• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help Me Revise My Test

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:D

Oh, so why is your MBTI INFP when your cognitive functions are Ni, Fe, Ti, Se?

Simply put: I score INFP by cold percentages making that my type. I however relate not to Beebe's model in that regard with Fi Ne Si Te. I relate to INFP by some descriptions and INFJ in others.

Plus my thinking is more like Ti not Te. If you don't like my categorization please just simplify it to INFJ.

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1. What is your MBTI type? ESTP, though I've been told I have strong INxJ leanings.

2. You are taking a philosophy class. Your teacher asks you to prove pain is real. How would you go about doing so? I would poke them a pencil so that they could experience the sensation of pain themselves; you cannot get more 'real' than a sensation experienced by most organisms. Some aspect of it may still be the result of an electrical signal triggered by an aggravating stimulation of the flesh, that process is still very real and not easy to overcome (if at all possible).

3. What are numbers? Numbers keep track of how much stuff we have. They are symbols that we use to keep track of how many things there are, to better improve our ability to manage resources.

4. Describe your moral system. While there are a few select morals in regards to gender/power etc. are innate and deeply ingrained in me and I consider worth fighting for, I don't consider myself that much of a moral person. I treat every moral issue on a case-by-case basis, usually trying to keep the interest of the most people I care about in mind.

5. You would like to learn a new skill. Let’s say gardening. How would you go about doing so? I'd do my research, gather the bare minimum in tools, and then set out to practice until I get good. If I fail at something, I'd like to do more research if there is information on how to turn the failure into success before blindly risking resources on trial-and-error.

6. You would like to learn a new skill. Let's say astronomy. How would you go about doing so? I remember getting an interest in astronomy by sees the sky/stars and wondering what certain constellations were. Then, through my research, I'd desire to find those celestial objects in the sky. Then I started learning about other things in deep space and all the gnarly stuff that happens when you get near black holes; it blows my understanding of natural physics so sky-high that I feel the compulsion to study and re-tune my understanding of natural physics to accommodate this data, for the sake of having some idea of what to do or I'm looking at if I ever have to face it in my lifetime.

7. You are walking through a city. What are you paying attention to? (If you're paying attention to your thoughts, describe what you're thinking about.) I can't imagine in a city I'd be able to stay focused on my thoughts; too busy trying not too die/reacting to rude people to get inside my head. If this is a more small-town kind of city or walk, then I'm usually thinking about the events of the day, things I need to do in the future or should have done in the past. Sometimes my thoughts get a bit un-related, but usually that happens if I'm seeking writing inspiration and am suddenly stricken with a random tangent. But again, this only happens when it is not necessarily for me to be fully alert and present.

8. Describe how you collect information, what sort of information you're interested in collecting, and why. I've recently discovered that most information I gather or fixate about is centered around destruction, pain, illness and failure. Normally, I am seeking this out for constructive purposes related to the task at hand. Over the years, I've woven together a decent knowledge on anatomy/biology/earth physics (which is another way of saying "I obsessed so much on learning the truth behind volcanoes, tornadoes, gore and all other matter of scary things that I learned about everything else too"). Not wanting all of this knowledge neurotically gathered in the interest of self-preservation to go un-used, I once sought a degree in science. But I quickly found I was a bit too anti-authoritarian to cope with such academic rigors, so I settled for writing/drawing multi-genre action/horror instead.

9. Describe how you process information, what sort of information you're interested in processing, and why. MAN that's a tough one. It kinda depends on what mood I'm in, but I think I take information and make sure I haven't missed important facts. If there is anything to be done, then I do it. If cannot do it then, then I find a way to do it later. Sometimes, I will get uncontrollable flashes of insight, like films or music videos, that show how a situation I am currently (or otherwise very easily could end up) dealing with could end up panning out. If the situation seems feasible or reasonable enough to affect my current actions, then I take action. In other words, I still use a fair amount of Intuition in the way I process data, enough that I can get highway/shower hypnosis quite frequently - but ultimately, my head is mostly in the game.

10. Describe what interacting with a) strangers, b) aquaintances, and c) friends, is like for you. (To be answered later.)

