• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

society, a big image of the brain

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Why have we have made barber's shops, baker's, banks and all institutions dedicated to single cause?

It's easiest for us to understand those concepts, and to learn them, as well.

With different brains, humans would have combined personal grooming services with insurances, bricklaying with microchip design etc.

A few of us with slightly differently wired brains struggle to find out why things are done the way they are, and why we face the prejudices we do.

Like I being a great improviser, and capable of applying learned knowledge in a situation on-the fly, wondering why I can't get a job X without having been in a job almost-X for 5 years or so.

There's a million other things to say about brain / society connection, too, but where's the time for that?

Someone talented could surely predict a spot or a pattern in people's brain structure just by observing society. It might be harder to do the opposite. Still, our capabilities and intellectual deficiencies define what our societies become.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Liking britney spears = silly spot of the brain :D

No, I'm just fooling. But .. really, this is somewhat serious to me, but I'm dozing off at this moment.

redacted

Brain structure? We don't know shit about brain structure for any reasons other than imaging techniques and dissections.

We might infer things about the mind, but definitely not about the brain.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Brain structure? We don't know shit about brain structure for any reasons other than imaging techniques and dissections.

We might infer things about the mind, but definitely not about the brain.

ok :)

You have a serious lack of fantasy sometimes, if I may say so :)

redacted

What do you mean by that?

You mean I'm very serious on this forum?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Santtu what the fuck are you talking about?