• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What the therapists said...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't really think emotions are something that should be valued.

So you don't do anything because you enjoy it?
And avoid things because you don't?

Or eat certain foods because they make you feel good?
Or watch certain TV shows, or study movies, or a host of other things because you enjoy them?

Or are you just saying "emotions in context of other human beings"?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wouldn't you love to be a robot, though? You'd always have perspective. You wouldn't feel happiness, but you wouldn't feel sadness either. You wouldn't care how you came across to other people without emotion.

You earth creatures are quite odd, indeed! :p

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
Maybe that's because your sister is from Uranus! :p :yes:
There's been much conjecture in that arena....

I don't really like being touched other than by my partner and my children up to a certain age. I don't know how I was when I was little. No one ever said anything about it.

I am very respectful of my daughter's dislike of being touched. I don't see it as being different than any other preference. I wouldn't like it if someone tried to pour Dr. Pepper down my throat, why should I touch somebody that doesn't want to be touched?
You seem like a reasonable parent. How would you like to adopt me? :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wouldn't you love to be a robot, though? You'd always have perspective. You wouldn't feel happiness, but you wouldn't feel sadness either. You wouldn't care how you came across to other people without emotion.

Been there, done that...

The continual numbness of depression sucks to the point of self-termination. I'd rather have ups *and* downs.

And to enjoy having perspective, I'd need emotions. Otherwise it's like just being a human video camera without any motivation whatsoever.

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
I hate laundry. When can you get here?

I think I can be there in about 15 hours, IIRC. If I'm up there, I'll need to visit some other people in neighboring States, tho--one of those will include laundry duties too. :D

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Been there, done that...

The continual numbness of depression sucks to the point of self-termination. I'd rather have ups *and* downs.

And to enjoy having perspective, I'd need emotions. Otherwise it's like just being a human video camera without any motivation whatsoever.

Did you forget Mr. Spock?

Not depression. Apathy -- being lukewarm. Right down the middle. Logical.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did you forget Mr. Spock?

Not depression. Apathy -- being lukewarm. Right down the middle. Logical.

Spock isn't real. He's a character in a TV show.

(And he spent his lifetime alone, except for bickering with an opinionated medical technician, and then died the first time of horrible radiation poisoning behind safety glass.)

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I think I can be there in about 15 hours, IIRC. If I'm up there, I'll need to visit some other people in neighboring States, tho--one of those will include laundry duties too. :D
:party2:

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ

You earth creatures are quite odd, indeed! :p

I have thought about it, but total lack of emotion is depression. Being a robot would mean being depressed all the time.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I have thought about it, but total lack of emotion is depression. Being a robot would mean being depressed all the time.
hg2g_marvin_1.jpg

Robotic Eeyore?