Kas

Fabula rasa
1. What is your MBTI type?
INFP

2. You are taking a philosophy class. Your teacher asks you to prove pain is real. How would you go about doing so?
Do they have sense of humour? If so I would suggest empiric experiment. But for real I would reverse the reasons for it to not exist: a) it’s not material 2) it’s subjective 3) it’s the creation of mind . The definition is that pain is caused by unpleasant sensory and emotional experience associated with actual or potential tissue damage, or described in terms of such damage. There are different kinds of pain (like nociceptive, neuropathic, phantom or psychogenic), in two first of mentioned there is no doubt of physical reason, electro stimulation of the nerves which we can agree about being real. The reaction can be personal, but can be showed as activity of particular parts of brain that can be visualized for example in fMRI examination. It’s not that different from the seeing colours; they are individual creation of our mind, but as response for stimulation by waves that are objectively observed and in this aspect are real.

This would be my explanation for the sake of argument. But when asked of opinion, I would ask before answer for definition of “real”.

3. What are numbers?
Numbers are abstract system created to describe our world, but also useful to describe ideas, connections, patterns and theories beyond it- the system in a way independent.

4. Describe your moral system.
Not causing harm, being loyal, acting to cause betterment, being useful.

5. You would like to learn a new skill. Let’s say gardening. How would you go about doing so?
6. You would like to learn a new skill. Let's say astronomy. How would you go about doing so?

5and 6 -it’s basically the very same in my case. First time I do is ask someone who is interested in subject for a while and search online for the best book for beginners and I read it and maybe some more. Then I finally know where to begin and what to do. Otherwise I’m in the middle of chaos. I think that it was the second post in this forum when I asked about a good book.

7. You are walking through a city. What are you paying attention to? (If you're paying attention to your thoughts, describe what you're thinking about.)
-if so- I’m usually lost in my thoughts. Imagining potential situations , or lost in the fiction (books I read, movies etc) or something between/ something else. It’s rather chaotic and it’s easy to distract me and make me think of something else e.g. because I’ve seen something/heard something etc. But on the other hand there are moments when I’m absolutely concentrated on my surrounding , usually at night or when it’s snowing, or different circumstances I enjoy it; I feel contrary (and surprisingly) very aware of my surrounding then.
-if I’m with someone- I’m usually absolutely preoccupied with conversation to a point that I can even get lost :mellow: Poor ability to divide attention, what to do….

8. Describe how you collect information, what sort of information you're interested in collecting, and why.
Everything is information. I want to know what, how and why. I’m interested in math-physics-chemistry-biology sciences , culture, philosophy I enjoy learning new languages, different sports, cooking new meals, playing instruments. Anything new is sort of fun, even if I will never master it. When I get really interested in something, I’m there 24/day. My sister laughs that I have not hobbies, but obsession.
I don’t like to learn with someone. My friends used to organize study groups before exams and it could work for me as review (cause extra motivation), but I couldn’t learn new things this way. I like learning visually : reading, seeing something; It must be a very good lecture to make me learn something.

9. Describe how you process information, what sort of information you're interested in processing, and why.
You probably mean something else, but a cool professor once told my group that when we’re learning and after some time we start feeling that we don’t understand anything and our minds are absolutely blank- that means they’re processing the information. So when it is this way, I usually make a break: go asleep , go running, cook or do anything that doesn’t require a lot of thinking. After few hours it’s much better, as everything came back to it’s place. Wise woman it was.
I’m interested mostly in what I mentioned before in 8.

10. Describe what interacting with a) strangers, b) aquaintances, and c) friends, is like for you.
Strangers very often talk to me. There were situation which were not nice, but some of these conversations are really interested. Sometimes these are very extroverted people, sometimes they are lonely people. Some chats are funny, the other are serious. It’s sad that some people have no one to talk to. Generally I like to listen and I find people interesting , so most of the time I don’t mind it.
Similar with acquaintances, I like to chat with them. Though it can be sometimes stressful to me. I don’t feel as casual as talking to friends. I don’t mind small-talk , it can be fun and interesting. E.g. I love small talks with my favourite bookseller- he keeps making some references to literature (I’m pretty sure I don’t get some of those) or he tells things I don’t think are true like “I haven’t read a book in 20 years” but with a poker face that will make me never know :laugh:
Friends are like family, interacting with them is very important to me. They are support, make me laugh and they keep challenging me and give me another view into world and mine own thoughts.

