User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 60

  1. #1
    Senior Member animenagai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    1,573

    Default The order of your functions

    i don't just mean the 4 you get in the literature in your type, i mean the other 4 as well. i've been trying to figure out if we can formulate a general rule for all 8 functions for particular types, so if you will, post your order of the 8 functions (loosely). mine's something like Ne, Fi, Fe, Ni, Ti, Se, Te, Si.

  2. #2
    / nonsequitur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so
    Posts
    1,821

    Default

    Ni, Ti, Fi, Ne, Te, Se, Si, Fe.

    Yes, I know. I can't help being deeply introverted.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Bella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Do, Re, Me, Fa, So, La, Ti

  4. #4
    now! in shell form INA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Do, Re, Me, Fa, So, La, Ti
    Doh!

    You forgot that part.
    Ah, choir days
    . . . and . . .
    Doh-Ti-La-So-Fa-Me-Re-Doh.

  5. #5
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    After discussing and arguing the precise function order with Wildcat for about 3 months solid came to a conclusion. The four functions stated are stated because they are the most prominent in that type. I think that the other four functions aren't commonly in the same order of preference and so are left out for clarity.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Bella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    Doh!

    You forgot that part.
    Ah, choir days

    Doh-Ti-La-So-Fa-Me-Re-Doh.

    Ah, I sang in the choir too...I nearly forgot about that. I used to get so lost in my mind and thoughts while singing.

  7. #7
    now! in shell form INA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Ah, I sang in the choir too...I nearly forgot about that. I used to get so lost in my mind and thoughts while singing.
    That's one of the best parts.
    Alto, soprano?

  8. #8
    Senior Member Bella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    That's one of the best parts.
    Alto, soprano?
    Oh goodness, can I remember....I wasn't in the middle of the choir, closer to the side....uhm, I think it was alto, but not the very deep alto.

  9. #9
    Senior Member edcoaching's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    After discussing and arguing the precise function order with Wildcat for about 3 months solid came to a conclusion. The four functions stated are stated because they are the most prominent in that type. I think that the other four functions aren't commonly in the same order of preference and so are left out for clarity.
    Back to the real question in this thread...

    There are experts out there who propose a single order of preference development, especially those who only work with the 8-function model. Beebe for example ties each function to an archetype to indicate how it helps and hinders us.

    But I'm with Xander. The first two are, by virtue of how the type codes are defined, your first two functions. Then it can vary by individual.
    edcoaching

  10. #10
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    Back to the real question in this thread...

    There are experts out there who propose a single order of preference development, especially those who only work with the 8-function model. Beebe for example ties each function to an archetype to indicate how it helps and hinders us.

    But I'm with Xander. The first two are, by virtue of how the type codes are defined, your first two functions. Then it can vary by individual.
    And yet my Fi is greater than my Ne (and I'm an ENFP) :

    Fi, Ne, Ti, Se, Fe, Te, Ni, Si

    46, 43.2, 39.8, 33.6, 28.3, 19, 16.1, 14.2 respectively.

Similar Threads

  1. The Music of your Functions...
    By Gentleman Jack in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-23-2017, 07:56 PM
  2. How would you describe the balance of your auxiliary and tertiary functions?
    By Smilephantomhive in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-23-2016, 10:40 AM
  3. The Dynamic of your First and Second Functions
    By Dreamer in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-09-2016, 11:18 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-17-2011, 02:12 PM
  5. How do you assess the strength of your Tert and Inf functions?
    By IZthe411 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-22-2010, 10:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO