User Tag List

First 12

Thread: type and job

I'm sure it happens sometimes, but I can't imagine an ENTP becoming a politician. We are pioneers who like to break rules and shake things up, and that doesn't really attract a lot of votes. I wouldn't want to play the game of being fake, playing it safe, and saying what people want to hear in order to achieve practical results at a tediously slow pace.

Suggestions: Entrepreneur, Inventor, Producer, Social Scientist, Director of Cinema, Professional Speaker, Life Coach, Comedian
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

ENFP loves ideas so i would probably like any job that fosters my imagination. like to have a happy working environment too. i would quite like to do something involving film, tv or the theater. i have never been the pure artsy student, but i think it would be nice.

i'm studying philosophy right now. i don't want a desk job or something after i've found something that i love so much. plan is to go right down the academic track. being a philosophy lecturer i think would fit my personality quite well. i can be the typical 'teacher' type and use my EFP skills. the subject matter will please my N side along with the research. yep. got it sussed out.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

INFJ top jobs from the research
    Architect
    Education consultant, teacher
    Fine artist, writer
    Librarian
    Marketing
    Psychiatrist or psychologist
    Religious professional
    Scientist
    Social worker

ENFP:
    Artist, musician, actor
    Consultant
    Counselor, social scientist
    Dental hygienist
    Journalist
    Public relations
    Research assistant
    Religious professional
    Teacher

ENTP:
    Actor
    Chemical engineer
    Construction worker
    Computer professional
    Journalist
    Marketing professional
    Photographer
    Psychiatrist
    Public relations professional

INTJ
    Architect
    Attorney or judge
    Computer professional
    Electrical or chemical engineer
    Management consultant
    Manager
    Scientist or researcher
    Social services worker
    University instructor

Note these include people with and without 4 year degrees--makes a big difference in what's attractive and possible...
    edcoaching

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    INFJ top jobs from the research
    Architect
    Education consultant, teacher
    Fine artist, writer
    Librarian
    Marketing
    Psychiatrist or psychologist
    Religious professional
    Scientist
    Social worker

ENFP:
    Artist, musician, actor
    Consultant
    Counselor, social scientist
    Dental hygienist
    Journalist
    Public relations
    Research assistant
    Religious professional
    Teacher

Note these include people with and without 4 year degrees--makes a big difference in what's attractive and possible...
    I'd be interested in what the research shows for INFPs in this regard (I'm assuming these are lists of fields where these types have found at least above average job satisfaction).

I've been thinking that somethign like Sociology or Cultural Antropology would be a good (fulfilling) area for me to pursue, but the question of what jobs I'd actualy enjoy that such training could lead to is an essential question.

I often think I'd like a job doing research and analyzing test reults and looking for correlations to find new theories/hypothesis and stuff like that, and I'd like it to be something related to human thought/feeling etc, but I'm not sure what jobs like that exist, how common they are, where they are and what training would be required.

Its quite a bit off from humanities, but I've also recently thought something in environmental science could be interesting and fulfilling as well (solar energy, wind farms etc), but I suspect thats the sort of thing I might enjoy for a few years and then grow tired of.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by TenebrousReflection View Post
    I'd be interested in what the research shows for INFPs in this regard (I'm assuming these are lists of fields where these types have found at least above average job satisfaction).

I've been thinking that somethign like Sociology or Cultural Antropology would be a good (fulfilling) area for me to pursue, but the question of what jobs I'd actualy enjoy that such training could lead to is an essential question.

I often think I'd like a job doing research and analyzing test reults and looking for correlations to find new theories/hypothesis and stuff like that, and I'd like it to be something related to human thought/feeling etc, but I'm not sure what jobs like that exist, how common they are, where they are and what training would be required.

Its quite a bit off from humanities, but I've also recently thought something in environmental science could be interesting and fulfilling as well (solar energy, wind farms etc), but I suspect thats the sort of thing I might enjoy for a few years and then grow tired of.
    Psychiatry/psychology is very popular for INFPs. They can also be great in other scientific fields if they're motivated enough by the outcomes to put up with the concrete/sequential aspects of gathering data and creating replicable experiments.

We created these lists to include degreed/nondegreed positions..

INFP
    Counselor
    Education consultant
    English or fine arts teacher
    Fine artist
    Journalist
    Psychologist
    Religious educator
    Social scientist
    Writer, editor

So the pattern is very much humanities but there are definitely NFs in the sciences--working on things exactly like solar energy for the common good.

A lot of NFs I know, though, opted out of hard sciences after a few college classes. A friend of mine lost his interest after an internship taking water samples. Another one, who has a masters in some horticultural area, quit after counting weeds per square foot all summer. I knew I'd be reading, not writing for, Scientific America after acing the class part but spending hours and hours and hours in chem lab to pass the hands-on lab techniques...
    edcoaching