Kas

Fabula rasa
I made a test and I had difficulty with one question: the morals one. I don’t need my values to have direct effect on other people, I only wish to cause the betterment, I can’t make decisions for others. Even if I wish it effects people it's indirect. But that’s not because I treat it as thought experiment, I care too much.

I think that the timing of answering questions influencing results may be a good thing actually (I mean when there's 3/3) because I think much longer when I'm not sure.

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
So, [MENTION=22178]magpie[/MENTION], after learning more about Sensing vs Intuition, do you think you still think that you are ISFP?
Interesting test by the way. I will probably fill out this questionnaire later when I have time.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1. What is your MBTI type?
ISTJ
2. You are taking a philosophy class. Your teacher asks you to prove pain is real. How would you go about doing so?
I will say that since I experience pain, that means it's real.
3. What are numbers?
I think people made up numbers to help explain and organize the world around them.
5. You would like to learn a new skill. Let’s say gardening. How would you go about doing so?
I look up up a bunch of videos, and article about it online, and try to find what is the best technique for me. At first I would carefully follow what it told me, and I know that I have ended the beginner phase when I stop relying so much on the book.
6. You would like to learn a new skill. Let's say astronomy. How would you go about doing so?
Is astronomy a skill? Well I think I would do the same as above.
7. You are walking through a city. What are you paying attention to?
It depends on what city I'm in. If I'm in my current city then then I am mostly focused on getting where I need to be. I don't usually walk around in my city anyway unless it's downtown, then I can focus on people if they're around, if a restaurant has opened their door, then I will focus on the smell.

8. Describe how you collect information, what sort of information you're interested in collecting, and why.
It depends on what the situation is. Usually I just listen to what people say.
9. Describe how you process information, what sort of information you're interested in processing, and why.
To process information, I think over it a bit without dissecting, and then I start relating it to other things I know, and also try and think of logical explanations to help explain what it is I am perceiving. I am interested processing what had happened, and how I felt about it.
10. Describe what interacting with a) strangers, b) aquaintances, and c) friends, is like for you.
Strangers: I just interact with them if it’s necessary, and I will just say the things you’re “supposed” to say to them.
I speak to acquaintances in a similar way to strangers, but I am more friendly and more restrained.
For friends, I speak my mind freely, and complain about what has happened that day, and
I will help them with their assignments.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Since I just did this for Thirteenly in PM, if anyone's interested, I'm willing to give you my thoughts on your type based off your answers to this survey. Let me know.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Since I just did this for Thirteenly in PM, if anyone's interested, I'm willing to give you my thoughts on your type based off your answers to this survey. Let me know.

Sign me in. :D

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Physical or psychological pain? I'd have different argumentations. I'd talk about the reactions in our body. I'd do that too also regarding to psychological pain, but I'd stress how for a certain extent emotions can be manipulated by the said chemicals and how the psyche affects the body and viceversa.

+1 sensing. You're relying on a literal function of the body, as it exists, for proof. So it's a focus on physical mechanisms, which includes chemical reactions. You're not viewing pain as a concept independent of bodily function, and inherent in that is the idea that what's felt is real, which is sensory-focused.

3. What are numbers?
Like the alphabet, the expression of a concept. I.e.: the concept of nothing can be expressed through the digit 0 or other ways for example.

Hard to say with this one, but since you went with "expression of a concept," let's do +1 intuition.

Live and let live. If it doesn't affect myself personally, I have no right to say anything.

This question/answer has no bearing on S or N.

Theory first, practise later. I'd read anything I could. I'd probably dislike gardening per se but I could maybe like the theory.

Books, books, and books. I'd read about everything even minimally related to it. I tend to be carried away by this kind of things. I'm able to start with astronomy and end up reading myths about a possible end of the world.

If you had to pick between reading about something or experiencing it, which would you prefer? If you read about something, do you still feel the need to experience it?

7. You are walking through a city. What are you paying attention to? (If you're paying attention to your thoughts, describe what you're thinking about.)
My thoughts, but they tend to be really unrelated from the environment. I'd also focus on repetitive things, like the patterns formed by the dirt on the sidewalk.

