• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What the hell is my personality????..please help

koh

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w6
Hey Guys, Male/24
I have always wondered why i am the way i am and why i am stranger than most, recently I discovered the Myers-Briggs personality theory and i am so confused as to what i am.
i have tested twice for infj, once for istp, and i feel i have more of the intp characteristics.
i definitely feel i am different to most people.
i am certainly introverted in my ways, (quiet, value my privacy and alone time etc)
i am very creative, imaginative, intuitive, intelligent(at least i think i am, sometimes i don't think i am) logical, dislike small talk, come across as rude sometimes, because i'm so in my head.
I feel as if i'm always being judged or pre judged. i like to stand out but I don't like too much attention and probably come across as an extroverted person. On more than a few occasions, people that I've never really spoken too have pre judged me based on how i look or act or what they have heard and then when we do have a conversation they are usually like wow you're actually really sound,nice,cool etc
i have a close group of friends with whom i am very open and involved in, I organise all our trips, events, holidays etc.
they see me as a very close friend, share things with me, like having me around but they often focus on me, and the things i do or how i act a lot and criticize me for it to their amusement which i don't really care too much about, but it does intrigue me as to why?
Then i have a wider group of friends who i get along with and do some things with and sometimes they get annoyed with me for not getting involved in most of their activities or conversations. I have been labelled as a "legend" quite a few times usually when i feel i am truly just being myself, for my views, things i say, things i do when i'm drunk(i do some stupid, weird, crazy stuff when i'm drunk)
Not very family orientated but i do value them.
I have had and still do have problems socializing and communicating with people, sometimes it can be difficult but sometimes it can be effortless, i really love meeting new people, i love partying, clubbing, festivals(wandering off by myself at festivals), going out, meeting women etc. I'm really bad at committing to one woman and revealing or displaying emotion. i have had a lot of girls come and go in my life. (i'm single btw)
i have always had quite a lot of friends, have hung out with many different groups, have been quite popular to some extent through stages of my school years, i think maybe because of my free spirited, rebellious, carefree attitude and my general warmness and acceptance for people.
My grades at school were never great and i have always been told i have the ability to apply myself but i never do unless its something i have a keen interest in (creative work, practical work, hands-on, computers)
Football is my one true love and i love watching, following and playing it, mostly because i am fairly good at it, i like to play creatively and intuitively. and I also love watching it for the beauty,the creativity and the pure skill and technique that is displayed.
My dress sense is quite quirky, authentic, sporty, and most of the time very well thought through and matched. And i can't stand people that follow the crowd.
I get spikes of energy and happiness quite frequently, mostly through listening to music by myself, and they can be very weird and strange.
people have said in the past that i laugh a lot, some have said i should smile more? recently as I've gotten older and learnt how to be happy and positive and not let things get me down, i have been told i am always smiling and always very happy.
There is so much more but I've written enough i think roflcopter..I have researched all the types i have familiar characteristics with and took the personality tests, but I am still so lost as to which one i am. any ideas? Please and thank you.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Just based on your OP, I'd vote INFP — but I'd also say that it sounds like you could be not that far from the borderline on several of your preferences.

The official MBTI is really the only MBTI-related test that has a lot of psychometric support behind it. If you've never taken it, here's an online copy. It doesn't score you automatically, but it shows which preference corresponds to each response, so you can calculate your result for each dimension. I'd be curious to see your scores.

And in case you're up for taking it and are interested in some guidance with respect to the proper "frame of mind," here's what the MBTI Manual says:

Some people have trouble finding the correct frame of mind for answering the MBTI. When reporting the results to some people, they say they reported their "work self," "school self," "ideal self," or some other self they now consider atypical. The frame of reference desired in respondents is what has been termed the "shoes-off self." The "shoes-off self" fosters an attitude in which one functions naturally, smoothly, and effortlessly, and in which one is not going "against one's grain." The function of the MBTI is to provide the first step toward understanding one's natural preferences.​

Just in case you're interested — and only if you're interested — in a boatload of type-me-related input from me, you'll find it in a 10-post series that starts here. Those posts include a separate section on each of the four MBTI dimensions (including two posts of chewy J/P goodness), a link to roundups of online profiles for each of the 16 types, and a brief intro to the Big Five neuroticism dimension.