• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

conflicts between Fi, Ni, and Ne functions, thoughts?

humanvessel

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hello to everyone out there

I may be borderline INFP/ISFP but my Se is quite low when I take cognitive tests. However I'm pretty bodily aware when it comes to sports (I have an athletic body but I'm clumsy asf, how does that work? I don't know) and can be a sensual person but there has to be meaning to those experiences and it's contribution to something I value mentally.

Regarding that ^^^ I feel more relatable to INFP description and in cognitive tests I always result with high Ni that is usually equal to my Fi with Ne following right after.

I have noticed that I can string patterns in behaviour and always see the outcome of a situation in the long run whether I ignore them or not. And because my Ne is also high right after Fi and Ni, I tend to want to give the benefit of the doubt when my Ni kicks in and ignore gut instincts because I want to believe so hard that there's other possible outcomes to the situation.

I always end up criticizing myself for not listening to this gut instinct I have because I end up hurt or in a disaster that could have been avoided. I'm having a struggle between trying to balance my Fi, Ni, and Ne to co-operate together. I know they are just functions and everyone deals with their life differently but I've noticed this is a generalized process conflict I have when I deal with making decisions.

I can also see that maybe my gut instinct is the pattern of behaviour reflected in myself and others through my internal feeling process, because I'm recognizing feelings I've had in the past about a situation...but at the same time I tend to instinctively know or understand the essence of a concept or situation even if it does not involve my feelings, and even when I don't know much about the the topic in detail.

I'm wondering if there are any Fi users out there that find their values line up with Ni, maybe because that can become a value itself?
And if so or not what is your take on the similarities between the two functions in your own on observations?
And how do you deal with it?

Sorry for the random information that may/may not have been needed. :hi:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I have both high Ni and Fi. I find that I often engage into thoughts related to the meaning and philosophy behind morality. I try to be insightful into my approach to right and wrong, and my relationships with people. I often think and write about theoretical systems of human relations, e.g. MBTI.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If your Se is pretty low when you take the cognitive functions tests, then you're probably an INFP not an ISFP. I'm not sure how accurate the idea in MBTI of every type having 4 functions and 4 shadow functions in an exact order is, because almost everyone I talk to about functions seems to have them mixed up at least somewhere, but I'm still looking into it. One explanation I've heard of this is that a perfectly healthy MBTI type will have their functions in the correct order, but otherwise they're going to be scrambled. I do find this explanation just a little too easy and vague, and it was also on a blog, and blogs aren't always the most accurate of sources. ;) Maybe someday I'll find some scholarly journals written on the accuracy of MBTI. :p So far the only peer-reviewed scholarly journals on MBTI I've been able to find are about using MBTI to predict success of military personel and some stuff like that.

One explanation for you having a high Ni is that Fi is actually quite analytical and so you're mistaking it for Ni, but it's also possible that you have a very high Ni, and from your post it seems that the latter option is more likely.

humanvessel

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Legion I relate with what you're saying. I find I also value philosophies that can give me insight on broadening my thinking.
It's also interesting how that has effected relationships with others, thank you for being directive and positive!

thepink-cloakedninja I agree with what you're saying, it makes sense because MBTI is just a generalization of thought process and doesn't have to represent each person so personally. I have read up on loops which I was thinking maybe that's what's happening with me but I guess everyone has their own way of going through things and understanding how to work around their weaknesses.

Thank you both for your replies :)