• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What use is Ti?

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ti doesn't actually do anything, though. If the idea is only in your head, it might give you some sort of intellectual hard-on, but it's worthless to everyone else.

I'd ask you to prove it (because I know you can't), but you'd just pollute this thread with pages of pedantic BS.

1)Logic is the language of objective reasoning (doubt this needs further argument)
2)Introverted functions inhere in the unconscious psyche to a greater extent than Extroverted, therefore Ti is in closest affinity with logic.
3)Only through careful calculation could complex systems be designed. As there are two ways to know things, by chance, and through careful systematic inquiry. As a matter of truism, the latter is more reliable than the former.
4)Technically all of philosophy, science and the mathematics are predominantly work of Ti for this reason.
5)Only Extroverted functions directly interact with the external world, however, their actions are necessarily the manifestations of the internal mindset. For example, the reason why you have a computer in front of you is because a certain Ti dom, by the name of George Boole has outlined the axioms of symbolic logic. The advanced version of such a system has soon been applied to our invention of technology. In summary, people who deal with the work of Ti may not be interested in the practical applications of their ideas, however men of affairs very much are. How far our intellectual development has been advanced in the last few milleniums is indicative of this. Especially recently, concerning the advancement of technology. The ideas that have been applied in that enterprise are most relevant to the work of Ti as their foundation rests upon theoretical work in logic.
6)'Validity' of the 'concept' of Introverted Thinking rests upon the truism of the unconscious human tendency towards impersonal judgment which Jung has regarded as 'Thinking'.

By the way Jack, you are a very intelligent man, I am absolutely in awe. Please enlighten me more with your posts, I learn from you every day and I cannot quite describe how much I feel priveleged to have your gracious presence bestowed upon me!

Lateralus, you are a real winner, keep it up too. I am revere your stupendous genius and uncanny ability to express your thoughts in a lucid fashion.

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
My math teacher in school kept writing next to my formula "too complicated" or "I do not see how you get there" but the result was right.

Heh. I've seen that on more than a few of my tests. "Show your work." Well, ooookay. Here ya go. Good luck with that. :D

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah, but it always does.

Man... so much muddled understanding... this is BW's doing.

Nocap, how much simpler can this schema get?

1)Thinking depends on Feeling in the following regard, when a Thinker comes across a piece of good reasoning, he experiences a positive sentiment with respect to the thought he just entertained. If this were not the case, and we had only Thinking operating and no Feeling, the Thinker would have no relationship to his thoughts. He simply would have no motivation to explore them.
2)Intuition depends on Sensation in the following regard, in order for you to imagine something, you need to have an observation imprinted in your mind of something that you have seen before. As otherwise your vision does not have a starting point.
3)Feeling depends on Thinking in the following regard, Thinking provides structure for the sentiments the feeler has experienced. A feeler is able to say that X is good or bad because Thinking has identified what X is and focused the sentiments onto X. Feeling without Thinking would simply be a conglomeration of passions.
4)Sensing depends on Intuition in the following regard, concrete sensations are only possible to be recalled if one has made a mental note of them, this requires intuition. Pure element of sensation goes only as far as the physical act of touching, or smelling an entity, yet when the mind quite inevitably makes a mental note of the entity interacted with, intuition comes into the act.

edcoaching,

Quite obviously someone could make decisions almost exclusively based on Thinking, or on Feeling, yet this is not relevant to the claim dissonance has made. What he had in mind, I have outlined above. It is not at all relevant to people who rely excessively on the function in closest affinity with theit natural predilections and neglect the function most distant to the province of their most easily operated cognitive faculties.

redacted

Thanks, Blue. I'm glad at least someone sees what I'm saying :)

(Want to help me out with the induction/deduction thread? You're way better than I am at clarity, even if our ideas are the same.)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Re: Post 102:
...but he can't prove that Ti is a valid concept to begin with.

Re: Post 104: In other words, it doesn't matter. We all use every so-called function. Functions which some realize are attempts at, as Grayscale put it, "converting analog to digital," and as I put it, imperfectly and erroneously.