User Tag List

First 3456 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Well... I mean I know an idiot ISTP. He does things logically, and impersonally -- makes decisions based on logic rather than emotions, but he still does things poorly because he's not very smart, and therefore can't use/construct logic very well.
    I know a ISTP like this too, it is part of why I started the thread. I was actually hoping someone who knew far more than I do would come and speak on this issue.

The sad thing is, if this ISTP had a better grasp on his Feeling side and smoothed the way with others more often, his assinine decisions could be more easily overlooked, especially by the feelers in his life and he could make his way so much easier, but he's been doubly scorned, doesn't like to use feeling to make decisions regarding others and yet too unintelligent to make wise decisions on his own, he's left out to dry alone...again and again by life through his own bad decisions. Yet he is the first person to say "No sympathy or special treatment for others" and yet he begs for it himself when his own bad decision making skills let him down which he attributes to "statistical bad luck" and then he's puzzled when he burns other people out.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

my family has often told me that i'm cold, distant, that i lack compassion and that i don't seem to care about anything/anyone.
    lol a boyfriend in high school told me that i was a "cold hearted bitch".
    the thing is, although i can come off like this on the outside, my inside world is much different. I do have compassion, i just don't voice it. I do care about people, but i don't actively help them without them asking, and i don't like to get into their personal business and matters. I also care very deeply about people, especially my family, but i don't show it, because i don't feel comfortable doing so. I guess i just don't wear my feelings on my sleeve, or my heart, or whatever the stupid saying is.
    I'm not sure if this has anything to do with emotional damage, but i do have quite a bit of that, so perhaps it does.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    my family has often told me that i'm cold, distant, that i lack compassion and that i don't seem to care about anything/anyone.
    lol a boyfriend in high school told me that i was a "cold hearted bitch".
    the thing is, although i can come off like this on the outside, my inside world is much different. I do have compassion, i just don't voice it. I do care about people, but i don't actively help them without them asking, and i don't like to get into their personal business and matters. I also care very deeply about people, especially my family, but i don't show it, because i don't feel comfortable doing so. I guess i just don't wear my feelings on my sleeve, or my heart, or whatever the stupid saying is.
    I'm not sure if this has anything to do with emotional damage, but i do have quite a bit of that, so perhaps it does.
    I'm in the exact same boat as you.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    You're probably not an NT then.
    If you ignore the word "probably" in sentences, you might not be NT...

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Oops. That was a joke. I forgot to add the "JK". It's in there now.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

If you don't get jokes, you might not be NT.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Oops. That was a joke. I forgot to add the "JK"
    In that case I was joking as well, but yet it remains true...

I apologize Sunshine, I didn't give you enough credit. Haven't had the chance to slice and dice you with my evil perception yet.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I wonder a lot about emotionally damaged/ emotionally unavailable Feelers and Thinkers who may have cognitive damage/lack of math skills/trouble concentrating, etc.

I wonder how often it happened and if it results in them being mistyped.

What do other people think about this issue?
    My hypothesis is that I have suppressed my Fi, maybe due to a vague dissatisfaction with life in general. I overuse my Te, and I would not consider myself a perfectly balanced individual. Because of my dominant Ne and more-prominent-than-average Te, I am extremely dependent on externall situations. When I am alone, I move to the nearest place that another person is. Period. I have ONLY tested as an ENTP, but I am not one. I am an ENFP, but an ENFP who looks NOTHING like the type description except for the use of Ne. (Lateral thinking etc).

Edit: So when we're talking about suppressing functions, this is kind of a whole new area. I really think if like were not "eat to live, work to eat" then I would look like a normal ENFP. But the condition that people must live in is nothing but sad to me. And maybe that's reason enough for my subconscious to "block out" how I feel.

Edit: I pick up new skills constantly, a perfect example of Ne being directed by Te. I learn a skill for a month and then I learn a new skill, and over and again, but empathy is less involved. I am only interested in growing through the feedback of how people react with how I think and what I believe. That sounds like an "I" suppression to me.

MBTI
    INTP

I did not read the whole thread. F vs. T is about how we make sense of and interpret the world. Do we use feeling or thinking? It does not say anything with respect to the nature of the feeling or thinking. It makes no difference whether people are mean and nasty vs. good or intelligent vs. dumb.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    I am one of them
    my childhood was not candy canes and such
    but i still champion that and hold no bitterness for it-quite the opposite

but if you only knew how much i doubted my type
    a lot
    i still think i'm an INTJ, maybe i am
    but i am not seeing as clearly as i want to
    I spoke with you under a different name and I think your INTJ with higher feeling function.