User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    I guess I'm confused as to how this would be done. I know of some different methods through which you could randomly select people, but how do you get all of them to take the test? If you just grab some guy off the street, and ask him to take the test, there's a good chance he won't. (Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here.)
    Granted, it doesn't differ than any other academic statistics exercersize - I meant only that it followed the same principles, as compared to using the academic and workplace data sets.

The numbers are as robust as any other validation study, which is to say that it is generally pretty solid.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

*I realize this is old, but I feel like reviving it*

I'm suspicious of these "percentage of population" statistics given for types.
    We all know how test results can vary for an individual depending on the test and the person's mood and honesty (ie. I often test INTP). And how random is the selection?

I often see INFP listed as anywhere from 1% to 5% of the population - that's a big range! IMO, the huge ranges basically translate to: "we don't really know".
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    *I realize this is old, but I feel like reviving it*

I'm suspicious of these "percentage of population" statistics given for types.
    We all know how test results can vary for an individual depending on the test and the person's mood and honesty (ie. I often test INTP). And how random is the selection?

I often see INFP listed as anywhere from 1% to 5% of the population - that's a big range! IMO, the huge ranges basically translate to: "we don't really know".
    I agree.

I also think that in every country/culture there is a different distribution of types.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I trust Kiersey. He has real life experience, and he administers tests. Plus, he's INTP. Since he cares about typewatching, he's going to be hard on accuracy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

According to a 1964 American study conducted by David Keirsey and Marilyn Bates, the population is...

Extraversion 75%, Introversion 25%
    Sensing 75%, iNtuition 25%
    Thinking 50%, Feeling 50%
    Judging 50%, Perceiving 50%

It should also be noted that for men, about 60% had a Thinking preference, while 60% of women had a Feeling preference.

Specific MB Population

SJ Guardians - 38%
    SP Artisans - 36%
    NF Idealists - 12%
    NT Rationals - 12%

ESTJ - 13%
    ESFJ - 13%
    ESTP - 13%
    ESFP - 13%
    ISTJ - 6%
    ISFJ - 6%
    ISTP - 5%
    ISFP - 5%
    ENTJ - 5%
    ENFJ - 5%
    ENTP - 5%
    ENFP - 5%
    INTJ - 1%
    INFJ - 1%
    INTP - 1%
    INFP - 1%
    Funny how it's the same percent for several types in Keirsey's study. You'd think the numbers would be all over. Plus, it adds up to only 98%....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe