing.
a) gah b) ...why are we doing this c) sup you meme loving fuck let's talk about dongers

Hope that helped! :D

Edit: Woops I thought this was a joke from some other forum poster. SORRY SORRY
... leaving for posterity
UH most of this is 90% true though

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know, but since I know which questions are determining sensing vs. intuition and the like, if I believed I was an intuitive, I might answer in an intuitive manner on accident.

On my type me thread? Oh, I wouldn't troll on there. I mean, people are being nice and taking the time to read my really long post and help me out and stuff, so I wouldn't want that to be wasted by a joke.

Okay fine, but I do think trolling is kind of rude ... but if it makes you happy.
But this isn't trolling. This is roleplaying.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
But this isn't trolling. This is roleplaying.

Are you actually going to try it on or just stick it up as your type? Nothing wrong with the later of course if it's purely just for fun. I ask because I learned a great deal about myself when I typed as ENTP with [MENTION=30122]Brain in a Jar[/MENTION] typing as ENFP. We both verified (if either of us had any doubt before) that we use our respective Ji functions. I can't do Ti/Fe AT ALL hahaha. It was a fantastic learning experience! :D

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you actually going to try it on or just stick it up as your type? Nothing wrong with the later of course if it's purely just for fun. I ask because I learned a great deal about myself when I typed as ENTP with @Brain in a Jar typing as ENFP. We both verified (if either of us had any doubt before) that we use our respective Ji functions. I can't do Ti/Fe AT ALL hahaha. It was a fantastic learning experience! :D

I have my signature for my true type or what I truly perceive myself as. What's under my avatar is all up for fun.

I think it'll be fun. I'll try to learn some stuff about ESFJ's and see how it works out. I'll read up on yamato's stuff and see how to make an SJ work out on the forum. I know it's impossible to get rid of all the stereotypes but it should be fun overall.

I'm going to be trying other types but going to avoid the INxx quartet. I need to stretch out and better understand everyone.

I like how thirteenly instantly accepted my roleplay. It makes all the more fun.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hello magpie ^_^

Ok so here are my answers..

*ENFJ
* The first answer that came to my mind was punching the teacher, but it would be inappropriate.. Maybe I would tell him/her to punch themselves, or prepare a report of what pain is and how we experience it etc.
3. What are numbers?
*Figures that measures or ranks the quantity or quality of certain objects..
*My moral system is laying basically on fairness and the goodness of society as a whole..
*I love to work with it and learn as I go along, making mistakes can be a good source of education..
*I got to love it first of course, I should find this passion, then of course reading and observing, rising questions then looking for answers..
*Thoughts and people.. There will be stuff that will capture my attention, but I would forget about them later, would not be able to describe what I saw properly because I just find it hard to memorize those details..
*I would read through a subject, a little detail captures my attention, so I go about it, dig deeper to find out more, I can still remember it or I might forget it later, I love to collect little peices of information from every subject, basically jumping through all aspects of life :D
*I start by doubting them even if they support my argument, I try to place them in a proper place in my brain, measuring them to my personal values and principles, I prefer to process information that I am interested in or willing to discuss..
10. Describe what interacting with a) strangers, b) aquaintances, and c) friends, is like for you
*a) General stuff, whatever we're in the middle of..
B) More personal life, I kind of know my limitations, what is the person willing to talk about with me and what isn't, might get them to open up to me without being pushy or getting them out of their comfort zone, my acquaintances always come to me when they need some soothing and calming, and also to take my advice, I was told by some friends and family that they feel comfortable talking to me, and I am also a pretty good secret keeper..

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:D

Oh, so why is your MBTI INFP when your cognitive functions are Ni, Fe, Ti, Se?

Simply put: I score INFP by cold percentages making that my type. I however relate not to Beebe's model in that regard with Fi Ne Si Te. I relate to INFP by some descriptions and INFJ in others.

Plus my thinking is more like Ti not Te. If you don't like my categorization please just simplify it to INFJ.