• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] how does extroverted sensing and introverted intuition play with each other?

chado

MBTI Type
infp
like extroverted sensing and introverted intuition is always connected so in your experinces as ni types,how would se trigger your ni ?
like since im an infp my si and ne always works together id always be remembering some facts(si) and from there i will get alot of ideas and possibilities(ne) so how in your experinces does se and ni work together and do this?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mr. chado?

Why are you super interested in Ni?

You say you're an INFP, you're obsessed with a function that isn't meant to be that natural to you.

I mean Ni dominants are not Gods. I think you're more interested in psychics than just an ordinary perception function (ok well not that ordinary)

It's really not that interesting.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I play on the same function axis as you [MENTION=23960]chado[/MENTION], but as I understand the Ni/Se axis is something similar to Ne/Si... but different too. To me, Si is what gives the depth, the fragments of understanding, the material, that raw data, and Ne is what ties it all together. Ne itself is rather shallow by nature, of being an extroverted function, an exploratory function, such as Se.

So, from an outsiders perspective, and in understanding my own process, I see the parallel of the Ni/Se axis as playing on similar grounds as Ne/Si, except that it is the intuition, that has the depth and nuances, but pulls from a shallow understanding of the outside world.

Basically, from my jibberish above, Ne and Se are essentially looking at the same thing, but one is abstract, one is not. Ni and Si are looking at the same thing, one is abstract, one is not. Where you pull your concrete data from and what you pull your depth of understanding from, will depend on which function axis you use.

In my perspective and experience with users of the type, the Ni/Se axis can feel, to me, as rather superficial in their understanding of patterns, since their understanding of the external world is shallow by nature, being that their extroverted function is superficial. Whereas, I feel my patterns and associations are shallow or short sighted, but the connections made, exist between a much deeper understanding of the world around me.

chado

MBTI Type
infp
Mr. chado?

Why are you super interested in Ni?

You say you're an INFP, you're obsessed with a function that isn't meant to be that natural to you.

I mean Ni dominants are not Gods. I think you're more interested in psychics than just an ordinary perception function (ok well not that ordinary)

It's really not that interesting.

you can only be interesting in something you dont have.lol.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
you can only be interesting in something you dont have.lol.

Lol! Mr. chado. My man my man!

Or you can be interesting by being really excellent in what you already have! If you're grateful for things you have you'll be happier. :hug:

neuskens

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I once said it to myself this way while observing my architect INTJ teacher:

Ne-Si weighs in what was (si) to ponder what it could be now (ne) or in a short-term future; Ni-Se takes in what definitely is (se) as basis to what it will or can be (ni).

I described Ne as short-term because it's so distracting........