• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Te] Why people don't like to talk about Te ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I have been a member here for quite some time and to be honest I don't remember seeing many Te threads around this forum. What indicates the question "Why? ". Are people wary of Te or everbody knows everything about Te ?

There is the "Si thread" that is going around so I wanted to make Te equivalent to that thread.
Therefore since pretty much everyone here knows the basic idea behind Te I will start with simple questions:

1. Why do you see yourself as a TJ ?

2. Did your Te ever gave you the bad/evil rep ?

3. Do you ever feel lonely/isolated for being distinct Te User ? Why?

4. How does Te look like in tertiary/inferior position ?

5. How your general relations with distinct Te users look like ? (does dom/aux make a difference?)

6. How does Te look like in tertiary/inferior position ?

7. Did you ever had a romantic endeavour with a TJ ? How did that look like ?

8. Are all TJs crazy about money and related issues ?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
>"why aren't there any threads about Te?"
>"why can't people talk about Te, there is a thread about Si"
>makes this thread talking about Te
CurOYtgWIAALgaE.jpg

I'm just kidding op lol, who knows why. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Te is fascinating and I'm glad you opened this thread.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
tea? Thought you emancipated from the british and drink whiskey now :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I actually think a good TJ girl is like that romance with the red haired Rene Russo in the movie The Thomas Crown affair. Of all the loveable people you meet in your life and nice things you endeavour that one all the waiting pays off for :)

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION] It is good that you have started such a thread because I think that many of the more superficial descriptions of Te are very misleading.

When I was first introduced to MBTI, the general gist of Te I gained was that it revolved around things like imposing order and delegating commands and bossing people around. Now that I know better, my understanding is that Te can manifest in this kind of behaviour, especially for Te-doms, but especially when Te is not dominant, it tends not to be so overt.

#1. I see myself as a Te-aux. There are many reasons as to why I believe this to be true. For example, when I am making decisions, I am very pragmatic, and I throw my emotions out of the picture, employing impersonal, detached, and objective reasoning. I am also organized and goal oriented. I plan every action I take, and I usually have explicit goals as the bottom line for everything I do.

For quite some time, I believed that I was a Ti-dom, because I am a habitual theorizer. However, when I analyzed the theories I made, I noticed my theories almost always involved inductive (Te) reasoning, not deductive (Ti) reasoning. I am not too concerned about exact logical implications or theory which does not have potential application (Ti), and much more concerned with evidence, facts, and in particular, quantifiable information (Te). I have always held quantifiable information in the highest regard. Even when I was a child of perhaps 6 or 7 years of age, I was constantly asking teachers and my parents questions about quantifiable information. Eg. How many kilograms does that bus weigh, how fast is that airplane going, how many kilometres is it to the moon. Unsurprisingly, this led to a strong interest in science (especially physics) and math.

#2. Not really, though I have a reputation of being brutally honest, blunt, and often being impersonal in my judgments. I am also a very independent thinker, and hold a lot of unconventional views. I never believe anything based on someone's word or reputation. I always question whether something makes sense from a logical or rational point view, and only believe something if it makes sense to me, though I am always open to people who can change my mind, provided that they can back up their arguments with sufficient reason and evidence. For this reason, I have sometimes been called arrogant. I have always found it inexplicable that people tend to take offence if others express beliefs that are different from their own.

My atheism and my scientific thinking also caused some friction during my childhood between myself and my parents who are fundamentalist Catholics.

#3. No.

#4. My observation is that, in the case of unhealthy persons, Te subordinated to Fi produces a desire to impose their emotions and subjective values on other people. In healthy individuals, Te can be the "how do we get there" counterpart to the Fi "what do we want?"

#5. No comment.

#6. See #4.

#7. No.

#8. Probably more so than other types. I think the Te-Si has a greater tendency to produce an affinity for money than Te-Ni. In my case, I care a lot about what the money represents, and so I put a lot of effort into earning money. I see money as a trophy: A testament to one's achievements and contributions to society. However, my preoccupation is with earning money, not saving it. Once I have earned the money, I care not a whit for it, and I have a tendency to spend recklessly.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
>"why aren't there any threads about Te?"
>"why can't people talk about Te, there is a thread about Si"
>makes this thread talking about Te
CurOYtgWIAALgaE.jpg

I'm just kidding op lol, who knows why. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Te is fascinating and I'm glad you opened this thread.

My Te says to me that I should accuse you of posting Ti material in my thread. :alttongue:

Seriously, I think that Te is the least discussed function on this forum and I never understood why. Like: that is what scary/bossy people do, so we will not talk about it. Mkay ?

This looks funny but this can be a real problem. Probably the main reason why I was mistyped for so long was because there is a deficit of good info about Te. Everything is just "Money, leadership ... end of story". Therefore if you aren't born in capitalism and people tell you over and over that you should be ashamed of youself and your personality ... you are in problems.