Lol. Focusing on the patterns formed by dirt on the sidewalk isn't focusing on things unrelated from the environment. Can you give me an example of the thoughts you tend to have in this situation?

Mainly theoretical because I suck at practise. I just prefer thinking about things and analyzing. I'm kind of disconnected from the present moment and real life. I prefer stepping away and observing.

When you say "mainly theoretical," can you be more descriptive? How do you think about and analyze things? Are you able to describe how you collect information, or is this difficult?

Really slowly by analyzing every scenario and possibility I come up with.

Again, this isn't enough information.

Strangers: very formal, interaction is kept to a minimum
Aquaintances: see above
Friends: I still struggle with small talk as I don't know what to say. It is about things I don't relate to (other people, the environment, general gossip). I've recently found myself befriending an ESFJ by discussing with her about psychology and philosophy. If I don't think something has a reason to say it, even with friends, I tend to shut up.

I don't think this question has any bearing on N or S either.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If you had to pick between reading about something or experiencing it, which would you prefer? If you read about something, do you still feel the need to experience it?
Reading, and not necessarily experiencing it. I've always found it confusing to learn by experience without prior understanding of the subject.

Lol. Focusing on the patterns formed by dirt on the sidewalk isn't focusing on things unrelated from the environment. Can you give me an example of the thoughts you tend to have in this situation?
Yeah. Woops.
It's weird. I kind of space out and "zoom out" my sight. As I walk, I start getting random impressions, like "this looks like this other thing". This is what I meant with "unrelated". Alternatively, just impressions from the memories I have ("that smell reminds me of that X thing").
I now recognize how unclear my responses were. I apologize. And this answer probably scores the same on Si and N (maybe more on Si?), but I do this both really often.

When you say "mainly theoretical," can you be more descriptive? How do you think about and analyze things? Are you able to describe how you collect information, or is this difficult?
I get an input, and then I start jumping around it (like a spermatozoon around an ovum, if that makes sense) looking for double checks or weak points. For example, I try to get back to the premises starting from the conclusions. Or I use tons of demonstrations by contradiction, even if unneeded. I also try by hypothesizing to build a similar system and see if I'm able to make it hypothetically work.
Generally, I'm not interested in practical knowledge (for example, speaking of chemistry, I'm more interested by how and why some processes happen than working in laboratory).

Again, this isn't enough information.
I kind of collapsed the answers to 8) and 9) in the same one.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Reading, and not necessarily experiencing it. I've always found it confusing to learn by experience without prior understanding of the subject.

Yeah. Woops.
It's weird. I kind of space out and "zoom out" my sight. As I walk, I start getting random impressions, like "this looks like this other thing". This is what I meant with "unrelated". Alternatively, just impressions from the memories I have ("that smell reminds me of that X thing").
I now recognize how unclear my responses were. I apologize. And this answer probably scores the same on Si and N (maybe more on Si?), but I do this both really often.

I get an input, and then I start jumping around it (like a spermatozoon around an ovum, if that makes sense) looking for double checks or weak points. For example, I try to get back to the premises starting from the conclusions. Or I use tons of demonstrations by contradiction, even if unneeded. I also try by hypothesizing to build a similar system and see if I'm able to make it hypothetically work.
Generally, I'm not interested in practical knowledge (for example, speaking of chemistry, I'm more interested by how and why some processes happen than working in laboratory).

I kind of collapsed the answers to 8) and 9) in the same one.

Well, I don't think you're an INFP. I noticed you were typing as INTP prior to that. I could definitely see you as having Si high in your function stack. I'm not sure I can rule out INTP, but I think ISTJ is worth considering. Sorry this wasn't more helpful.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Well, I don't think you're an INFP. I noticed you were typing as INTP prior to that. I could definitely see you as having Si high in your function stack. I'm not sure I can rule out INTP, but I think ISTJ is worth considering. Sorry this wasn't more helpful.

I think ISFJ could be more likely (I have tried it out too for a while). The only types I'm sure I am not are xSFP and xxTJ. Out of curiosity, where did you rule out Te?

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think ISFJ could be more likely (I have tried it out too for a while). The only types I'm sure I am not are xSFP and xxTJ. Out of curiosity, where did you rule out Te?

Oh, I didn't rule out Te, I said ISTJ. I think ISTJ is more fitting for you than ISFJ.