User Tag List

123 Last

heart on fire

Default Cold-Hearted Feelers and Unintelligent Thinkers

I wonder a lot about emotionally damaged/ emotionally unavailable Feelers and Thinkers who may have cognitive damage/lack of math skills/trouble concentrating, etc.

I wonder how often it happened and if it results in them being mistyped.

What do other people think about this issue?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

I am one of them
    my childhood was not candy canes and such
    but i still champion that and hold no bitterness for it-quite the opposite

but if you only knew how much i doubted my type
    a lot
    i still think i'm an INTJ, maybe i am
    but i am not seeing as clearly as i want to
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INTP

I think my ADD really played with my thinking preference.

I used to not be able to really focus at all on anything and could only sustain any prolonged thinking for a short amount of time before I got bored. So I really played soccer a lot and would actually look forward to practice because it was relaxed and I could have fun playing with my teammates.

I basically needed fast paced stimulation and couldn't ride that curiosity into a depth of knowledge that thinkers are known for. I had sort of a light hearted logic thing going. hated completely illogical statements or superficial comments but wouldn't raise hell(even mentally) if there was a minor to decent mistake and id back off before it got too detailed.

It basically ended up in me alternating between endless joking and intense naiive seriousness that would be slightly insightful but limited in effectiveness.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've been rather isolated, and may have some kind of social anxiety disorder. Essentially, I'm terrified of making a mistake in my interactions with people, and if I feel like I have, my habit is to run away from the situation and avoid that particular person/situation from then on, even if I end up sacrificing a lot of goals, integrity, and opportunities to do so.

This results in me limiting my interaction more than I should due to fear that other people wouldn't like my awkwardness, and a tendency to be a perfectionist with regards to how I come across (a bad trait because of the fact that I have little experience). It results in very stiff, cool, formal interaction that no one really likes, but doesn't make anyone dislike me either.

My feelings seem to become weak without other people, though. I don't need them to survive, but I do need them in order to be happy and keep my feelings coherent and conscious.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Thinkers who may have cognitive damage...
    There's a lot of that kind of thing at INTPc.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

All the "good" type descriptions assume people had a chance to develop normally--that parents and teachers honored the preferences of they child and they got to actually use their dominant and, later, auxiliary as they moved through adolescence.

So this thread is right on--ADD, difficulties in childhood, can either block development OR can push development of the other preferences in ways that make it difficult to know what is preferred. Can be a blessing or can really screw you up.

I often joke rather seriously that type is about normal differences among normal people. It doesn't have to be as extreme as child abuse for the maskign to happen.

For example my dad was a community organizer (which, honest, takes a lot of leadership skills no matter what the Republicans say...). We all participated in fundraisers, community events like painting houses for the elderly, going to picnics and gatherings, etc. My siblings and I...it was just assumed at church/school that we could lead stuff too so we got lots of chances to practice our E skills. 4 of us are actually Is. My ISTP brother said it took him 20 years to figure out he was really Introverted but it wasn't all bad because he had a chance in a healthy environment to practice those skills.
    edcoaching

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hmm, I would say that due to certain past emotional traumas I have become somewhat of a *closed* hearted Feeler. But, I dunno, the only cold-hearted people I have ever come across were Ts. Also, intelligence has nothing to do with F or T-ness, I think.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    NeTi

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Hmm, I would say that due to certain past emotional traumas I have become somewhat of a *closed* hearted Feeler. But, I dunno, the only cold-hearted people I have ever come across were Ts. Also, intelligence has nothing to do with F or T-ness, I think.
    I believe that while ENxPs are the two most-likely types to be gifted, ENFPs are more likely than ENTPs.

I think the distinction should be "cold-hearted Feelers" vs "warm-hearted Thinkers".
    The enemy's gate is down.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    I think my ADD really played with my thinking preference.

I used to not be able to really focus at all on anything and could only sustain any prolonged thinking for a short amount of time before I got bored. So I really played soccer a lot and would actually look forward to practice because it was relaxed and I could have fun playing with my teammates.

I basically needed fast paced stimulation and couldn't ride that curiosity into a depth of knowledge that thinkers are known for. I had sort of a light hearted logic thing going. hated completely illogical statements or superficial comments but wouldn't raise hell(even mentally) if there was a minor to decent mistake and id back off before it got too detailed.

It basically ended up in me alternating between endless joking and intense naiive seriousness that would be slightly insightful but limited in effectiveness.
    I wonder if Asperger's, while maybe increasing intellectual skills somewhat (though maybe oddly, at times), nevertheless increases Fi-like traits (being concerned with one's own wants, being overly sensitive at perceived offenses, etc).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    I wonder if Asperger's, while maybe increasing intellectual skills somewhat (though maybe oddly, at times), nevertheless increases Fi-like traits (being concerned with one's own wants, being overly sensitive at perceived offenses, etc).
    Wasn't it settled that what most people unconsciously mean when they refer to Asperger's is "being INTP or INFP." Perhaps that's just my opinion.