When I came here long ago I took the Nardi's function test which gave me ENTJ and I was "Oh no, that can be right. There is something wrong with this test". On the other hand years later I started observing people more closely and realized that people get pretty defensive around me and they do that pretty quckly. Not to mention that I make scheduels for myself and others almost everyday, I climb mountains, repair stuff, and do all kind of physical stuff ... a little bit too intense for a Ni-dom. I tried to justified this through various enneagram combinations but that didn't work out and I have accepted what many hated about me ... and that was pure jackpot since now I am at peace with myself.

Dom Te automatically means reduced self-awareness and if there is no good external model that would explain things you will find yourself spining in circles. You need people but most people dislike you for this or that reason or for what you are, you aren't that great at emotional sphere and understanding of emotion, most of self-help books is written for more "sensitive people" and you can't relate to them, any Te descriptions lack depth of understanding ..... and in a blink you are basically nowhere.

This is how this thread got it's name. :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I actually think a good TJ girl is like that romance with the red haired Rene Russo in the movie The Thomas Crown affair. Of all the loveable people you meet in your life and nice things you endeavour that one all the waiting pays off for :)

[MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION] It is good that you have started such a thread because I think that many of the more superficial descriptions of Te are very misleading.

When I was first introduced to MBTI, the general gist of Te I gained was that it revolved around things like imposing order and delegating commands and bossing people around. Now that I know better, my understanding is that Te can manifest in this kind of behaviour, especially for Te-doms, but especially when Te is not dominant, it tends not to be so overt.

#1. I see myself as a Te-aux. There are many reasons as to why I believe this to be true. For example, when I am making decisions, I am very pragmatic, and I throw my emotions out of the picture, employing impersonal, detached, and objective reasoning. I am also organized and goal oriented. I plan every action I take, and I usually have explicit goals as the bottom line for everything I do.

For quite some time, I believed that I was a Ti-dom, because I am a habitual theorizer. However, when I analyzed the theories I made, I noticed my theories almost always involved inductive (Te) reasoning, not deductive (Ti) reasoning. I am not too concerned about exact logical implications (Ti), and much more concerned with evidence, facts, and in particular, quantifiable information (Te). I have always held quantifiable information in the highest regard. Even when I was a child of perhaps 6 or 7 years of age, I was constantly asking teachers and my parents questions about quantifiable information. Eg. How many kilograms does that bus weigh, how fast is that airplane going, how many kilometres is it to the moon. Unsurprisingly, this led to a strong interest in science (especially physics) and math.

#2. Not really, though I have a reputation of being brutally honest, blunt, and often being impersonal in my judgments. I am also a very independent thinker, and hold a lot of unconventional views. I never believe anything based on someone's word or reputation. I always question whether something makes sense from a logical or rational point view, and only believe something if it makes sense to me, though I am always open to people who can change my mind, provided that they can back up their arguments with sufficient reason and evidence. For this reason, I have sometimes been called arrogant. I have always found it inexplicable that people tend to take offence if others express beliefs that are different from their own.

My atheism and my scientific thinking also caused some friction during my childhood between myself and my parents who are devout Catholics.

#3. No.

#4. My observation is that, in the case of unhealthy persons, Te subordinated to Fi produces a desire to impose their emotions and subjective values on other people. In healthy individuals, Te can be the "how do we get there" counterpart to the Fi "what do we want?"

#5. No comment.

#6. See #4.

#7. No.

#8. Probably more so than other types. I think the Te-Si has a greater tendency to produce an affinity for money than Te-Ni. In my case, I care a lot about what the money represents, and so I put a lot of effort into earning money. I see money as a trophy: A testament to one's achievements and contributions to society. However, my preoccupation is with earning money, not saving it. Once I have earned the money, I care not a whit for it, and I have a tendency to spend recklessly.

I of course meant STJs, not that wannabes ! :)

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My Te says to me that I should accuse you of posting Ti material in my thread. :alttongue:

Seriously, I think that Te is the least discussed function on this forum and I never understood why. Like: that is what scary/bossy people do, so we will not talk about it. Mkay ?

This looks funny but this can be a real problem. Probably the main reason why I was mistyped for so long was because there is a deficit of good info about Te. Everything is just "Money, leadership ... end of story". Therefore if you aren't born in capitalism and people tell you over and over that you should be ashamed of youself and your personality ... you are in problems.

When I came here long ago I took the Nardi's function test which gave me ENTJ and I was "Oh no, that can be right. There is something wrong with this test". On the other hand years later I started observing people more closely and realized that people get pretty defensive around me and they do that pretty quckly. Not to mention that I make scheduels for myself and others almost everyday, I climb mountains, repair stuff, and do all kind of physical stuff ... a little bit too intense for a Ni-dom. I tried to justified this through various enneagram combinations but that didn't work out and I have accepted what many hated about me ... and that was pure jackpot since now I am at peace with myself.

Dom Te automatically means reduced self-awareness and if there is no good external model that would explain things you will find yourself spining in circles. You need people but most people dislike you for this or that reason or for what you are, you aren't that great at emotional sphere and understanding of emotion, most of self-help books is written for more "sensitive people" and you can't relate to them, any Te descriptions lack depth of understanding ..... and in a blink you are basically nowhere.

