• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Eight Functions and [Insert]!

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hello. After looking at the The Eight Functions and Building a Fence thread for the umpteenth time, I want to continue the idea. What would each of the functions focus on in a given scenario? Everyone can voice their ideas for fun and it helps newcomers with their type with real examples (well, somewhat real). I'll start off...

The functions at a party.

Se: Focus on the excitement of the party: the music, food, partaking in the debauchery in general.

Ne: Seeing what the party would be like if one invited drug addicts,, lawless bikers, murderers, if if if...

Fe: Trying to maintain a pleasant atmosphere, restocking the refreshments, counseling the wallflowers, cleaning the vomit.

Te: Attempting to create some semblance of order at the party. Trying to Schedule the activities, regulate beer consumption.

Si: Focusing on the impression that the party gives them. Seeing everything as "stale" except the SO who is acting "lively" with the host's spouse.

Ni: Seeing how the party is an example of how humans still embrace their baser instincts.

Ti: Inwardly complaining about the surrounding conversations' inaccurate facts. "No! Oxygen is not the most abundant gas in the atmosphere!!"

Fi: Complaining how everything doesn't fit their ideal. "The music is wrong. everyone is so superficial. No one understands me!"

Rouskyrie

Firstly, thank you for posting this.

Secondly, I'll add on:

The eight functions and Dark Souls/maybe video games in general.

Fi: "I could kill all of these NPC's, but I shouldn't merely for extra items".

Ne: "I tried to create a specific build for my character, but the thought of balancing everything tempted me to make every skill 13".

Te: "I looked up the most effective spells/weapons, and I use them constantly."

Ni: "I've plotted out my course of action for the entire game, perhaps at the risk of majorly spoiling it for myself".

Ti: "I think I've spent more time figuring out the weaknesses of my enemies than actually fighting them".

Fe: "Oh no, I did ___ and someone died. I can't let that happen, I must restart the game!"

Se: "There's the enemy. I must find out how to survive a fight with them".

Si: "I'm level 41 and my vitality is 40, so I think I'm ready to survive this boss fight. I did __ last time, so I should avoid doing that again".

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The functions watching a fight during high school.

Si: In thought thinking that things are not as they should be. Seeing things should be peaceful as during their younger years.

Ni: "Hmm, is he letting him win?" or "Why are they fighting? They are good friends with each other. There's something going on, but I just don't know what."

Ne: "Oh man, a fight!! Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! Live from TypoC High, we have two contestants battle to the death! Who will survive!" Continues to play announcer but somehow the subject changed to a mattress sale.

Se: Enjoying the spectacle. May be cheering (for either one, or both) just to keep the participants hyped up.

Te: Getting annoyed that everyone is focusing on the fight than spending time more effectively (studying, homework, etc.).

Fi: "This is not right" says to friend. Looks on, the presence of the fight tears at them from the inside.

Ti: Analyzes the participants' performance to gauge who will win.

Fe: Responds to Fi, "Uggh, another fight..?" Can't they just behave? [Sigh], Oh well. Everyone is enjoying themselves so I guess we'll just let it play out if it doesn't too much out of hand."