• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] why do people with introverted intuition....?

chado

MBTI Type
infp
first off,to other types introverted intuition seems realy strange to begin with.,secondly why do people with introverted intuition always have this blank stare when they thinking,like they not thinking,but then its like they do have this were they understand the situation,like its almost like they giving a blank stare like they not thinking or gtting the situation,but then they bring out the understanding through words,and they give you a fright by what thye have an even deeper understanding of what you thought they have,how does this internal intuition work?

Hmm, I am not sure if I can answer your question, but once long ago I described myself as NiTi. For me, my eyes become unfocused like that when many different "routes" converge into one. It is kind of seeing into the future all the paths that are present and saying "Yes, I like this one. It accomplishes so many things at once. I thought these were contradictions, but no it is just like a slice of some larger more beautiful pattern."

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
first off,to other types introverted intuition seems realy strange to begin with.,secondly why do people with introverted intuition always have this blank stare when they thinking,like they not thinking,but then its like they do have this were they understand the situation,like its almost like they giving a blank stare like they not thinking or gtting the situation,but then they bring out the understanding through words,and they give you a fright by what thye have an even deeper understanding of what you thought they have,how does this internal intuition work?
I suspect that thinking expression (or lack thereof) comes from the fact that our attention is not focused on our immediate external reality at that moment. We are literally looking at something else, that can be anywhere and even any time. It's a bit like people being tuned out while they are focused on a phone or tablet, but we do it without needing a device of any sort.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
why do people with introverted intuition always have this blank stare when they thinking,like they not thinking,but then its like they do have this were they understand the situation,like its almost like they giving a blank stare like they not thinking or gtting the situation

I'm learning a lot about myself from you chado

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Yeah sometimes I get a blank stare and say nothing because in my head I'm like "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?" and then when I realise enough of what the fuck is going on to say something, people realise how much I understood of what the fuck was going on because I understood that I didn't understand something that they were assuming made sense which tooootally didn't make any sense whatsoever.

So, either I'm just going with the flow of things and seeing no reason to react, or I'm internally like "...wat?".

Here's an analogy: think of watching a TV show, so you're just watching blankly, not saying anything, but you still understand what is happening in the TV show because the mind is processing what everyone is saying and following the plot. An Ni might be someone who is focused more on the development of the plot through the story, rather than on getting wrapped up in the action or drama, so understands really well what is going on.