This is how this thread got it's name. :)

It's actually pretty crazy that there isn't really a lot of threads talking about this function, though, so you are very much correct. I'll admit, there seems to be some bias against Te and it is hammered down to just a person who gets hot headed when something gets done wrongly, and I do believe it is much more complex than that. Hopefully this thread will disillusion the myths that surround Te and especially what Te-doms go through on a daily basis. I myself want to learn if there is anyway I can activate Te in myself despite not really being in my first functional stacking.. it should definitely be an enlightening experience once I learn more about this function!

Again, so happy you opened this thread. Even I'm a little confused on the attributes of Te and what it actually does for TJ and even FP people.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
hammered down i wouldnt say, most TJs more appear like in grave need to be hammered down^^

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
You asked what it's like in lower positions, so here's the best description of inferior Te in general on the internet:
The Te-rrors of Inferior Te

*No one else can ever do anything well enough
*Actually neither can I for that matter
*Basically nothing is RIGHT
*Perfection is unattainable
*Procrastination
*Organization/cleaning is somehow vaguely satisfying
*But, of course, I’m not going to organize anything that actually matters
*Like paperwork. Or my room. Or my schedule.
*But hey at least that diagram on the 5th page of my math notes looks nice
*The whole ‘motivation’ thing doesn’t always work out so well
*I’m talking about long-term projects, kids
*P r o c r a s t i n a t i o n s t a t i o n
*The capability to be the most stubborn person on this plane of existence
*The occasional rigidity
*Not that I judge people. But like.
*The whole lashing out under stressful circumstances thing
*“Control freak mode,” as the INTJ puts it

Have I mentioned procrastination?
If you want to understand IxFPs read this, then read it again, then read it AGAIN

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have been a member here for quite some time and to be honest I don't remember seeing many Te threads around this forum. What indicates the question "Why? ". Are people wary of Te or everbody knows everything about Te ?

There is the "Si thread" that is going around so I wanted to make Te equivalent to that thread.
Therefore since pretty much everyone here knows the basic idea behind Te I will start with simple questions:

1. Why do you see yourself as a TJ ?

2. Did your Te ever gave you the bad/evil rep ?

3. Do you ever feel lonely/isolated for being distinct Te User ? Why?

4. How does Te look like in tertiary/inferior position ?

5. How your general relations with distinct Te users look like ? (does dom/aux make a difference?)

6. How does Te look like in tertiary/inferior position ?

7. Did you ever had a romantic endeavour with a TJ ? How did that look like ?

8. Are all TJs crazy about money and related issues ?

I started one earlier this year. You posted in it:

TJs: Describe Te as You Understand It

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
In another life I will type myself TJ and then I hit on them all. But for tonight, ouh its late

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Therefore since pretty much everyone here knows the basic idea behind Te I will start with simple questions
I will answer your specific questions later, but for now I think you have identified one part of why not much is said about Te: pretty much everyone knows the basics about it. It is much less mysterious than, say, Ni. I have even heard Te described rather pejoratively as the "least common denominator function", as if to deny it has any depth or ability for nuance. Without getting into the accuracy of that characterization, I can say that the relative straightforwardness of Te is its strength. It is concerned with objective aspects of external reality, things all of us can point to and measure. In short, the "facts of the matter". If we cannot at least agree on those, then we cannot productively move on to interpretation, valuation, elaboration, and those supposedly deeper and more nuanced thought processes. Te, regardless of where it is in our function stack, helps us all get on the same page.

I started one earlier this year. You posted in it:

TJs: Describe Te as You Understand It
I can merge the threads if the OP wishes.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I will answer your specific questions later, but for now I think you have identified one part of why not much is said about Te: pretty much everyone knows the basics about it. It is much less mysterious than, say, Ni. I have even heard Te described rather pejoratively as the "least common denominator function", as if to deny it has any depth or ability for nuance.

I've always felt it was looked at as a really boring function. I never heard much else said until it got attacked by some Fe doms. I never got it, it's not the villain it's made out to be. For us, Te helps Ni (through Se) be more objective or embrace the external world and stop over complicating stuff, for starters.

It also finds keys and wallets, especially other peoples' keys and wallets since we're good at gathering factual data (where they're likely leaving stuff) and evidence (Here's your stuff!)

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Glad this thread and similar ones were started! It's true isn't it? There really isn't much talk about Te is there? I feel perhaps for the same reason we don't see much Se threads. People see it as this flat, one dimensional function that requires no second thought.

Perhaps I may tend to look too much into the function myself, but I see it more than just being organized or having some bibliography at one's beck and call. Well, maybe it IS that flat, as Se is solely just about your physical, external environment.

But to me, Te comes into play with how I structure my thoughts and ideas to a degree. How I think and make sense of things is not Te, but how I express them, I feel, is. If I didn't have a systematic way about going through my thoughts with others and explaining things, I feel my ideas would never be properly translated in a way that others could understand. To me, Te comes into play in communicating with a common language, and meeting people in this middle ground, where each individual's subjective thoughts can be shared universally.

It's really quite a beautiful function, really.